The Walking Dead: Season 3, Episode 1

Movies, TV and Entertainment
Prev 1 9 10 11 15 Next
02/10/2013 07:05 PMPosted by Honeypot
Oh Andrea, still the same dumb blonde >:(

But she was useful for a tiny bit in this one.
Its a bit disappointing that Glen and Rick couldn't see past the issues with Merle and include him in the group. At least try to find a way of working with him even if its with him being prisoner for an amount of time.

Im glad Andrea is stepping up and being rational for once with the town people, and hopefully it can bring a bit of light to how the Governor sees things.

Its a bit upsetting also that Rick is possibly shooing away the new group. I really like Tyrael (sp?) so far. The two white guys with them are a bit stupid but I like Tyrael and the girl doesn't seem to bad.
02/10/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Hiroran
I really like Tyrael (sp?) so far. The two white guys with them are a bit stupid but I like Tyrael and the girl doesn't seem to bad.

Tyreese.

We call them the Shelbyville group since it's like remakes of everyone. >_>
02/10/2013 07:40 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I really like Tyrael (sp?) so far. The two white guys with them are a bit stupid but I like Tyrael and the girl doesn't seem to bad.

Tyreese.

We call them the Shelbyville group since it's like remakes of everyone. >_>

Ah my bad, I just remembered it was Tyr***.

But yeah he seemed willing to work harder to get in the group and was understanding about rick's groups mistrust in his group.
Rick is losing his marbles! I hope they are able to reconcile with the new people in the prison, seems like they could use their help. I'm betting that Merle and Darryl will be back sooner rather than later.

xoxo#1821
02/10/2013 07:37 PMPosted by Hiroran
Its a bit disappointing that Glen and Rick couldn't see past the issues with Merle and include him in the group. At least try to find a way of working with him even if its with him being prisoner for an amount of time.

It sucks that they lost Daryl because of it, but I don't see the group ever being able to take Meryl back. Him trying to kill Glenn with that walker was kind of the point of no return.

The idea of Meryl and Daryl going around killing zombies with unconventional weapons like mining picks zombieland style is amusing 8)
It sucks that they lost Daryl because of it, but I don't see the group ever being able to take Meryl back. Him trying to kill Glenn with that walker was kind of the point of no return.

Yeah I just kind of hoped they would try and think of something instead of just blowing the idea away.
02/10/2013 08:54 PMPosted by Nunepi
The idea of Meryl and Daryl going around killing zombies with unconventional weapons like mining picks zombieland style is amusing 8)

I kind of want to photoshop them together as the Super Meryl Bros.

>_>
seeing rick's vision of lori was quite scary

and i was sad when tyreese's group was driven away by rick

BUT THEY WILL COME BACK
02/10/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Killercaitie

I kind of want to photoshop them together as the Super Meryl Bros.

>_>

You guys know there's an actual game by activision coming out surrounding Daryl and Merle right? :P

Anyways, I hate to say that I was a bit disappointed by the return. This coming from a shameless fanfic writer for this show, and dammit if they aren't making it a pain in the !@# to follow alongside the show's plot. Those awful split storylines...of three now XD On a more serious note I hope this show doesn't lose its flow due to too much going on at once and ultimately losing its focus and becoming the next Game of Thrones.

I was kinda hoping that Daryl would finally come to terms with his brother being a pos who would sooner feed him to the zombies if it came down to getting out alive. I honestly feel like Merle only helped him, because Daryl was a sure fire way out and the governor only had a target trained on him. Of course, that's probably stretching it, but I really don't like Merle. Let's not forget the abuse that Daryl went through his entire life at the hands of his wonderful big brother. Daryl walked away from his family, as Glen put it. That's just low. Sadly, I think it shows that Daryl really hasn't grown all that much, with the group, as a person.

Although, I have to agree and am glad that Rick was sane enough to stick to his guns on the issue of bringing Merle back. Just look at what Merle was saying before he was knocked out. On that note isn't this the second time and second knock out when interacting with Merle for Rick?

Then the prison return. That was...interesting. I suppose seeing Lori the ghost is better than full blown conversations on the phone with her? Rick has officially lost his mind and taken a free fall off the edge. He might even be giving Shane a run for his money on who was the carzier person at this point.
02/11/2013 04:49 AMPosted by Mulder
He might even be giving Shane a run for his money on who was the carzier person at this point.

I'd say Rick, as Shane wasn't becoming Ghost Boy.
My wife and i were both really let down with this last episode, Andrea's Braveheart speech in the town, Deryl Leaving into the woods, Rick is now seeing ghosts??? Very sloppy written episode. I hope this doesn't turn into a repeat of season 2 that dragged along sooooo sloooowly on the farm. It's like they have no idea what direction they are taking this season in.
So after rewatching the first two episodes in black and white today, I noticed some parts that made me scratch my head. The very first scene when Rick tries to talk to the little girl zombie, she bends down and picks up a teddy bear. Why would a zombie do that?

