MoP hidden areas and easter eggs

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
10/24/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Crithto
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?

many things happened oh waggy one. To which event are you referring?
10/24/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Draug
Any of you explorers find the in-game reference to something that happened in the Mists of Pandaria trailer?

many things happened oh waggy one. To which event are you referring?

at 34,34 is the area from the MoP cinematic trailer. the staff thing that chen straightens up in the trailer is leaning over and if you fix it you get the Restored Balance achievement
When I restored the balance, I went to the edge to look down on the training area... unfortunately I couldn't make my camera move like that. :-D
There is a rubber ducky in the Shrine of Two Moons (Horde shrine).

One internet to whoever finds it.
@Crithto Got the achievement!
right next to the achievment thing is sam the wise the metal brewmaster
There's an area in Krasarang Wilds on a little island and it has a hatch with the skeletal remains of 3-4 Gnomes with a Stack of Papers . Referring to both the release date of Diablo 3 & Lost simultaneously.

Well done, Blizz!
In Jade Forest there's a little pavilion or something with two skeletons sitting across from each other around a table playing some sort of game. Its on top of a huge, thin mountaintop.
There is a semi rare elite named huggalon in the cave near temple of niazuo.
He is the heart keeper.
Combin his title with those in vault of archavon.
Earth
Water
Fire
Wind
And now heart
The captain planet reference is finally done...l.now we just need a super keeper that uses all these abilities.
Underwater, off the coast of the Dread Wastes, there's a large clam that smokes a pipe and blinks at you. It's near the sunken ship for the Anglers quests.

I luved that achievement! I moved the camera just like in the trailer and looked at the gorgeous view. It was awesome <3
There is so much in Pandaria for the finding.

I'm kinda glad I've already stumbled across a lot of what's been shared here. I'm not telling what I've found that hasn't. Exploring this world and finding all these secrets have been some of the best times I've ever had in WoW. I feel rewarded for just being there -- not since the Scourge event has the gameworld felt alive outside all the tightly scripted paths we're lead down. Pandaria, as a place, sustains a sense of wonder and delight. I have a lot of lingering love for Wrath, but this stuff pushes MoP over the top for me. Exceptional.
if you spam click Chen Stormstout he does a parody of the voice over in the cinematic referencing to his fatness, drinking and going to the restroom.

• To ask why I drink is to ask why I am fat. It is because I drink. Perhaps there is a better question.
  • Why do I drink? To quench my thirst. To lower my inhibitions. To make women appear more attractive.
  • For my kind, the true question is: Where is the bathroom?
  • I think the best moment ever was when I was in the the Valley and I had to ask one of the NPC's where a farmer was and he told me, "He is in the back polishing his melon", I had to laugh out loud at that one.
    In the same place you get the "Restoring Balance" acheive, is a pandaren brewmaster named Sam the Wise.

I did! ;)

An achievement spot for those that don't know is the Shrine of Fellowship 32/33 (this is where the walkway starts to the top) keep an eye out for anything clickable.

Blizzard confirmed for only reading thread titles.

I read the original and had zero idea what it was referring to. Though I do know the MoP tailer location.

Maybe, just maybe. This person, like me, didn't understand wtf the OP was referring to. It would be crazy, but maybe Blizzard posters don't "only read thread titles.".
    I like how if you return to Stormstout Brewery after it's cleared you'll end up in the rabbit barrel with a debuff that makes me think it's a Hangover reference.
    Not sure if this was intended or not, but the Shado-pan guys remind me a lot of the Night's Watch from Game of Thrones.

They're on top of a giant Wall, protecting everyone from bad guys.

One of their lines, 'We are the Watchers on the Wall' is word for word from the book/show.

Another, 'We are the sword in the shadows' is one word off from GoT version (darkness instead of shadows.)