Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress]

Hunter
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
--------------------------------------------
d. Shadow Priest – Difficulty – 8/10
--------------------------------------------

Shadow priests are another tough class to take down. They have outrageous DoT damage combined with excellent self-healing. Their weakness is that they can be easily out-bursted by us and put on the defensive.

Kite away from the priest if he starts to come towards you as he likely wants to fear you. Make sure to interrupt Mind blast and Vampiric Touch with Feign Death, Turtle, or line of sight so you can save counter shot for if they try to shift out of shadowform to heal. If you have the steady focus talent you can spam Arcane Shot during dispersion for the buff.

----------------------------------------------------
e. Enhancement Shaman – Difficulty – 6/10
----------------------------------------------------

Melee shaman are not too tough for us to take down, we can fairly easily overcome their gap closers and have enough interrupts to stop their self healing.

The main thing you need to worry about Enhance shaman is keeping them from sticking on you. They do a ton of DPS if they can stay on you. Luckily they are not too difficult to kite. They can root you in place from a distance and close the gap quickly so make sure to keep concussive shot on them and disengage handy for when they get too close. If they have their spirit wolves out they have ridiculous self-healing so just try to survive by using Turtle and Cheetah to kite the wolves until the wolves are gone. Blow your cooldowns often and early to make sure to put them on the defensive. Once they stop to heal just counter shot and finish them off.

------------------------------------------------
f. Elemental Shaman – Difficulty – 6/10
------------------------------------------------

Elemental shaman can do a lot of DPS if left unchecked, luckily we have some interrupts we can use to make their lives miserable.

You should take a cunning pet against an Ele shaman, and the Adaptation talent if you're BM. Their Lava Bursts have a 100% critical strike chance. Roar of Sacrifice negates this, so make sure to have a cunning pet and use this on yourself at the start of the fight. Use Counter shot, Feign death, Turtle, and line of sight to interrupt their lava bursts. This is THE most important thing as this is the main source of their damage.

---------------------------------------------
g. Retribution Paladin – Difficulty 9/10
---------------------------------------------

Make sure you always have a plan for when you get stunned. This is paramount because a good Ret will kill you in 6 seconds. You need to have a trinket or roar of sacrifice ready so you can survive the stun. Make sure to interrupt their heals. Paladins can now cast hand of freedom twice before it goes on cooldown, so it is even more important to tranq shot ret paladins to make sure you can kite them. If you have the steady focus talent you can spam arcane shots during divine shield to benefit from the talent.
----------------------------------
h. Rogue – Difficulty 8/10
----------------------------------

Rogues are pretty tough right now, they’re quick and hard to kite in addition to being able to put out of a ton of DPS. Not to mention “throgues” which are very annoying.

Against Shuriken Toss rogues, (Throgues) do as much dps as possible because the rogue has now become a ranged class and can do a surprising amount of damage from range. Make sure to save your escapes for when they get close, and only use one at a time to maximize your kiting effectiveness. Don’t use Trueshot during evasion. Use flare pro-actively to prevent the vanish from being used instead of trying to reactively get them out of stealth after they vanish. Use roar of sacrifice/turtle when you see Shadow dance, that is their highest DPS cooldown. Don’t give up and keep kiting and you should be able to take these ninjas down easily.

------------------------------------
i. Mage – Difficulty – 8/10
------------------------------------

With as many interrupts hunters have you should be able to stop most if not all of their hard casts. Have a CC break or roar of sacrifice available for Deep freeze and you should be well on your way to a mage snack for your pet. If you have the steady focus talent you can spam arcane shots during ice block to benefit from the talent.

----------------------------------------
j. Feral Druid – Difficulty – 9/10
----------------------------------------

Ferals are still very tanky, very hard to kite, and very bursty. Taking a good feral down will require almost zero mistakes and at least equal gear level from you.

