DIsgusted

Priest
I've been playing Disc Priest PvP for about 1.5 years now and it's always been fun. NO, I'm not a 2,200 rated PvP'r. I'm just not that good of a player. (Just being honest)
I consider myself an "average" pvp'r. The reason why I keep trying is because I love PvP, despite my lack of success in reaching 2,200.
That being said, a friend of mine and myself went and did a few BG's. (I went as Disc, as usual) and I had to step away from the game to cool off. I am absolutely and completely angered and frustrated with what happened. I was disgusted to find myself (with 49.**%) PvP resilience...and was being taken down in less than 5 seconds. I was hit for 242k in a single hit by a warrior (which I suppose would have been 484k if I was in PvE gear). I have NEVER felt so naked, broken, raped and unfairly balanced in this game.
I am finding myself looking a playing another class so I can actually enjoy myself while playing. This is such ridiculousness. I don't know what to do...I (along with many others) keep complaining about this and nothing is being done. I just don't know what to do.
Please...remember --> I said, and therefore I know, I am not awesome at PvP. I'm really just an average player. Am I just way off base here? I'm just so frustrated because I try and try to say things here and it quite simply feels like it has fallen on deaf ears...or perhaps I am so far off the mark that the devs read my arguments and laugh at my stupidity. Either way...I have never felt like a class/spec was this "broken" before.
Well, we no longer have focused will (20% reduced damage)
Our spells have no synergy, it feels like in order to optimize disc healing experience in pvp you must try to balance both grace and evangelism, which, I doubt in a pvp situation you are allowed to
We are ridiculously squishy I suppose, and some baseline abilities are now glyphs and talents.
We're kind of nerfed into the twisting nether. I am seriously considering holy again.
I spent many hours leveling this toon...only to go into some BG's and find it is not even close to being worth grinding for the gear. I cannot stay alive...period.
I cannot express, without fear of getting banned, how angry I feel about this. When I look back to see the countless threads created about this, dating back to Beta...and yet see more notes this evening, about changes to some class spells and see nothing in response to the high volume of complaints from us...I feel like throwing my hands up.
10/11/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Wofye
balance both grace and evangelism

Did you read my 2v2 guide? One particularly true part is that you just don't atonement heal, ever.

So no, you don't get to balance evangelism.

Op, I <3 you for playing the game for fun. I didn't check your rating but I don't care how low you are, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Unfortunately, disc just isn't fun atm. Having played some of the other healers now, disc utility is basically negligible. If smite damage was doubled we would still not be doing as much damage as holy paladin. Tripled and we might get there (although most of theirs is instant and 40yd while ours is casted 30yd), and we still wouldn't have the wtfbbq burst their execution sentance gives them.

We don't have the CC of the other healers, bar maybe shamans who we ar eon par with, although so much stuff breaks fear we don't really have that either.

I don't even need to look at my blue bar on paladin, resto druids have infinite mana as far as I can see, so we don't have their mana.

We obviously don't have their throughput.

Our defensive CDs are useless.

We simply have no advantages.

And meanwhile our healing rotation is boring as hell in pvp because it hasn't advanced (but rather, has regressed) since WOTLK launched.
10/11/2012 09:21 PMPosted by Cybele
balance both grace and evangelism

Did you read my 2v2 guide? One particularly true part is that you just don't atonement heal, ever.

Op, I <3 you for playing the game for fun. I didn't check your rating but I don't care how low you are, you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Unfortunately, disc just isn't fun atm. Having played some of the other healers now, disc utility is basically negligible. If smite damage was doubled we would still not be doing as much damage as holy paladin. Tripled and we might get there (although most of theirs is instant and 40yd while ours is casted 30yd), and we still wouldn't have the wtfbbq burst their execution sentance gives them.

We don't have the CC of the other healers, bar maybe shamans who we ar eon par with, although so much stuff breaks fear we don't really have that either.

I don't even need to look at my blue bar on paladin, resto druids have infinite mana as far as I can see, so we don't have their mana.

And meanwhile our healing rotation is boring as hell in pvp because it hasn't advanced (but rather, has regressed) since WOTLK launched.

The funny thing...and the problem is that EVANGELISM and ATONEMENT HEAL is now our CORE mechanic. All our new passive abilities lead to -> attack -> atonement heal-> stack evangelism -> reduce mana costs-> archangel buff your heals. If you want to PvP without that...so is much better just respec to holy. Your whole thread about pvp with disc is flawed.

The funny thing...and the problem is that EVANGELISM and ATONEMENT HEAL is now our CORE mechanic. All our new passive abilities lead to -> attack -> atonement heal-> stack evangelism -> reduce mana costs-> archangel buff your heals. If you want to PvP without that...so is much better just respec to holy. Your whole thread about pvp with disc is flawed.

Atonement heals are reduced to about 40% strength by resilience, i.e. 10k heals from smite that could have been 50k flash heals. Please actually learn your class before you try to tell other people how to play it.
Quite funny seeing a 1500 priest try to tell a 2600 priest how to play anyways back on topic.....

Yeah I have to agree this is probably as bad if not worse then Season 5 discipline priest, even with a gladiator title I cant get anyone to actually play 3's with me which is quite depressing.

