Cloud Serpent rep

General Discussion
1 2 3 6 Next
Ok I am getting quite aggravated with all of these dailies. I am working 2 level 90s including doing them on a resto druid that is my main. Both are ilevel 470. I was excited to get to exalted with the cloud serpent today only to find out that in order to use the mounts I have to gain the rep on other toons to ride them. Therefore I am not going to spend 2100g each for the other 2 mounts I'll just get them on alts for free. Afterall you made them account wide. I think it's stupid that you have to farm this rep over and over and over again just to use them. Why not have their be a charge per toon to ride them or something at the fp. The fact you made them account wide was just a teaser and to make people like me angry. I already have to level my mage for enchants, tailoring patterns, fishing dailies, archaelogy and cooking which I have all the stuff maxed already except for a couple profs. Nobody should have to do dailies this much. I for one am getting sick of it already. I can't see how I am going to even make it through the expansion with this mess. This is a full time job. I don't even have time for heroics. Thank blizz...thanks a lot
Are you required to do these dailies? No.... You aren't.

If you don't feel like grinding rep... Simply don't do them. Don't come on the forums crying and begging for free rewards.
It's not free when you sit there and grind them all the time. I'm a raider and as a raider everyone should do these dailies. Every other mount rep you can use on other toons. Why not this one as well? The point is there are too many dailies and it's going to wear people out. Give us a break with at least one...the cloud serpent...after all that's supposed to be the fun one.
moooooooooooo
Gana have to agree, if you are trying to dailies on two characters, thats your problem. I wont even consider starting doing dalies on an alt till im exalted with everyone on my main.
10/16/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Epicdots
. I already have to level my mage for enchants, tailoring patterns, fishing dailies, archaelogy and cooking which I have all the stuff maxed already except for a couple profs.

Why to people feel like they have to be their own self contained profession factory?
Simply don't do them if you aren't up to the task. Problem fixed
Yeah, they're a bit tedious, but honestly it isn't that bad. And not all your toons gotta ride cloud serpents. Lots of great mounts in the game. If you don't want to grind them again, don't. But it didn't really take that much time to get to exalted. Especially once it slows down a bit and people start raiding and whatnot. It'll be easier to farm onyx eggs.

If you don't feel like grinding rep... Simply don't do them. Don't come on the forums crying and begging for free rewards.

Straw man argument. Nobody, NOBODY is asking for "free" rewards. Dailies are just a huge pain cause if you have all night to play, it doesn't matter, you can't do any more once the regulation amount of fun has been reached. Reps need to be more flexible with multiple, viable ways to gain them. Not BS gated content.
10/16/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Bossringo
Simply don't do them if you aren't up to the task. Problem fixed

Gotta agree with this. If you don't like it, don't do it. It's not like you absolutely HAVE to do everything possible within a few weeks of the release. Just because they're called dailies doesn't mean that you have to do them every single day.
How many other mount reps are there? There was the netherwing mount rep, the Sha'tari Skyguard mount rep, the frostsaber mount rep. They were nice enough to not create a retroactive change on all mount reps. Stop complaining about ONE mount rep requiring you to be exalted.

10/16/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Epicdots
It's not free when you sit there and grind them all the time. I'm a raider and as a raider everyone should do these dailies.

Actually, it is free. Did you get a free mount when you ground cenarion expedition rep to exalted. NO, you had to still pay money for the hippoygryph. Did you get a free mount when you got Lorewalkers to exalted. No, you had to pay for that. Did you get a free mount if or when you got Mag'har rep to exalted. Once again, the answer is no. You had to pay for it. So, yes, it is free. Saying you have to get the rep doing the dailys does not make it not free. It is the FIRST mount rep where you got a mount without having to pay for it since the Netherwing rep

10/16/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Epicdots
Give us a break with at least one...the cloud serpent...after all that's supposed to be the fun one.

You are right, it is supposed to be the fun one. It has no gear it gives you, simply the mounts. You can do it at your leisure. It is not like the other reputation grinds. You can do it at your own pace. Also, honestly, the Cloud Serpent daily quests are generally just about the quickest dailys you can find in the game.
You do understand you can collect eggs and turn those in for rep as well ?? Again... This is a choice.

The reward is a mount..... If you want the mount.. Put in the time to reap the reward
10/16/2012 01:25 PMPosted by Hasselhoof
. I already have to level my mage for enchants, tailoring patterns, fishing dailies, archaelogy and cooking which I have all the stuff maxed already except for a couple profs.

Why to people feel like they have to be their own self contained profession factory?

Maybe they're in a small guild and others rely on them (recruit more is not really a valid answer for some guild and their culture)? Maybe they have those professions and are completionists?

Straw man argument. Nobody, NOBODY is asking for "free" rewards. Dailies are just a huge pain cause if you have all night to play, it doesn't matter, you can't do any more once the regulation amount of fun has been reached. Reps need to be more flexible with multiple, viable ways to gain them. Not BS gated content.

Did you even READ this thread at ALL. What does Cloud serpent rep have anything to do with "BS gated content". The rep is not gated....you simply have to be level 90. Who is using a straw man argument now.....

Save your gated content argument for discussions on Shado Pan and/or August Celestials. THOSE are the places where your argument MAY be relevant.
You do understand you can collect eggs and turn those in for rep as well ?? Again... This is a choice.

The reward is a mount..... If you want the mount.. Put in the time to reap the reward

On some servers, the eggs are near impossible to obtain since there are people camping the spawns.

There's also the JC patterns for the mounts that require rep...
Fact is I'm a raider on two toons that's what was asked of me and that's what I delivered. I threw in the Cloud serpent because I knew it would be fun. However it's not so fun when your mounts are account wide and you can't use them. When I said it isn't free I meant in time not gold. I even suggested maybe us spending gold once exalted on 1 toon for other level 90s to ride them. It's overwhelming and a full time job. I'm not asking for tabards, I'm not asking for more rep on quests I'm not asking for full account wide rep. I'm simply asking that I don't farm 1 rep just one on my alts. That's it.
Onyx eggs.

Took 4 hrs to go from half way through honored to exalted.... If your on a high pop server u made ur choice lol.