Dwarves have a much easier time being able to stoneskin off all of their bleeds. Kite as best you can, do light dps to them if they go into bear. They are much less of a threat to your health while they are in bear, and you need to save your focus and cooldowns for when they go back into cat to try to burst you down.

-------------------------------------------
k. Balance Druid – Difficulty – 7/10

Balance druids can be a hard fight. Moonkin form gives a lot of armor while still letting them put HoTs on themselves and DoTs on you.

This fight is almost always a pure DPS race. Just keep doing as much dps as possible while interrupting their casts. Use feign death, camouflage, line of sight, and turtle to block offensive spells and counter shot to stop their healing spells.
l. Death Knight – Difficulty – 8/10

Death Knights are extremely tanky, and can do a frightening amount of DPS if left unchecked. Death Knights will teach you how to kite, because if you don’t you’ll die.

DK’s are very hard to kite because of their Death’s Advance talent in the 3rd tier. Other than that, just kite as best you can, disengage if they use Remorseless Winter to get out of range of the incoming stun, and do as much DPS as possible. Don’t use arcane shots if they use anti magic shell, they’ll be immune to the damage.

---------------------------------------
m. Hunter – Difficulty 5/10
---------------------------------------

The mirror match depends 60% on gear, 20% on who gets the jump on who, and 20% skill. I’ll try to help you with the skill part.

Make sure to use Roar of sacrifice at the start of the fight. Most hunters forget about this crucial ability and it will definitely give you the edge in a mirror match. Now you need to concentrate on doing as much DPS as possible while trying to CC their pet. Try to bait out their stampede so you can deterrence without wasting seconds of your Trueshot, then Trueshot when Turtle is over. You can also wyvern sting it or conc shot it while strafing away and hitting the hunter. Odds are, if you’re doing everything you can think of against another hunter and he’s still beating you, he probably just out-gears you.

-------------------------------
n. Monk – Difficulty 7/10
-------------------------------

Monks require a lot of skill to be able to gap close effectively, because their gap closers are not targeted. Don’t dps them during Touch of Karma and kite them well and you should be able to kill most WW monks you come across.

Monks are very mobile, able to quickly move around the battlefield. They do a lot of damage in melee, but it can be difficult for them to stick onto a hunter. Use all your available kiting tools and burst them down ASAP. Kite them and wait out Touch of Karma if they use it on you. It absorbs all damage they take and redirects it to you, so make sure you notice that debuff. Trinket leg sweep or paralysis. If ring of peace is casted on you just turtle until it expires.
-----------------------------------
XV. Qualk's Story
-----------------------------------

Prologue: An Unexpected Sound

I’m not nearly drunk enough for this Denne thought as he trudged through the swampy grass of Loch Modan. The last ale that touched his lips was near four hours ago, the effects long since worn off. He bent down to study a track imprinted in the mud. This is fresh he thought, his mood suddenly brightened. The boars that lived in the Loch were the biggest creatures other than the dwarves themselves, and didn’t much care to hide their presence. A raindrop soaked into his red beard as he turned his gaze westward. The setting sun slipped through the cracks in the rainclouds, bathing the hills in an orange light. It would be dark soon, and this rain wouldn’t help much either. He hoisted his crossbow over his shoulder and set off quickly after the tracks. He had always insisted on the crossbow - a fact that had made him the butt of quite a few jokes in the taverns of Thelsamar. He preferred the twang to the bang – as he liked to say – it was lighter, easier to maintain and clean, and most importantly, deadly accurate from long range, at least compared to the standard issue shotguns the mountaineers were given. He paused at the top of a hill to duck behind a tree as he heard the unmistakable snort of a fully grown stonetusk.

