Priest Hotfixes

Priest
-Void Shift can now only work on other players.
-Cascade now deals 25% more damage or healing.
-Mind Sear now deals 25% more damage.

Happy about the mind sear buff. However, no more psyfiend + void shift macro. -.-
Source? Not saying I don't believe you just curious about where to find.
I haven't got to get MoP yet but I'm glad they fixed void shift. Looked like a really boring way to use a fun skill.
nvm I found :) Wonder if this will push Cascade above Halo? I sure hope so I hate being in dungeons and having that mini panic attack every time I use it >.>
10/13/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Lelliana
nvm I found :) Wonder if this will push Cascade above Halo? I sure hope so I hate being in dungeons and having that mini panic attack every time I use it >.>

For raiding? I doubt it, Halo does damage and heals, where as Cascade only does one or the other. With progression fights, I'm thinking people are gonna want all the extra heals they can get.
Guess it was too much to hope they would continue to let us abuse void shift on shadow fiend...
what good void shift does for shadow now ?
10/13/2012 09:20 AMPosted by Rockos
what good void shift does for shadow now ?

griefing people in bg's

griefing people in org/stormwind

griefing people in raids

griefing people in 5 mans

coming through with a clutch heal to save the day when your healer goes down.
just tested it... it seems like the macro on fiend still works
This makes Cascade even better in 10 than it already was. Sweet!! (Inc nerf immediately after buff, calling it)
10/13/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Selfridge
-Mind Sear now deals 25% more damage.

I think I gave them plenty of data as Disc / Holy for this. They have all these little monsters with 40K or 100K health, and I die trying to mind sear them. It's amazing to see other classes AoE them, but as a healer without a DPS spec, I can't heal through them or kill them fast enough. So hopefully they recognized that it's a bit of a problem. Maybe 4K ticks of it will do a lot better.
10/13/2012 08:18 AMPosted by Lelliana
I sure hope so I hate being in dungeons and having that mini panic attack every time I use it >.>

Is the bounce range different if you are shadow? I've always been too scared to use it while dps in dungeons xD.
Cascade increase will be sweet for holy pve healing.
Halo is shadow is the new starfall fail on trash
I think for cascade over halo.
Halo is long time to cool down.

Halo only seems to be effective at distances. 25 yds is where its at but not happen often in raiding.

I am seeing greater total healing/hps out of cascade than halo. Halo is rude to mana pool so makes it not worth it. Damage and Healing? Okay sure. But if raid wiping because missing halo damage from cascade healer then raid leaders need to take closer look at logs and see if dps are going afk during boss.

Love halo for golden stair grinding.

What scares me about this hotfix is it is a pretty large buff. I mean I want to say thank you but scared. Blizzard like to buff then when OP reverse with a crazy nerf. Blizzard shouldn't need to crit everytime it changes something.
Cascade is already a clear winner in 25man, You will never have enough people at the 25 yard range that you can counteract the extremely heavy max target scaling in 25 man. Cascade only heals 15 targets, but it does the full heal minus distance every time.
If these hotfixes are live (I assume they are), you can still Void Shift your Shadowfiend. I haven't tried doing it on vehicles in BGs, but I assume that's what they wanted to take away (VSing glaives, etc)
Void shift still heals the demos in SOTA
Cascade already was a better option for Shadow in most fights, now it's just the clear winner ♥
10/13/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Romanticide
Cascade already was a better option for Shadow in most fights, now it's just the clear winner ♥

How is cascade an option for shadow at all? They should be able to get more than 25-40k from any other spell they have single target. Maybe for spread out AoE, but with Halo pushing 200k on the furthest targets it should still win.

The only reason I favor Cascade as disc is, like I said,in 25man Halo scales horribly with that many targets (I think maybe because the distant hits are losing the same percentage as the small close ones). Cascade doesn't have the same kind of target cap, so it's doing full healing to all 15 hits, and with the way it chooses it's targets at range, in 25 man it should have a good travel distance most of the time.