Our mana is no where near where it needs to be our survivability well all I can say is what survivability? Would be nice to use some of the new glyphs but SW:D inner focus and pain suppression are pretty much required from what I have seen.

Oh well just gotta wait for a buff I guess.
Quite funny seeing a 1500 priest try to tell a 2600 priest how to play anyways back on topic.....

Yeah I have to agree this is probably as bad if not worse then Season 5 discipline priest, even with a gladiator title I cant get anyone to actually play 3's with me which is quite depressing.

Our mana is no where near where it needs to be our survivability well all I can say is what survivability? Would be nice to use some of the new glyphs but SW:D inner focus and pain suppression are pretty much required from what I have seen.

Oh well just gotta wait for a buff I guess.

You should try TR, I do so much damage on hpally, have unbelievable CC and I haven't used divine plea yet since my blue bar somehow rejuvenates itself every time I look away.
I think healing has been OP for a long time... but, not just with healing classes. Seems every spec right now has some kind of healing ability it can pop. I remember playing my disc priest as recently as wotlk and having some exciting duels in goldshire. Most of the time, it didn't really matter the class you were dueling... there was usually a winner. It was a lot of fun.

Since cata... Nobody wants to duel a healer... and healers don't have the DPS anymore to kill anything. It's pointless.

Healing, in general, is too powerful.

I get that.

What I don't get is, compared to the other healing classes, how disc priests have been completely neglected.

Discs don't have the defensive capabilities of the other healing classes... NOR do they have the offensive capabilies of the other classes either. Anyone's Smite hitting for 100k+ yet?

PVP? Disc priest is the worst class in MoP.
I just stopped playing PVE/PVP until it get fixed... Pet Battle is the only place Priests are very viable!!

The worst part is being former glad in several seasons, currently hold 2497 rating s10, 2300 RBG... and being denied to join 1700MMR teams cause i'm a priest...

Only thing we see in trade is : LFM RBG 2200+ NEED HEALS (NO priests pls)....

IF i did got to survive an arena encounter i was oom after 35sec. if I DID manage to... the worst thing is we priests had to be good to counter other healing classes skills vs results. but now we are not just behind in that, we also are being treated as garbage regardless of our achievements.. which is EVEN WORST. cause it counters the whole point of playing WOW for 6 years.

I hope you guys come up with a proper and FAST solution..
Cybele are you retarded? And you Ensifer?

Yeah...you must be retards. What I´m trying to say is EXACTLY that. Atonement heal is not worth for PvP ...BUT it is part of our core mechanic right now. Why are you trying to bash me?

I NEVER said we had to heal with atonement. Or that atonement heal is efficient.

Are u retards?

Yeah...you must be retards. What I´m trying to say is EXACTLY that. Atonement heal is not worth for PvP ...BUT it is part of our core mechanic right now. Why are you trying to bash me?

I NEVER said we had to heal with atonement. Or that atonement heal is efficient.

Are u retards?

Maybe because you said " Your whole thread about pvp with disc is flawed." As if somehow my thread (which wasn't exactly serious in the first place) was flawed because it said not to bother with atonement healing.

If that's not what you meant, maybe look into your own usage of the language before calling other people retarded for 'misunderstanding' you.
It's very depressing right now to be someone who loves disc PvP. I feels your pain OP, amplified by my own.

/hugs
I think healing has been OP for a long time... but, not just with healing classes. Seems every spec right now has some kind of healing ability it can pop. I remember playing my disc priest as recently as wotlk and having some exciting duels in goldshire. Most of the time, it didn't really matter the class you were dueling... there was usually a winner. It was a lot of fun.

Since cata... Nobody wants to duel a healer... and healers don't have the DPS anymore to kill anything. It's pointless.

Healing, in general, is too powerful.

I get that.

What I don't get is, compared to the other healing classes, how disc priests have been completely neglected.

Discs don't have the defensive capabilities of the other healing classes... NOR do they have the offensive capabilies of the other classes either. Anyone's Smite hitting for 100k+ yet?

PVP? Disc priest is the worst class in MoP.

Blizzard wants us to use their shiny new class.
Shadow or bust.

Disc is trash right now. Just about every healer in PvP is better than Priests right now.
So...I guess we just try to find some other class to enjoy while we wait ...and wait for Blizz to "fix" priests?? This is frustrating. We should be able to enjoy the class we want to play, especially since we pay $15/month to play/enjoy the game.

Like I said before --> I acknowledge that I am "the average player" in PvP. I understand there's people out there that macro things and use add-ons that help them perform better than me. I'm probably what you call, the "Average player". That said, I've never felt this frustrated with a class/spec as I do now, with the the disc spec.
10/12/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Ensifer
Would be nice to use some of the new glyphs but SW:D inner focus and pain suppression are pretty much required from what I have seen.

I still don't know why SD:D Is a required Glyph? What's so important about it?

Are u retards?

I think you're bashing yourself enough with your lack of logic. No one else needs to do it.
You made it further than I did, my priest has always been one of my favourites, I started seeing the decline as soon as I hit the 80's. There may have been another high spot had I waited and twinked myself out with MoP armour, but I just didn't see the worth. My priest is now sitting on the shelf until the get looked at.