His eyes lit up at the prospect of a kill so impressive. He silently nocked his crossbow and wound it back. His hand habitually went to his side to make sure his hatchet was ready. Always have a backup plan he thought as his eyes scanned the trees and brush through the rain. There! Not fifty yards off, nosing around in the mud was one of the biggest stonetusks he had ever seen. He chuckled silently to himself as he raised his crossbow and shut one eye. This is almost too easy. But just as his trigger finger was tightening, the boar suddenly squealed and bounded off out of sight. “By Magni’s Beard!” he swore under his breath. I knew this was too easy. But then a sound drifted along to him on the wind – a most unexpected sound. It was a wail, not like a banshee’s; it was smaller and more desperate. Immediately forgetting his failed kill, Denne set off towards the source of the sound.

The constant wailing led him to a dwarven outpost at the base of the mountains. Built to withstand a siege a dwarven bunker was carved out of stone and resembled a large tortoise shell. That must be it. A white object sitting at the entrance looked immediately out of place. He began to run as the source of the sound became louder. He bent down to inspect the bundle as he slung his crossbow over his shoulder. The crying stopped as he picked up a note lying on top of the cloth. Qualk was the only word scrawled on the parchment. “Qualk, eh?” He said out loud as two tiny eyes stared up at him under a few wisps of blonde hair. Looking up and scanning the surrounding countryside he scratched his beard, hoping to catch a glimpse of whoever left him here. He could barely make anything out through what was now a full-blown rainstorm in the gathering dusk. The crying resumed even louder than before. “There there, laddie” Denne said as he refocused his attention on the baby human, “I’ll take care of ye now, don’t ye worry.” Denne picked up the bundle as he wondered what kind of parent would leave their child out here in the middle of a storm. The wailing stopped as he felt a tug on his beard, “Haha, well ain’t you a feisty one!” They must not have known this outpost had been abandoned almost a year now. Not enough manpower with everyone being called away to the wetlands to deal with the orcs. Deciding that it was fate that led him to this little bundle tonight, Denne vowed to raise it as his own son and set off through the darkness with child in one hand and axe in the other.
Chapter 1

He was easy to pick out, even without his bright red hair, the crossbow poking up next to his head was a dead giveaway amidst the endless rows of rifles. Qualk scanned the ranks of dwarves trying to count them. A gruff yell abruptly interrupted his counting which could only be Thurgrin, the battalion’s commander. “Move out, ye lazy sons of boars!!!” The profanity of the commander was nearly matched by the sheer volume at which he was able to project his voice. At once, some 300 dwarven mountaineers began to march north along the path out of Thelsamar. Qualk’s heart swelled with a mixture of pride and fear. His stepfather, Denne, was the only dwarf in history to qualify as a mountaineer with a crossbow. Mountaineers would frequently disembark on scouting or hunting trips, but these dwarves were not going scouting or hunting, they were going to war.

Every day word reached Thelsamar of the atrocities the Dragonmaw orcs committed, this farm burned to the ground, that family slaughtered. The wetlands to the north were no place to live anymore unless you were lucky enough to live behind the stone walls of Menethil Harbor. Finally, Thurgrin had gotten the attention of Ironforge and Magni Bronzebeard had given the order to assemble the mountaineers and assault the Dragonmaw orcs in the heart of the wetlands. The price of freedom and safety was always steep in Azeroth, many of these dwarves would never see home again, and Qualk feared that his father would be one of those dwarves.

