Healers in BGs

Battlegrounds
Dafuq?! No but really... I'm sure we've all seen the issue. Any healing class can heal through anything 1-3 DPS classes can throw at them. I mean i'm a rogue. With all my stuns and CC I and a high damaging class like a hunter or a warrior should be able to take down a healer who is alone right? Apparently not. Druids simply hot up and pop swiftmend /rinse /repeat. Holy pallys just flash of light like crazy. " Lol im out of mana and 6 guys are attacking? It's ok. /lay on hands derp derp derp" Monks... Monks just use renewing mist and chain use soothing mist. Lol im at 10% health. JK BACK TO FULL IN 1 SECOND. Shammies have an overpowered healing surge and earth shield. Priests just bubble and hot up. And clearly we cant have 15 people on the healers all at once. Can we fix healing in pvp please? Btw its not like I only have dps classes. My main is a holy pally.
Shaman just gets spell steal from a mage, or purge from another Shaman. Just Pre-made with a mage and mess em up.
you could try not overlapping your ccs and landing those interrupts.
Healers in BGs need a nerf, enough said. 2 Healers in the same location is near impossible without atleast 3-4 people on each. That's not working as intended, or atleast shouldn't be. Dumb.
10/08/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Orynn
Healers in BGs need a nerf, enough said. 2 Healers in the same location is near impossible without atleast 3-4 people on each. That's not working as intended, or atleast shouldn't be. Dumb.

2 healers in same location and 3 dps dropping them quickly with proper CC+interrupts is no fair? That seems reasonable to me O.o
<---Not a !@#$ rogue.
<---Not a %^-* guild.
<---I do kick soothing mist
<---Interrupt and silence with garrote whenever possible.
Let me know when you don't make assumptions anymore. Btw I haven't even heard of your guild. Soooo !@#$ and gtfo? Thanks.

Thanks Stormspellz for constructive strategies against healers<3
BG play is dictated by healers. Whoever has more wins.
10/08/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Malfurious

Really now?

http://i.imgur.com/2XTPE.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XVkgy.jpg

I guess those teams hacked.

Not even close, rubbish! I have been in losses with 3 healers in 10 man BG's on our side, 0 on opponents and I have won against having none with opponents having 3-4. Competent team is competent.
you have not heard of greeklegion one of the largest horde guilds on darkspear?
probably because your retarded.

Maybe its because you're the "new" Sacred .... LOL by the way. Horde guilds on Darkspear (especially the ones that boast about how good they are) fizzle shortly after they get noticed.
10/08/2012 06:37 PMPosted by Orynn

Ok but those healers can't kill you I'm sure.

Healers don't win BGs. Smart, geared, coordinated DPS win BGs. Healers just make it easier for them to get the win they were going to get anyway.

Until your opponents begin accepting polite invitations to leave nodes of control, you're going to need to kill them, and make them leave. You need damage to make that happen, and if you don't have it, you lose.

My pvp toon for MoP is a resto druid. I heal my !@# off every BG. And 7 out of 8 times, the DPS on my team is garbage. Pure garbage. I can keep them alive until I'm oom, and even then keep healing for a while. But it doesn't matter, because they're incapable of pushing through the other team's health and securing us a point.

Heals don't win BGs. Killing does. Get it through your head.
10/08/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Gruklaar

Healers don't win BGs. Smart, geared, coordinated DPS win BGs. Healers just make it easier for them to get the win they were going to get anyway.

Until your opponents begin accepting polite invitations to leave nodes of control, you're going to need to kill them, and make them leave. You need damage to make that happen, and if you don't have it, you lose.

My pvp toon for MoP is a resto druid. I heal my !@# off every BG. And 7 out of 8 times, the DPS on my team is garbage. Pure garbage. I can keep them alive until I'm oom, and even then keep healing for a while. But it doesn't matter, because they're incapable of pushing through the other team's health and securing us a point.

Heals don't win BGs. Killing does. Get it through your head.

Yeah and chances are the other team had not one, but 3 healers and yet you blame the dps for not killing them. Maybe its because the healers are doing 2-3 times as much heals as the damage your team can put out since they can't coordinate cc without the use of vent.

The problem is healers which aren't cc'd are healing ridiculously large amounts, and in random bg's its nearly impossible to keep more than 2 healers in a group cc'd well at all.

Basically its far easier for groups of healers to just heal than groups of dps to cc AND dps to kill them. Without a premade those healers won't go down. And don't say its a skill issue, its just the fact that these bg's are between RANDOM people the majority of the time who DON'T have communication.
10/08/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Abracadaver
The problem is healers which aren't cc'd are healing ridiculously large amounts, and in random bg's its nearly impossible to keep more than 2 healers in a group cc'd well at all.

I know healers can heal for ridiculous amounts. I AM the healer healing for ridiculous amounts.

And it doesn't matter. Because my team has no damage.

About 80% of the BGs I do, my team has the top 2-3 healing spots, and the opposing team has the top 3-5 DPS spots. And so we lose. Every time. Without fail. Because if you can't kill the opposing team at the appointed time and place, you lose. Can't kill the EFC? Lose. Can't kill the wave that's attacking your tower? Lose. Over and over and over.

So don't tell me healers decide matches. Because that's the opposite of the reality I live out every time I step into a BG, top the healing meters, and lose because the DPS I've been randomly assigned to couldn't find their own asses with two hands and a map.
This is absolute nonsense. Teamwork wins BGs, not healers. I have seen lots of teams with no healers win easily & teams with plenty of healers fail miserably.

10/08/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Gruklaar
QFT
Yeah and chances are the other team had not one, but 3 healers and yet you blame the dps for not killing them. Maybe its because the healers are doing 2-3 times as much heals as the damage your team can put out since they can't coordinate cc without the use of vent.

There were plenty of times when teams with zero heals that knew wth they're doing wins. Speaking from both a healer and a dps PoV.

Think about what you just said. When they aren't cc'd. If you leave them alone, of course nothing on their side is going to die. Why do you think the mediocre ones whine about HHTD so much?

Basically its far easier for groups of healers to just heal than groups of dps to cc AND dps to kill them. Without a premade those healers won't go down. And don't say its a skill issue, its just the fact that these bg's are between RANDOM people the majority of the time who DON'T have communication.

It is a skill issue. I grow tired of being the only one trying to train a healer down, getting peeled off, while the rest of my team is being stupid beating on a dps, then wondering why he isn't dying. And as the icing on cake, they mindlessly break whatever cc I use, pretty much wasting a cd.

You don't have to be in a premade group to coordinate against them. Regularly I call out who I'm blinding and telling the others not to touch it. All it takes is some damn common sense to identify what is going on around you.

And with the absurd amount of CC atm? Tone that down first, then we can talk about nerfs to heals.
Well less CC is just going to make healers even more of a problem..

I don't even bother sheeping in large groups, everyone just sprays around dots/howling blasts and they always break within a second. If any cc needs toning down, its AOE fear since it can handle dots ticking away through and a certain amount of direct attacks it making it far more effective than blind/sheep/repentance, basically anything short of a stun...