Goblin Glider

General Discussion
Whoever thought this up to be implemented into WoW needs a raise, a big one.

I love this thing, dunno why, dunno how, but I do. Instead of flying say.. from the Dwarvern District to the Trade District on a mount, I'll go to the tall mountain behind the little island in the back with the Cata. portals and use my nitroboosts (also fun) to run off the top, then open up the glider and do a few loops around Stormwind until I eventually land.

If you're not an Engineer, level one. It's worth it for more than just the goggles and stat increases.

Oh, and I accidentally pulled a boss in ICC yesterday during an achievement run with a firework.. on accident.. Just thought I'd say that. Back to leveling.
I absolutely love it. I kind of wish they would make a mount version of it. Maybe one with little engines call it a Goblin/Gnomish Ultralight Glider.
it's the only good thing that the goblins have made
Know where I am now? Nesingwary camp.. Oh my, what a steep hill... /GLIDER

Edit: To add to it, the nitroboosts malfunctioned and launched me even higher which let me glide even MORE!

And I agree Lavin, Gnomes>Goblins
10/15/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Kenactwo
I just wish I could aim it down.

And then back up! Let us actually use the two minute timer.. I will now attempt to cross part of the great sea.
Is it as much fun as the Anglers fishing raft? Because I spent two hours plying the waters of the mighty Yan-Zhe, trusty Kalu'ak fishing pole in hand, my first-mate's hat keeping the pandaren sun off my brow.

Magnificent.
Nah man, hang glide off the pinnacle of Mt. Neverest up in Kun-Lai Summit, and pray you land before your gliding buff wears off. ;)
This Glider is pretty OP in BG's.

Here is a few examples, IoC if you control the hangar when you jump off the gunship you can land at any particular point within the keep. Then you have EoTS, once the BG starts you can glide to the nearest tower without incident. Then you have Sota, just use the glider all the way down to the beach. Then you have AB, hahahaha take control of the Lumber Mill and then get to BS - Farm - or Stables within seconds by using the glider. The use of the Goblin Glider has endless possibilities.
10/15/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Lavinnelly

but we end up killing ourselves 1/2 the time from it =/
I was having a hard time deciding what my second profession for my monk was going to be till i saw the glider....
Wait, what's all this about a Goblin Glider? What am I missing out on?
Tried mine out for the first time a couple of days ago and busted out laughing. That and the Blingtron crack me up.
Yeah it's great. @Rogue, I must try that in Kun Lai O_O!
The Glider is the best thing about this expansion.

I would have paid for World of Warcraft: The Goblin Glider CE.
Gonna love usin it in BGs!

10/15/2012 08:57 AMPosted by Lavinnelly

Liar liar helm on fire.
I agree. Whoever implemented this, please, have a cookie. Like seriously. My favorite thing ever.
I wish it didn't have a 30 second limit or whatever it is before you fall.

10/15/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Shmeezy
I agree. Whoever implemented this, please, have a cookie. Like seriously. My favorite thing ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mayCvk2P4f0
Since when does it have a limit? I glided from the Shrine to the Arboretum for dailies, and from the Temple of Storms to Dragonblight. I maintain if invisible walls hadn't slowed me I would have hit Howling Fjord. I forget exactly how long I glided, but it was in the neighborhood of six minutes.
I can't put it on my cape because it has teh potion thing. That has no charges.
>:(