“Have ye ever seen anythin’ like it?” A familiar voice asked from behind him. Startled, Qualk turned to address his best friend Muuri. “Sometimes I regret teaching ye how to step lightly,” Qualk joked. Muuri’s entire body shook as he chuckled, “But then I never would have taught ye how to drink like a proper dwarf!” Qualk smiled as he embraced his friend, one of the few he had here in Thelsamar. Growing up as a human in a dwarven town had not been easy. Qualk quickly learned that dwarven children were not sincere when “complementing” his height or smooth face. Muuri had been the only one who came to his aid, they had fought back to back in many an outnumbered schoolyard brawl. Qualk never understood why until one day he saw Muuri getting teased about his orange beared. Most of the dwarven children had black beards and a hatred of anything different or special. Since then he had nothing but respect and admiration for his friend. “They’re saying it’s the biggest battalion of the Mountaineers that’s ever left from Thelsamar,” Muuri said as he looked down from the hill. “And my dad’s part of it.” Qualk said in a tone that wiped the smile off of Muuri’s face. Muuri reached up to put his hand on Qualk’s shoulder, “hey, yer dad is the best mountaineer t’ever walk the Loch, if anyone’s gonna make it back, it’ll be yer dad,” “I can’t take that chance, Muuri, I’ve never belonged here, you know that, and my real family abandoned me. He’s all I have in this world.” “And that’s why you’re gonna follow him” Muuri finished his sentence for him. Qualk’s eyes narrowed as he suspected a long list of objections to come spilling out of Muuri’s mouth. “Well, I knew there’d be no convincing you to stay, yer just as stubborn as yer father, so the only thing left would be a swift bonk on the head!” Muuri went in to a fighting pose in the blink of an eye and then just as quickly dropped out of it and gave Qualk a wink, “But I’m not sure that that would work either! Yer head’s as hard as a rock!” Muuri broke into another full-bellied chuckle. Qualk smiled and turned to look at the dwindling line of Mountaineers. The morning dew all but evaporated in the morning sun. “Thank you, Muuri. I can’t tell ye what a great friend ye've been. Make sure to take care of-“ Muuri abruptly cut him off, “Oi! Shut yer trap! I’m comin’ with ye!” Before Qualk had a chance to object, Muuri was halfway down the hill. Stunned, he watched the nimble dwarf make his way quickly onto the path. Muuri stopped and looked back, “Well, are ye comin’ or not!?!” Qualk smiled as he called back, “I’m just givin’ ye a head start because of those short stubbly legs!” Laughter masking their fear, the two friends set off after the Mountaineers with no idea what the future held for them.
Chapter 2

Qualk shivered under his leather cloak. He watched glumly as Muuri squeezed the rain out of his beard, “Ye don’t think about the rain when ye’ve got a nice roof over yer ‘ead and a warm fire in the hearth” Muuri offered as he slumped down next to him. Qualk grunted a response. It was true it rained most nights in the loch, but most nights were spent indoors. Ever the optimist, Muuri continued, “At least it’ll be easy to catch up to the Mountaineers, this damned rain is bound to slow ‘em down more ‘n us.” Qualk grunted again. “What’s the matter, Lad? Ye’ve barely said a word to me since we left.” Qualk shifted his weight, “Sorry Muuri, I just hope we’re not too late. I’ve had a bad feeling ever since we left.” Muuri stared off into the darkness, “I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if anyone’s gonna survive this, it’ll be your dad.” “I hope you’re right.”

After what seemed like an eternity morning came in the form of a pale grey light reaching through the clouds. Rain and worry had kept Qualk up all night. He lightly nudged Muuri with the butt of his hatchet. Muuri’s hand tightened on his staff before his eyes opened. He had always been a light sleeper. Thankfully the rain had died down to a light drizzle which made their trek slightly more bearable. As they began their journey a dense fog formed around them. They walked in silence for a few hours, keeping in sight of the road but walking through the brush nearby. The mountains to the north that separated the Wetlands from Loch Modan began to appear through the fog. They were looking for a tunnel carved into the mountain years ago by the dwarves. It snaked through the rock into the Wetlands to the Dwarven outpost, Dun Algaz. Dun Algaz was the base of operations for the assault on the Dragonmaw orcs, Qualk knew from overhearing Denne in the days before the Mountaineers were dispatched. It was there that Qualk and Muuri planned to join up with the Mountaineers and offer what help they could to the troops. Or at the very least make sure that my dad’s alright, Qualk thought.

