Ganked during battle

Pet Battles
Wow, way to necro a thread thats 3 months old....
better than posting a completely new one since this one is already here. sorry i abide by the rules.
No, rogues can't stay in stealth. I got ganked yesterday by a 90... it automatically unstealths you when you enter battle. And I agree; it really sucks to get ganked while you're pet battling. You can't even see anyone coming up on you; pet battles are like a semi-instance. And even if you could see them you can't just fly away during a battle; you'd have to surrender & wait for your character to finish cowering & exit the instance AND THEN try to get away. Being vulnerable during a pet battle just discourages me from even wanting to pet battle since I'm always in contested territory.

That's pretty strange, because just the other day I was stealthing in Krasarang Wilds to a Jungle Grub AND stayed in stealth during the entire pet battle.
I've been getting unstealthed every time since I entered Outlands. I used to stay in stealth & then... yeah, not so much.
01/08/2013 04:54 AMPosted by Zhua
better than posting a completely new one since this one is already here. sorry i abide by the rules.

Yup, yup. We're encouraged to use the search feature (yay! it works now, unlike for years and years past, when it didn't).

And real necros are generally 11 months old or more. Yes?

Besides, the game has only been out for approximately that amount of time (MoP, for any trolls who wanna jump me for saying that). And if people are seeing this as an issue still, then why not add their own voice?

I am so glad I got skunked as a lvl 23-ish toon in Booty Bay, over and over again, by a lvl 70 Grand Marshal ranked player on a PvP server (2007; Black Dragonflight realm). Shook the dust off my feet, and rolled (along with my daughter) on a PVE server, and pretty much never looked back.

How Blizz ever thought that people getting jumped while doing what is essentially a phased event wouldn't be an issue for some players (probably most, if not all) is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong; I like PVP. But getting ganked/skunked is no fun, especially when there's a HUGE level disparity, and even more so when a player is utterly blind to their own immediate surroundings. And if Blizzard disagrees with me there, then how's come I get level 95 guards one shotting me if I go somewhere.. oh, let's say the gnome starter area for Fluxfire Feline?

Lvl 90-95 guards patting / standing around / popping out of the nether, just to protect newbie areas is all about preventing so-called PVP from happening. So why is it okay when the player is phased (or semi-phased) doing PVE junk, like pet battles?

Oh, and as a hunter who is trying to tame a lot of battle pets: I dismiss my pet while going around doing the itty-bitty pet tames.
10/14/2012 07:39 PMPosted by Abracadaver
Not really, it's like being ganked during a cut scene for a quest and I'm pretty sure you get phased out for those.

its more like getting ganked while you are after any other resource in the game: herbs, ore, rare spawns. and on a pvp realm they are all free game also.
10/14/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Ryxl
Wow thats so dumb, I mean NPCs or mobs cant attack us, but players can when we cant even see them ? Pet battles should be phase even if we r talkin about pvp realms..

If you don't like random PvP, why are you on a PvP server? Being attacked while pet battling is no different that I can see from having a ranged or stealth class shank you from a distance or stealth.

I really do not understand why people do not see that their comment are not logical:
- NPC can not attack us during Pet Battle even if we are on PvE server,
- Players can attack us on PvP servers during Pet Battles even if we are not PvP flagged.

So why PvP and PvE during Pet Battles are different? They should allow PvE from NPC during Pet Battles or not allow PvP during Pet Battles. Current situation is not logical and stop $%#&4 tell us about re-roll. People WILL NOT re-roll every time when they find something not nice in a game.
No, rogues can't stay in stealth. I got ganked yesterday by a 90... it automatically unstealths you when you enter battle. And I agree; it really sucks to get ganked while you're pet battling. You can't even see anyone coming up on you; pet battles are like a semi-instance. And even if you could see them you can't just fly away during a battle; you'd have to surrender & wait for your character to finish cowering & exit the instance AND THEN try to get away. Being vulnerable during a pet battle just discourages me from even wanting to pet battle since I'm always in contested territory.

That's pretty strange, because just the other day I was stealthing in Krasarang Wilds to a Jungle Grub AND stayed in stealth during the entire pet battle.

rogue - can stay in stealth during Pet Battle,
night elf - can stay in shadowmeld,
druid - can NOT stay in prowl
01/08/2013 05:24 AMPosted by Kiamato
People WILL NOT re-roll every time when they find something not nice in a game.

And that would be their problem, not blizzards nor ours.
People WILL NOT re-roll every time when they find something not nice in a game.

And that would be their problem, not blizzards nor ours.

Do you remember when a hunter's snake trap flagged people of the opposite faction (and kill anyone under lvl 40)?
Did you know it was a reportable offense at the time, even though it wasn't the players fault the "bug" existed in the game? And it stayed like that for months and months. Sometimes, crap happens. After the fact, a lot of finger pointing gets done, but the only people holding the real power is Blizzard itself.

Back to the topic at hand: Blizz made realm transfers possible. it's just a matter of time before these become as mundane as Runescape: Sign in, select a realm.... Boom, done. Now, go play wherever you want.
rogue - can stay in stealth during Pet Battle,
night elf - can stay in shadowmeld,
druid - can NOT stay in prowl

then maybe it's just me? idk, like i said i've been getting unstealthed for pet battles since I hit Outland.