The Stalwart Guardian: A Guide to Protection

Warrior
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Curious, I see some of you all have Dragon Roar over Shockwave. Why would you pick a talent that is a non threat talent. If they have changed it and it has become a threat talent is it now over Shockwave.
12/07/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Kuamudu
Curious, I see some of you all have Dragon Roar over Shockwave. Why would you pick a talent that is a non threat talent. If they have changed it and it has become a threat talent is it now over Shockwave.

11/19/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Waniou
Just fyi, the Dragon Roar not generating threat is a bug, though I have no idea when Blizzard plan to get around to fixing it.

It's supposed to generate threat. I don't know if the bug has been fixed.
You have Glyph of Heavy Repercussions wrong. It is 50%, not 10.
12/07/2012 07:10 AMPosted by Kuamudu

Threat bug should be fixed now.

Even if it isn't, there isn't a big need for AoE threat or stuns in the current raids, and Dragon Roar is more overall damage and fewer GCDs per fight than Shockwave.
Ok fewer GCDs but isn't it nice to have that quick cool down of the shockwave.
I'll take shockwave on trash any day just for the stun it provides. I use it as a defensive CD for all trash packs. That moment of stun helps the healers.

On bosses, as usual, shockwave vs dragonroar all depends on the fight. On stonedogs I'll use dragon roar, on feng I use dragon roar. On garajal I use shockwave (yes, you can shockwave in the spirit realm to stun/interrupt the spirits in there). On spirit kings its dragon roar. On elegon, shockwave.

There is no right answer to which build because its all fight dependent.
Definitely fight dependent, although the threat generation fix helps. I still tend to favor shockwave.
12/07/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Ochron
12/08/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Ochron

Sorry, I thought I corrected this the other day! Should read properly now! I also added some further discussion and clarified some areas. Hope this guide is continuing to help people.
Yeah, you would significantly lose out on more important stats if you tried to hard cap expertise, it would be completely unnecessary.
up must be at the top sticky requested good start for a guide
This should totally get a sticky...
bump...please stickyyyyy
bumb...sticky plz
bump
A sticky would be helpful
Bump.
I just hit 90 leveling as Arms the entire way, so I have zero tanking gear.

Where do I start?