It was well past midday when the two friends topped a hill near the foot of the northern mountain range. “There it is!” Qualk exclaimed hoarsely, it was the first word he had spoken in hours. Muuri peered in the direction Qualk was pointing. At the base of the mountain the road led directly into a rectangular shaped tunnel entrance. The border was intricately carved with dwarven runes but was otherwise unadorned. “Wait, something’s wrong,” Qualk’s sharp eyes picked out a dwarf sitting on the ground leaning up against the cave entrance. Qualk’s heart beat faster and faster as he ran closer to the tunnel. He could see that this was a Mountaineer by the standard issue green hood. Why was this Mountaineer lagging behind, was he a deserter? His black beard told him that this dwarf was not his father, but perhaps he knew if the main party had made it to Dun Algaz yet. “Hail, friend!” He called as he came within shouting range. The dwarf didn’t respond, in fact, he didn’t even move. He finally reached the lone dwarf, heart pounding. He bent down to inspect the Mountaineer and his heart stopped. There was blood covering the dwarf’s chest. He’s dead. Fear gripped his soul as he stood up and began running through the tunnel faster than he’d ever run in his entire life. “QUALK, WAIT!” Muuri yelled from behind him, but he barely heard him. The only thing on Qualk’s mind was his father.

Qualk sped through the tunnel with Muuri close behind. The tunnel was dimly lit from braziers lined along each wall, but most were knocked over or extinguished. Everywhere there were signs of a battle. Blood smeared the walls and floor of the tunnel, the stench of death nearly overpowered the pair of friends as they raced along under the mountain. Muuri caught up to Qualk as he bent down to examine another dwarven corpse. A quick look at his brown beard told Qualk that this was not his father. He felt relieved, but only for a moment as his eyes adjusted to the dim light in the tunnel and he looked up to see more corpses stretching down the length of the dimly lit path. This was a massacre. For every three dwarf bodies they checked, there was one orc corpse. Qualk and Muuri examined each body as they moved down the tunnel. Muuri started lagging behind as he took the time to say a prayer in dwarvish and close the eyes of each of his kin while Qualk continued frantically searching for his father. There would be time for funerals later; my father could still be alive! He thought angrily. After finding another black bearded dwarf his heart sank as he picked out a red haired dwarf lying face down a few yards away. He ran over to the body and held his breath as he turned him over to see his face. It’s not him. He sighed. So much death, these orcs will pay if it’s the last thing I do. His eyes narrowed and his jaw tightened as he renewed his search with haste. Several more agonizing minutes passed as they slowly advanced down the tunnel. Suddenly he heard sounds of fighting coming from further down. Qualk sprinted towards the sounds immediately. Muuri knew there was no stopping him so instead of yelling after him he began to follow him as quickly as he could. They burst forth from the tunnel and shaded their eyes as the bright midday sun blinded them.

