Hiring Best Friends at the Tiller's Farm

General Discussion
Is there any particular reason they can be hired to help out at the farm?

Seems only 2 really serve a purpose: Gina for the vendor and Jogu for the predictions. Both of which are always in town so moving them down to the farm isn't really necessary.

Does having one of the random 10 Best Friends give a bonus to certain crops?
Or do they really do nothing?
For kicks i guess. Vanity, maybe you have a favorite? I'm having jogu on mine when I can.he's awesome :D
Wait you can hire them? How?
Talk to them and ask them to help at your farm.

None of them seem to do much helping though.
I'ma have Ella on mine, she makes me grin.
I have Tina, but all she does is hit on farmer yoon, I think I'll bring old hillpaw over instead.

I wish they would till/water/take care of my plants after I planted them or harvest them and auto replant the same seeds for me but probably asking for too much.
I have Tina, but all she does is hit on farmer yoon, I think I'll bring old hillpaw over instead.

I wish they would till/water/take care of my plants after I planted them or harvest them and auto replant the same seeds for me but probably asking for too much.

What do you expect when you put a cute, young, farmer's daughter in the same area as a successful, virile, handsome, single farmer?
Maybe they have some interesting conversations, I will start having to check each one.
Sho "Might" keep vermin from popping up when sowing or planting. Will see tomorrow.
Sho "Might" keep vermin from popping up when sowing or planting. Will see tomorrow.

any news on this?
http://postmasterinterest.blogspot.com/2013/03/world-of-warcraft-fleshing-out-tillers.html explains each NPCs contribution to farm (last bullet under each name)
For those of you who stumble on this post. Gimmimydolly's link is "suggested" contributions and not actual in game functionality.