Hunter PvP Guide [Legion Updates in Progress]

Hunter
Prev 1 6 7 8 15 Next
Excellent guide! I can see that a lot effort was put into this!
Excellent guide! I can see that a lot effort was put into this!

Thank you very much!
Updated for 5.2 changes.
Excellent write up! Thanks man

Not gonna lie ive always been a clicker on my hunter but im gonna give your key bindings a shot.
Not gonna lie ive always been a clicker on my hunter but im gonna give your key bindings a shot.

Don't copy ALL of them, some of them are pretty bad but I just have to stick with them because it's been that way for me for 8 years. Example: Don't bind mount to Z, it's a great bind for a more frequently used abillity. Just click to mount IMO.
@Kayi

I PVP a lot, so heres my 2 cents.

Go BM for PVP and get yourself a spirit beast for a pet. Great combination imo (they can heal you and they have a free rez if they die).

I am always top 5-10 in damage dealt in PVP. Gear plays a big role as well, try to farm out the honor to get your full Malv set.
Could you tell me, which talent is better for pvp ( battleground and arena ), It seem that they are all good, How decide which one to pick?

In my opinion the best ones are...

Posthaste
Silencing Shot
Iron Hawk
Thrill of the Hunt
Blink Strike
Powershot

It varies depending on your playstyle and situation so there's no right answer all the time.
I just realized your server Qualk, my alt's there.
I just realized your server Qualk, my alt's there.

Oh, nifty :D Horde or alliance?
Ally, Worgen but the more I think on it the more I might reroll male NE.

Nice, message me if you want to do some 2's or group for the pvp dailies or w/e
03/12/2013 05:58 PMPosted by Qualk

Nice, message me if you want to do some 2's or group for the pvp dailies or w/e
He's 16, that'll be a while. I rolled him late last week to see what a RP Server was like.
He's 16, that'll be a while. I rolled him late last week to see what a RP Server was like.

oh haha, well the RP is pretty good. I dont do much of it personally but I hear WRA is the best RP realm.
03/12/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Qualk

oh haha, well the RP is pretty good. I dont do much of it personally but I hear WRA is the best RP realm.
I'm there to learn when it's off night for my main.
How do you rank the Glyph of Aimed shot for a MM hunter? Right now I have camouflage, liberation and Explosive trap. I don't do arenas yet, just BGs so I have camou so I can hide at bases and defend, and explosive trap so I can knock people off of the flag in AB and such.

Do you usually just change glyphs while waiting for the BG to start (can you?) or do you usually keep the same 3 depending on if you're doing arenas/bgs?
Ah good point, I knew I was forgetting to update something. I just added a few sections to the Major glyphs part to reflect the 5.2 changes.

Glyph of Aimed Shot - 8/10 for Marks - A pretty good marks glyph, this makes your dps VERY mobile as you're going to want to be focus dumping with aimed shot during haste effects like rapid fire and heroism. It also makes your opener better if you're opening without powershot. Useless for Surv and BM.

Glyph of Liberation - 6/10 - A good glyph option added in 5.2. This heals you when you disengage. Better if used in combination with the Crouching tiger, hidden chimera talent.
I very rarely change glyphs before a BG, unless the other team happens to have zero casters (hardly ever) I'd switch silencing shot out for WS or binding shot.

The thing I love about MoP is you know who you're facing before the arena match starts now. You are also able to swap out talents and glyphs before the match starts. So if we're facing 2 casters I'll likely swap to mirrored blades. Or if we're up against 2 rogues I'll swap to Wyvern Sting. I will usually keep glyph of camo on unless I'm 2v2ing with a rogue because then we can use shroud of concealment to open. Also, glyph of explosive trap is not that great on maps with no Z axis like Nagrand or Tol'vir, so I may switch that one out if I'm on a map like that.

The most important thing is to have all the glyphs available to you, and a healthy pile of Tomes of the clear mind on you to switch your talents and glyphs, and to experiment and find out what works best for YOU personally.

Another interesting note is that if you swap glyphs or talents before an arena match, they will reset after the match is over (also they won't use up a tome of the clear mind.)
I'm confused about reforging. Do I want crit or mastery for BM? I keep seeing that both stats are good now for 5.2 but I'm not getting any definite answers. On pieces of gear that has crit hit for example, do I reforge the crit to mastery? Do I just deck out in mastery?
WRA doesn't have much going for it in the way of pvp. My warrior friend there gave up and transferred.