They were standing on a narrow mountain path, to the left another mountain rose up sharply and to the right a cliff dropped off suddenly, revealing miles of marshlands hundreds of feet below. As their eyes adjusted they could see a dwarf and an orc locked in melee combat a bow’s shot down the path. The dwarf was wielding an axe in one hand and a small round shield in the other. The orc, however, was wielding the biggest greatsword that Qualk had ever seen and was advancing with unbridled ferocity towards the dwarf. The dwarf nimbly dodged around the gargantuan sword but in the blink of an eye the orc brought the sword around at an unexpected angle and the dwarf was forced to block. The dwarf fell to the ground as splinters from the buckler flew everywhere. Wait, that dwarf has red hair, that must be dad! As this sudden realization hit, his foot touched something. He looked down, it was his father’s crossbow and suddenly he knew what had to be done. His world shrunk down to only two things – arrow and target. He felt a peculiar sense of calm as he closed one eye and brought the crossbow to his shoulder. The world slowed down as the orc advanced on Denne, laughing, completely unaware of the fatal bolt aimed at him. The orc lifted up his sword for the killing blow and then suddenly his eyes widened and he staggered backwards as an arrow sprouted from his chest. Denne turned and saw his son holding his crossbow and a mixture of pride and fear swelled up inside of him, “QUALK, RUN!” The orc let out a bloodcurdling roar as he ripped the arrow out and plunged his sword deep into Denne’s chest. “NO, DAD!” The orc removed his sword and started running away, one hand pressed to his wound. As he ran he gave one last look back and his face was forever burned into Qualk’s memory. He had pale grey skin with a red eyepatch over one eye and scars decorating his entire body. Muuri flew past Qualk, staff raised in a fighting pose, “I’ll catch him! Go see to your dad!” Terror-stricken, Qualk ran to his father’s side. “Qualk…I’m so happy…I could see you…again” Denne managed in between coughs of blood. Tears began welling up in Qualk’s eyes, “No, don’t talk like that! You’ll make it, I’ll get you home and-“ “No, it’s over…I want you…to have this” Denne winced and fought through another round of coughing as he reached into his pouch and procured a small medallion. Tears now streaming down Qualk’s face, he could barely make out what it was. “This…was with you…when I found you…I think it was…your real father’s” “No! You’re my real dad, you always will be!” Qualk sobbed. Denne smiled, “That makes me…so happy…go…use this…to find your real parents…I love you son” Qualk sobbed uncontrollably as he watched the life slip away from his father, the dwarf who took him in and raised him as his own. He had no idea how long he sat there, he cried until there weren’t any tears left. At some point Muuri came back and sat next to him. The shadows were long when he finally managed to utter “I love you too, dad” and asked Muuri to help him with the body.

The sunset bathed the mountain in a warm golden light as he marked the grave with one of the splinters of wood from the shattered shield. They chose a spot away from the battle, overlooking the mountain path below and the marshlands further below that. “This is where he’d want to be buried, forever guarding these mountain passes he patrolled for so many years” Muuri said as he went to stand next to Qualk. Qualk simply stood there, watching the sun dip lower and lower towards the horizon. As the final rays disappeared Qualk turned and began walking down the path, suddenly filled with a complete sense of purpose he had never felt before. “I Knew that orc,” Muuri said as he followed, “Karkrog the Exterminator, he’s called. Toughest orc I’ve ever had the misfortune to encounter. I chased him down the mountain but I lost him somewhere between here and Dun Algaz. I’m sorry, Qualk, but I don’t think your arrow killed him.” Qualk bent down, picked up his father’s crossbow and slung it over his back. “I’m going to find that orc, and I’m going to kill him.” He said with iron-clad confidence. He took out his father’s medallion and examined it for the first time. It was about the size of the palm of his hand, made out of bronze and designed to look like the alliance lion insignia. On the back was etched 775. “Are ye gonna come with me?” Qualk turned to address his friend. “I’m with ye, no matter what!” Muuri said without hesitation. The two friends began walking down the mountain pass with heavy hearts and a renewed sense of purpose.
Chapter 3

“The League of Arathor will help us,” Muuri had to try hard to sound reassuring. “I never should have let you convince me to get help,” Qualk muttered as they trudged along the dirt road. It had been seven days since Qualk had witnessed his stepfather, Denne, brutally murdered at the hand of Karkrog the Exterminator. He had gone from grief to intense rage, and was now just depressed and resigned to the fact that his revenge would have to wait. “Aye, and let ye kill yerself, definitely the better plan,” Muuri responded without looking back. “Did ye even SEE how many of them there were!? I’d say at least 50, and all armed t’the damned tusks!” “I know, I just –“ his sentence trailed off as he clenched his fists and felt the anger boiling up inside of him again. Muuri turned around, “Yer dad wouldn’tae wanted ye runnin’ off to certain death in the name of revenge,” Qualk felt Muuri’s hand on his shoulder and began to calm down.

