Galleon Tag Spreading?

Aerie Peak
10/18/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Arnathis

Riiiiight because the endless amount of trolling from them.. GALLEON IS UP, WHISPER so and so.

Barring that, they will never advertise that he is up, and will usually just tag for themselves. Even if not a complete raid, just to prevent other people from starting a group for the kill, or having others join in.

Please don't confuse Alone with Uprising. I have never seen an Alone member trolling trade saying he is up. I have however seen an Uprising member say that and to whisper one of their officers (Bergg) for an invite, which I actually found kinda funny when I thought about Bergg getting mass whispers but probably wouldn't have if I wasn't near Galleon's spawn point and didn't know for sure that he actually wasn't up. I have also flown across Pandaria after being told there were whispers of Galleon spawning only to find out I had been trolled, it works both ways. Disappointing but not the end of the world, and kinda funny.

Either way, I can tell you that I have personally taken part in most of Alone's Galleon kills and I promise you, if we have the spots open we invite random people in the area asking for an invite. If you've missed those kills better luck next time or if you've been there and haven't received an invite it's either because we were full or because we had already pulled.

With Galleons respawn rate and both Uprising and Alone pushing for progression I hope you can understand that our top priority is to get a chance at loot for as many of our raiders as possible. We're usually scrambling trying to call/text people that aren't online and as a result we always make sure that we have extra room for our raiders if they are able to pop on last minute. That being said, there is no reason for us not to share the kill with people if we have the room since it's all individual loot, so we do. But we're also not going to spam general and trade chat looking for people to come kill it as that risks another group being formed and taking the kill ahead of us.

Just be happy you aren't on a high pop server like illidan where literally 40-50 people are camping him day and night. I've seen the livestreams of their server and it's absolutely ludicrous. Also, I was watching a livestream of Vodka last night where they had taken time out of their raiding to camp the BMAH and kill any alliance that dared enter just to have control of the bidding for a 509 cloth belt for one of their members. They had also dropped banners and were jumping in front of the auctioneer to make it harder for members of their own faction to click and bid.

So yea...no matter what you've seen on AP, it could be much much worse.

I disagree. It may be a race for server progression, but if more guild are further progressed our realm it will attract more quality players to transfer which intern will improve our realms top end guilds even further.

This has nothing to do with your guild groups not having enough room for their own raiders. A character can get a chance at loot as long as they are part of a raid group when the mob dies. They don't have to be in at initial tagging. This means that after he his tagged, you can invite more people and then have them leave and form their own raid groups to share the same tag.
We're not going to post on some thread, hearth to a town and post in trade chat, or beckon to your call when you're incapable of having someone stand watch or hang out in Vo4W.

If someone is in trade chat, I'm sure they'd have no problem doing a shout out, but it's not some kind of service that we're going to force anyone to provide. If you want to kill the mob, be there, you'll get an invite.
whats ludicorous is the !@#$ing retarded spawn timer on this boss. This is not just the alcohol talking, but its completely %^-*ing retarded that Galleon not only gives loot multiple times per week, but also has the worlds stupidest spawn timer and can only be camped by people who can expend hours of time sitting at his !@#$ing spawn waiting.

Its just stupid. A boss this easy, no atter how willing you are to share the %^-*ing tag, sdoes not need to be on such a long timer. All he is is a !@#$ing loot cannon so you can abuse his multiple-loot-per-week to get progression gains while the busier population of ap has to just deal with not ever being able to do this mother %^-*er becauise we're busy !@#$ing raiding, or just plain doing IRL cuz who the %^-* has the time to be logged in all day waiting for one !@#$ing mob.

But you know who else likes to have gear that isnt currently accessible? MY MOM. No really, %^-*ing everyone. So it would be nice if he didnt go down in !@#$ing ten seconds adfter spawn, if effort were put into notifying other people who may need his loot for gaming progression purposes, etc.

I dont understand why AP has to have this attitude where we only want whats best for our own guild, and %^-* everyone else. No one gives a !@#$ about your not world first achievements, we don't care about your stupid %^- world rank or US rank, we ujust wanna be the best we can in the raidas we do. And we cant do that if we have to try and fit in a raid of 20 alone mebers and 20 uprising members farming a loot*!@#$ boss with the explicit intention of cheesing bosses by using gear that isnt even legitimately available yet.

SO for %^-*s sake man, especially you Vex, if you're staring at Galleon and you know he's up, how hard is it to whisper even ONE person from the other raiding guilds on Ap, and get them to bring other members from their guilds so that they too can use the incredibly gay cheesing of tier gear on bosses that don't require it?

The thing that's insane is that you expect some kind of hand out from people you've trash talked for ...I don't even know how long. **** off.
Well all 80+ people at Galleon got at least gold.
How does my helm look? Do my eyes freak you out?!!!

The thing that's insane is that you expect some kind of hand out from people you've trash talked for ...I don't even know how long. **** off.

When do I trash talk anyone? I simply fan the flames I find entertaining. It helps that every time you make a post, you bring a surprising amount of rage to the table. As a person who breathes anger, you surprise me every time.

