Increases Stable Slots Please!

Hunter
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
11/09/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Gnorf
Three words "Pet taming challenges" read the patch notes it is a design goal to get hunters to go out and try and collect all the challenge tames.

Just because it's your personal goal doesn't mean it's a design goal. Consider Ghostcrawler's recent tweets about the subject:

"More stable slots would be fine to a point. Don't want hunters feeling like they should tame evey pet they see."

And:

"Taming should be a decision. There are plenty of 'collect all' achievements. Hunters aren't crazy cat hoarding ladies."

And:

"It's fun for hunters, but your pet is supposed to be your boon companion, not a list to fill out."

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/244452989279035392
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/statuses/258242063592742912
He says that, then they add more rares and taming difficulties. I know you care how many of what type of pet I have, but if that's how I like playing my hunter, no one (you or Ghostcrawler) should tell me I can't play it that way. Especially when they've been aiming for more customisation and unique playstyles this expac.
I still think they should move our pets into their own spellbook like tab system. . . yes, I read the latest developer statement related to this issue.

It's the same response we have been getting for a while- "We are looking into it, but no plans to increase space right now."

That is a little promising.
10/13/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Afkautoshot
Why the hell does Blizzard ignore hunters? Just mages mages mages mages!

u can call it " casters fetish " .
The fact that they created a Void Storage system (that a small amount of people out of the enormous WoW population ended up actually using), but didn't add more stable slots for Hunters, or create an option to purchase additional stable slots for X amount of gold is absurd. Don't get me wrong, the Void Storage has its uses and is very nice if you really are running out of bank and bag space.

The Hunter class represents a relatively decent percentage of the population, and Blizzard made Beast Mastery the dominant spec, but didn't add stable slots. /shrug
bump^^
agreed
Ok, this is what i struggle with.

As a pure DPS class we have our issues, OK, how about i turn into a Swiss army knife?

Ehh, not really unless i start to sacrifice some spiritbeasts/rares or gawd forbid the odd vanity skin that i have in the stable.

I can't think of another class that is not allowed to have a spell in their book if they already have x amount of spells in it.

I think Bliz sees our stables in the wrong context.

I believe they view it as a vanity collection closet, when they should be looking at it as a spell book of sorts.

Even then is there another class that has to go out and hunt down their spells?

Only have access to all their spells at fixed locations , where you can only withdraw 5 of them.

Do hunters that want to be a good SAK have to be the last onboard and stand by the stable master to see what the group/raid is lacking?

Far as i see it we are not meant to be a flexible class that can add that missing buff or debuff, not the way they have it set up now.

Our role is to be top end DPS, errrr, i guesse.
They flat out said (bleive it was GC but don't quote me on that) that they don't have any plans on increasing out stables and that we were never meant "To catch them all" we needed to pick and choose what we wanted/needed.
12/04/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Shamrunt
They flat out said (bleive it was GC but don't quote me on that) that they don't have any plans on increasing out stables and that we were never meant "To catch them all" we needed to pick and choose what we wanted/needed.

I ask you, does Bliz make other classes chose what buffs/debuffs they can have in their spell book?

My best guess is that our stables actually cost Bliz $ to maintian and are as reluctent to open them up much like bank and bag slots.

LMAO, now that i think about it from a business stand point maybe thats why hunters get sht canned so often, to thin the #s.

In the micro economics of it, we are probably the least profitble class in the game for Bliz.

I don't see how that's possible, considering that they created it.

Fixed location is redic

It's a convenience. The alternative is having no stable masters, and needing to tame new pets, from the corners of Azeroth and beyond, every time you swapped specs or between PvP and PvE.

I ask you, does Bliz make other classes chose what buffs/debuffs they can have in their spell book?

Yes: specs, talents, glyphs, professions, etc.

I ask you: what classes can load up their spell books with infinite copies of the same spell?

Another question: is 5+20 pets not enough to cover the buffs/debuffs for your gameplay? If you can argue that point, I think that's the best bet for convincing Blizzard to expand the stable somewhat.
12/04/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Gnorf

I don't see how that's possible, considering that they created it.

Fixed location is redic

It's a convenience. The alternative is having no stable masters, and needing to tame new pets, from the corners of Azeroth and beyond, every time you swapped specs or between PvP and PvE.

Yes: specs, talents, glyphs, professions, etc.