A few more miles passed in silence as they continued north along the dirt road. They had already crossed the massive stone bridge that separated the Wetlands from the Arathi Highlands. The low rolling hills of the Highlands stretched out before them, bathed in the pale orange glow of the sunset. They were just cresting a hill when they heard it. “Qualk, do ye hear that?” Qualk listened for a moment before responding, “Yeah, it sounds like someone’s in trouble,” Muuri’s expression instantly hardened, “I’m goin’ t’check it out.” At once he assumed a fighting pose as his body seemed to melt away from itself. His spirit raced down the hill and out of sight as his body became a frozen lifeless husk. He sometimes did this when scouting or tracking something dangerous but it still filled Qualk with a sense of sadness that was hard to explain. Qualk stayed behind to guard his body, after a few minutes Muuri’s body sprang to life as he merged his spirit back into it. “Someone needs our ‘elp, c’mon!” The two friends raced towards the source of the sound until they saw it. At the bottom of the hill was one of the biggest spiders Qualk had ever seen and nearby a cowering human female. She was screaming as the spider advanced on her, its hairy green legs prepared to strike when suddenly a crossbow bolt pierced its hide, halting its advance and releasing a poisonous gas into the air. Not even a second later, Muuri’s foot slammed into its abdomen, sealing its fate. The girl began coughing as it was clear she was exposed to the poison. Muuri quickly led her back up the hill where Qualk was waiting. Muuri’s hands turned jade green as he touched her on the shoulder, instantly expelling the poison. “Oh, thank you! That…thing almost had me.” Now seeing her up close, Qualk realized how beautiful she was. Even wrapped in a plain brown cloak, her perfect oval face and brown eyes would have been enough to cause a bar fight on their own. Black hair hung down in loose curls to her shoulders, perfectly framing her visage. Qualk felt his face reddening as he heard Muuri say, “Oh, twas nothin’ marm, we always look to help someone from the Alliance when we can.” “Well, I’m so glad you two gentlemen were there to save me. I’d love to thank you properly, Mr…?” She paused, clearly asking their names. Muuri bowed politely, “My name’s Muuri, marm.” A few awkward seconds passed until Qualk felt an elbow in his ribs before hurredly adding, “Qualk! My name’s Qualk,” When she smiled, the air around them seemed to get warmer, “You can call me Nailah. You two look like you’ve come a long way today, follow me, my camp is just over this hill.” As they approached Nailah’s camp Qualk noticed a bundle of sticks arranged near the mouth of the cave for a fire. A fishing rod leaned up against the outside of the cave accompanied by a few small satchels that seemed to hold herbs native to the region. “You must be hungry, please make yourselves at home while I cook some fish I caught this morning,” Qualk could hear Muuri’s stomach gurgling as he responded gratefully, “Oh thank ye kindly! We’ve been travellin’ all day.”

Muuri quickly consumed the fish as he regaled Nailah with the story of their journey so far. Qualk had to force himself multiple times to stop staring at her. His appetite seeming to disappear he didn’t touch the fish. Once Muuri was done with his fish and his story he promptly lay down and began to snore loudly. “Well, I guess I’m first watch tonight,” Qualk said pointedly, slightly annoyed at his friend’s sudden fatigue. The campfire was now the only light source for miles, the sun long since dipping below the horizon. The reflection of the flames danced in Nailah’s eyes as she turned to look at Qualk. “Will you stay with me tomorrow? I could use two strong bodyguards, and I can pay when we reach my home.” She smiled hopefully. Qualk hesitated before responding, “I’m sorry, but we need to reach Refuge Pointe as soon as-“She cut him off, “But isn’t there anything…” Her voice slowed as she let her cloak fall from her shoulders, revealing her perfect bosom, “…that you want here?” Qualk’s heart began to race as he quickly forced himself to look away, “N-no, I –“ She grabbed his hand, “Come here, I want to show you something,” The look in her eyes killed whatever protest was left as he followed her into the cave. As his eyes adjusted to the blackness she turned to face him. “I just wanted to properly thank you for saving my life,” She put his hands on her hips as she leaned in closer, “I couldn’t help but notice you staring at me.” Now convinced she could hear his heart pounding he felt her hands comb through his hair. Still completely blind he felt her chest pressing against his as she leaned in even closer. Her lips barely touched his ear as she whispered, “This was almost too easy.” The campfire light glinted off of the knife edge as pain flooded in through the back of his skull and his world went black.
Dude this is amazing. Answers so many questions that a lot of Hunters have been asking for weeks. Thank you for taking your time to do this, it's much appreciated.
Sticky requested.
Fan-frickin-tastic!

