Can't complete I am the Law and I am the Lash

Quests
Can't seem to actually use the cudgel for this quest. Even when in the right location and in melee range, I get the message "You can't use that yet." I get the same result when attempting to complete the related quest Abuse of Power. Is there a trick to this or is this quest just bugged?
Managed to figure it out - ended up having to deactivate and reactivate the disguise and that seemed to clear the problem up.
Thanks dude! I had the same problem, and I asked around and they didn't say anything.
Thanks for the help, worked like a charm.
How do you deactivate the mask? Im new to WoW, so it might be a odd question to ask.
You just right click the icon by you mini map.
I deactivated the mask, but I can't figure out how to reactivate it. Can you help? Thanks!
It's in your backpack. Transfer the disguise to your action bar and use it like you would any other item. Good luck!
Thank you so much! This bug is still problematic, I'm surprised they have not fixed it in the last 9 months!
So I deactivated the costume, but it wasn't in my bag to reactivate. i went back to get another one (abandoned quest alrdy) and it wouldn't let me. is there a way to get the costume back so i can finally finish this questline?
Im not sure im guessing but go back to the disguise perdon the one that gives u it in the first place or maybe u haven't looked that good try looking again
Can't seem to actually use the cudgel for this quest. Even when in the right location and in melee range, I get the message "You can't use that yet." I get the same result when attempting to complete the related quest Abuse of Power. Is there a trick to this or is this quest just bugged?
I had the same problem with the message "I can't do that yet". Clicking on the troll face in the right hand corner to deactivate it then reactivating the mask from my bag worked!!! Thanks for the advice I was super annoyed!!!
Managed to figure it out - ended up having to deactivate and reactivate the disguise and that seemed to clear the problem up.

This worked! Thanks so much I had logged off then back in and abandoned the dang quest before seeing this! Thanks Much!
They should fix that though
thx i didnt know what to do lol this is so helpful
helped me so much
I had the same problem thank you!
Thanks for help :)