In the second episode, we see a zombie actually pick up a brick to smash the windows of the store they were all trapped in. Later a few zombies climb a chain link fence chasing Rick and Glenn. Pretty smart zombies! They must be getting dumber though, because a smaller wooden fence stopped a whole herd at Hershel's.

Small gripes about old episodes, they just seemed kind of off, especially the brick zombie.

On the plus side, the commercial during the black and white shows!
"We just painted Daryl!" "Sorry"
So after rewatching the first two episodes in black and white today, I noticed some parts that made me scratch my head. The very first scene when Rick tries to talk to the little girl zombie, she bends down and picks up a teddy bear. Why would a zombie do that?

In the second episode, we see a zombie actually pick up a brick to smash the windows of the store they were all trapped in. Later a few zombies climb a chain link fence chasing Rick and Glenn. Pretty smart zombies! They must be getting dumber though, because a smaller wooden fence stopped a whole herd at Hershel's.

Small gripes about old episodes, they just seemed kind of off, especially the brick zombie.

On the plus side, the commercial during the black and white shows!
"We just painted Daryl!" "Sorry"

I think we're suppose to ignore the minor flaws. This could go with the fact that the group never picked up guns from all the abandoned military checkpoints, found fuel efficient cars, and many many other things.

Take for instance when Rick chooses the horse over hot wiring the truck or taking five minutes to look for the key.

If you focus on the impossibilities of the show it's difficult to enjoy it. But if you're really curious just google walking dead plot holes. There's sites dedicated to them.

Although I haven't caught any glaring issues lately and I believe humanesque traits displayed by those zombies at the beginning were noted by the writers/directors as the zombies still having some residual humanity at first. But with time and added decay their mobility and other attributes got worse. We all know though that those shots were for the added dramatics, which hell the first time around were amazing!
I think the "early" stage zombies were something like Land of the Dead... they sort of retained who they were. Then lost it as time went on.

Of course I can't see the first ep as anything other than 28 Days Later. Apparently the comic & movie were out in the same year... but I saw the movie long before I ever heard of The Walking Dead. >_>

Also, I enjoy that Talking Dead is now an hour long.
02/15/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Mulder
Although I haven't caught any glaring issues lately and I believe humanesque traits displayed by those zombies at the beginning were noted by the writers/directors as the zombies still having some residual humanity at first.

02/15/2013 11:14 PMPosted by Killercaitie
I think the "early" stage zombies were something like Land of the Dead... they sort of retained who they were. Then lost it as time went on.

I haven't read the comics, so maybe it's explained in there, but I haven't seen anything in the show that made me think new-ish zombies remembered something of their old lives. In fact, one of the more recent episodes where they test the old guy right after he died kind of shows the complete opposite.

02/15/2013 08:51 PMPosted by Mulder
If you focus on the impossibilities of the show it's difficult to enjoy it. But if you're really curious just google walking dead plot holes. There's sites dedicated to them.

I wouldn't say I was focused on them, just found them funny. I still enjoy the show a lot, mistakes and all.
02/16/2013 12:18 AMPosted by Nunepi
In fact, one of the more recent episodes where they test the old guy right after he died kind of shows the complete opposite.

True... but he & everyone had been contaminated for how long now? So maybe it changed?

I know in the first season they showed examples in the science base, but yeah.

I also haven't read the comics (& don't wish to until after the show ends so as to enjoy both separately) so not sure.
It would really take away from the show if the writers just kept a checklist that is universally applied to all of the infected; a set of zombie laws. Kind of like:

"Zombies cannot do any of the following:
1. Speak
2. Open Doors
3. Lift objects
4. Climb objects
etc etc... "

That's kind of dull to me, you know ? I prefer to see it where maybe 99/100 infected can't open doors but every now and then they run up against an infected who actually can open doors. It's fun because it's more random and it adds another layer of suspense. You can't take it for granted any more, you don't know what the zombie could do next.

I think the writers just want to keep you guessing, that's why you see examples that show the infected do have some intellect and other examples that show they're just walking meatbags.
02/16/2013 11:31 AMPosted by Yohko
I think the writers just want to keep you guessing, that's why you see examples that show the infected do have some intellect and other examples that show they're just walking meatbags.

Since I haven't noticed any weird things like brick zombie in season 2 and beyond, I'm assuming the goofy stuff in the first few episodes were more just added for dramatic effect and before they had a clear outline on how they wanted zombies to behave.

Brain dead zombies might be boring; but speaking, climbing, lifting zombies just seem too far out there in the world they have created, to me anyway. Plus if they did have semi-intelligent zombies mixed in, it makes those people like Hershel justified in holding onto family member zombies, incase they do remember certain things from their past life. But I think the show did a pretty good job of showing how mistaken Hershel was.

Like I said earlier though, I am not complaining about the mistakes/intentional things, I just hadn't seen the first season in quite awhile and when they showed the first two episodes the other night, those things popped out at me and I found them funny and thought I'd share.
If they are gonna have Rick seeing things they should let em talk with the people whose deaths he feels especially responsible for.