Thank you so much for posting this - i'm leveling a hunter as an alt (/ possible reroll. shhh don't tell the other druids <_< >_>).

Requested sticky!

Just a few things: I think you're over valuing crit to much. Mastery should still be ahead (People on AJ are saying have your mastery 10% higher than crit).

For the T1 talents you're undervaluing Narrow Escape. It's physical which means it cannot be dispelled (With the exception of affects like freedom). You can trap off it. Force melee to use "outs" (thinks like stampeding roar, freedom ect.) Though It does come down to personal preference. I'm just finding there are A LOT of warrior comps right now.

They guttered Stamp + Spirit Mend. It's much more attractive to build a stamp around offensive buffs now.

Otherwise perfect. =) Thanks again!
Major props for taking the time to keep this up to date.
Just a few things: I think you're over valuing crit to much. Mastery should still be ahead (People on AJ are saying have your mastery 10% higher than crit).

For the T1 talents you're undervaluing Narrow Escape. It's physical which means it cannot be dispelled (With the exception of affects like freedom). You can trap off it. Force melee to use "outs" (thinks like stampeding roar, freedom ect.) Though It does come down to personal preference. I'm just finding there are A LOT of warrior comps right now.

They guttered Stamp + Spirit Mend. It's much more attractive to build a stamp around offensive buffs now.

Otherwise perfect. =) Thanks again!

Good points, thanks for your feedback!

Yeah I am fairly new to BM, and I just prefer crit myself so I will put a note in that section.

I wasn't aware that narrow escape was physical, I thought all the healers I was playing against were just bad lol. Yeah warriors are really good right now. Honestly you can't really go wrong with any pick in the 1st tier, I just love posthaste so much X_x

Good point about stampede as well, I'll update that section. I do still like the big spirit beast healx5 even if it's not quite as good as it was :D
I'm just starting to pvp again. Thanks for this.
I haven't really gotten a chance to read yet, but requested a sticky for ya.
All of these people blindly requesting a sticky without reading first kind of irk me.

What if it turns out being a bad guide and gets stickied? That wouldn't help anyone.
All of these people blindly requesting a sticky without reading first kind of irk me.

What if it turns out being a bad guide and gets stickied? That wouldn't help anyone.
That's not to say I haven't skimmed through it a bit. Let's be honest, the WoW forums are not where you go if you're looking for the top notch, best of the line guides to tell you how to perform to the best of your ability. The guides here typically give you a rough idea of how to gear/gem properly, along with useful tips (which he does have, and he's stated he's willing to make changes if needed).

When someone puts so much effort into a guide, and it's clearly well written, it's typically a good idea to try to sticky it if there's no other current resource for that topic here on these forums. A general idea of how to play properly is still better than no idea.

Besides that, blizz takes people like Frostheim seriously.
10/16/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Eponine
He wrote the guide for cata and it was very good, I have faith that this one is up to par as well. If it were some random guy I'd never heard of, I wouldn't blindly request sticky.
This as well, he's known on these forums and his previous guide was very respectable.
Awww you guys make me feel so warm and mushy inside! ^_______^
must say this is just what i was looking for, greatly helpful. thanks so much for your effort Qualk!