Restarts

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next
So the servers run ok.

Its only for tem mins get over it and go have a wank or something.

This.
To fix bugs. Use the time to stretch or something if you've been on a while. Watch a youtube video or two. 15 minutes won't kill ya.
"Rolling" Restarts. Meanwhile every server is down.

From Australia to Brazil every server is down.

That is not a "rolling" restart.

That would be like a rolling blackout taking an entire city, and not just a couple blocks for 10 minutes each.
Could we get a quick explanation on why the servers need to be restart nearly every day? Especially since you find it prudent to "schedule" those restarts in the middle of the day.

Pretty please.

I much prefer it this way, as the situation is when maintenance comes, wow has only been down for 2 hours, giving me a lot more game time, I think Blizzard are becoming a lot more efficient this expansion, I was getting very frustrated with the long 8 hour shutdowns, so quick restarts mean a shorter maintenance time.
The restarts are designed to help the player base stave off malnutrition while leveling in Pandaria.
I'm using my downtime to make a delicious bacon sandwich.

I have a scrambled egg, cheese, and turkey sandwich on a parmesean bagel with fresh pico de gallo.
can they stop fixing bugs for 1 day so i can play just 1 time without the server restarting on me. i only play long enough to cover the rediculous rep grind. go have blizzzard pizza day or something. there is nothing noticeably broken to me that i want to wait 5 minutes for. just let me do my dailies uninterrupted. you had your chance to fix things Tuesday. wait for next week now. you want to fix something go back to something 2 years ago. bwd heroic nef lock out has a gate that shuts on people and they cant get to nef. get on that so i can use the 3 broken lockouts i have and get the ach. i wont mind waiting 5 minutes for that. i dont want to wait while you make a cloth drop rate .003% less.
We're ~2 weeks into a new xpac. I wouldn't expect the restarts to end anytime soon.
New hairstyles.. wtb. @.@
There are many, many glitches in-game currently, especially with battle pets and achievements for anything.

There's a lot more glitches too. Hopefully these glitches aren't as bad as Sunday was when some kids found a loophole and made everybody die for no reason.

It was on the news and everything.

So, sit tight.
Why would they need a restart?

Maybe because they just implemented a new software expansion to every single server and there might possibly be some bugs.

Possibly.
What worries me is when they all go down together, like they just did, and like they have the last couple of times they stayed down for 2 hours.
Could we get a quick explanation on why the servers need to be restart nearly every day? Especially since you find it prudent to "schedule" those restarts in the middle of the day.

Pretty please.

We do restarts for a variety of reasons. In most cases, we are doing it to have the live realms pick up hotfixes that have been applied. We try to schedule these so they have the least possible impact on players, but we have a lot of time zones to account for, so one person's middle of the day is another's early morning or even late night. No matter when we do it, we're going to impact someone. So, we try to minimize the amount of time that impact has and the time of day both.
Why would they need a restart?

Maybe because they just implemented a new software expansion to every single server and there might possibly be some bugs.

Possibly.

Who.

Gives.

An.

Ooking.

Ook?
they need to just do a maintenance of tuesday so we dont get these restarts every other day
Blizzard hacked your webcamz and wants to see you rage for their own amusement.
we'll be lucky if we get a restart that doesnt end up with us waiting for hours cause they failed
10/11/2012 10:13 AMPosted by Passalus
But you have got to admit ... it is cute how he thinks Blizz needs to explain their actions to him.

As a consumer, you should expect Blizzard to explain their actions to them. And as Blizzard, they should explain their actions to us and fear the repercussions of not doing so (which usually is just an unsub and a bad review).

Don't allow yourself to feel loyal to a service. The service should be loyal to you.
I said it before i will say it again. Restarts are needed so that the world you play isnt full of a ton of crap you dont even see, spawns reset trash deleted. corpses poof. etc.

If they did not do this we would have 1998 UO lagg again where it take 15 min to ride on a horse 10 feet...