I ask you: what classes can load up their spell books with infinite copies of the same spell?

Another question: is 5+20 pets not enough to cover the buffs/debuffs for your gameplay? If you can argue that point, I think that's the best bet for convincing Blizzard to expand the stable somewhat.

Actually you have completely missed the point, i'm not shocked.

I said in their spell BOOK, not on their activation bar or glyph set.

Where do other classes have to go running? to pick up spells on a daily basis?

Do they have somekind of master spell repository that they have to run to and retrive 5 spells constently?

We have to actualy run around and retrive our selection of buffs/debuffs from the stable master.

Your calling the stable master a convience?

Try calling it for what it truely is and that is a base minimum to sub viability.

Ya you don't see how Bliz could get things wrong?, hahahaha, thats good stuff there.
Actually you have completely missed the point, i'm not shocked.

I said in their spell BOOK, not on their activation bar or glyph set.

No practical difference between them, but okay: everything I mentioned determines what spells are in your spell book. You can't have every possible spell at the same time; you have to make choices. You can change your mind, but the game design always includes a cost to doing so. Hunter pets are no different.

We have to actualy run around and retrive our selection of buffs/debuffs from the stable master.

I think I see the problem, and it's not the stable master.

Do you always carry four spirit beasts with you?

Honestly, most hunters can get by with a single pet. Any pet. Don't feel obliged to visit the stable master to swap out your turtle every time you queue for a dungeon; it's just not that important.
Does it matter if I use 4 spirit beasts at a time?

They say the point isn't to catch them all, then they release more. Having 2 or 3 options is one thing, but there are currently NINE spirit beasts. Some people like to collect them all, and we shouldn't be punished with limited stable space because of it.
I've been stable capped since the last rare spirit beast was released in Cata...

When 5.1 dropped, and the 150+ NEW rare pets where released i was kind of depressed in the fact that i won't be able to camp any of them due to me having a full stable of rare pets already...

The only issue i see with them increasing stable slots is the amount of server memory each hunter will take up? Not really an issue though to be honest...

Like, another 10-20 stable slots would be amazing!
I was just thinking there should be more stable slots... a few hours ago. I;m not even mac level yet or Beast Master spec, but yes 2 more pages of pet slots would be nice. I would pay for them.
This is something I absolutely support. They may not want us to be able to have every pet, but there are so many rares that the stable slots are really limiting. I'd prefer they just go the GW2 Ranger route and have a tab with a designated space for every pet model, though I guess 10-20 more slots will alleviate the problem for a while.
10/14/2012 04:18 AMPosted by Yjjial
I don't care about collecting pets... I've got what I need for stampeded or filling in the blanks for buffs, but really, I'm impartial to the aspect of the game. Hell, I've even killed a couple spirit beasts.

The reason you dont care about collecting pets is you are a survival / marksman hunter. So the very nature of your play you are used to doing most of the damage and what not. BM loves collecting exotic pets, especially spirit beasts. Although you made some valid points about fixing the class more, making more stable slots is a LOT easier to implement and very much needed.

I HIGHLY support this as well as a special bag similar to the old keyring system they used to have that can be used to store items that are usuable like the Orb of the Sindorei, Overgrown Lilypad, etc. They are trinkets and you damn sure dont want to throw them away but they eat space up.
This is !@#$ing stupid don't make that blizz it is %^-*ing frustrating when you see a level 90 with all the spirit beasts or almost farming for the 1 you are trying to get... that guy got 8 out of 9 spirit beasts and it's not enough for him.... please if you want more pet go plya pokemon this is " catch em all" game btw wow ISN'T so please leave the new hunters chance to get their rares jesus....
12/05/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Hellaz
This is !@#$ing stupid don't make that blizz it is %^-*ing frustrating when you see a level 90 with all the spirit beasts or almost farming for the 1 you are trying to get... that guy got 8 out of 9 spirit beasts and it's not enough for him.... please if you want more pet go plya pokemon this is " catch em all" game btw wow ISN'T so please leave the new hunters chance to get their rares jesus....

Getting that way over someone elses luck / accomplishments isnt going to improve YOUR luck getting rare pets. If you arent that upset because you dont have the pets or have bad luck with getting them and are just saying that for the sake of saying it then you sir need to take a break from the game.
i don't want them to Increases Stable Slots and consider it a buff .