Also, not expecting a handout, just pointing out a giant flaw here with Galleon.
His spawn timer is unjustifiably long. The fact that he is easier than the Sha combined with the need to have someone camp at that spot forever waiting for it to spawn for free loots... its silly. Its bad design. Instead of defending the current behavior of Galleon as some kind of intelligently designed mechanism to hand out loot like its free candy on halloween to people who put in a 'time investment' of afking at the spawn while their guild does actual things, we should all be asking blizzard the same questions-
Why are the two world bosses handled so differently, and
WHY is it okay for one of them to be farmable for gear that isn't even available yet ?

I'm quite sure it wasn't Blizzard's intention to create an encounter that is both a joke to do and requires you have a large number of people in your guild such that you can guilt people into standing there all day/in shifts/ however you choose to do it. Also quite sure it isn't good design to hand out 496 gear multiple times per week to the same players for the easiest boss in the game when you're throttling the acquisition of valor + crafted gear through reputation gating. Its contradictory. Do you think they want people to 'cheese' encounters designed for people in average ilvl < 480s by stacking gear that is 496? If they did, why would they gate the valor gear so hard?

If Galleon was reasonably difficult, required the same time investment to learn and execute as a group of 25 people as Elegon, and only dropped loot for each individual once a week, his spawn timer would be justified.
But then his function as a world raid boss would be retarded- why would you put what is essentially an indoor raid boss outside? The Scenery? No one cares about the scenery.

This bad design comes from their dated viewpoint of world bosses of old. World Bosses are supposed to feel present- they affect the gameplay of the people in the zone, and they are supposed to be VULNERABLE - because they're just chillin, out in the open. The Sha is a complete success as a world boss, he embodies everything a world boss should be- he is extremely lore-relevant, he has an over-arching effect on the zone he is in, when he is killed by players (which is always non-canonical until an expac occurs) he comes back within a few hours and he contineus to make himself known.

When Galleon spawns he is almost instantly killed, having shouted once at the entire zone but having absolutely no effect on it. He is completely out of the way of players as they quest, he is frequently on vacation.. He's practically a myth. And when you encounter the myth, he's a pushover. Spends more time dead than alive. In what way is this world-like of a world boss? It just isn't.

I understand that farming Galleon in its current form is good for raid progress, but that doesn't mean its not stupidly designed and shouldn't be changed. Obviously, Garajol being exploitable is good for raid progress too, does that mean you think it's good for design as well? Clearly you do not.

I know you already have mixed opinions on this, since many players on this server had no qualms with farming the Sha and exploiting the broken use of tokens when they weren't even eligible for use BEFORE he was hotfixed- I still don't understand how it can feel good to loot the same boss multiple times per week and not feel dirty.
I'm not going to quote you because that would just be obnoxious.

Maybe the reason blizz decided to gate valor gear was because they knew they would have 2 world bosses as another means of supplying people loot?

You can get tier off of sha, why don't you have a problem with that?

I actually look at Galleon as the successful world boss of the two design wise BECAUSE he spawns so infrequently and BECAUSE you get loot multiple times if you're lucky enough to be there. The sha is boring, he's always up, you can kill him whenever you want, there is nothing special there. But Galleon spawning is exciting and actually gratifying when you kill him. Killing him has meaning, regardless of how easy the actual encounter is.

TL;DR I completely disagree with your assessment of the world bosses.
10/19/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Arnathis
I'm not going to quote you because that would just be obnoxious.

When do I trash talk anyone? I simply fan the flames I find entertaining. It helps that every time you make a post, you bring a surprising amount of rage to the table. As a person who breathes anger, you surprise me every time.

Also, not expecting a handout, just pointing out a giant flaw here with Galleon.
His spawn timer is unjustifiably long. The fact that he is easier than the Sha combined with the need to have someone camp at that spot forever waiting for it to spawn for free loots... its silly. Its bad design. Instead of defending the current behavior of Galleon as some kind of intelligently designed mechanism to hand out loot like its free candy on halloween to people who put in a 'time investment' of afking at the spawn while their guild does actual things, we should all be asking blizzard the same questions-
WHY is it okay for one of them to be farmable for gear that isn't even available yet ?

I'm quite sure it wasn't Blizzard's intention to create an encounter that is both a joke to do and requires you have a large number of people in your guild such that you can guilt people into standing there all day/in shifts/ however you choose to do it. Also quite sure it isn't good design to hand out 496 gear multiple times per week to the same players for the easiest boss in the game when you're throttling the acquisition of valor + crafted gear through reputation gating. Its contradictory. Do you think they want people to 'cheese' encounters designed for people in average ilvl < 480s by stacking gear that is 496? If they did, why would they gate the valor gear so hard?

If Galleon was reasonably difficult, required the same time investment to learn and execute as a group of 25 people as Elegon, and only dropped loot for each individual once a week, his spawn timer would be justified.
But then his function as a world raid boss would be retarded- why would you put what is essentially an indoor raid boss outside? The Scenery? No one cares about the scenery.

This bad design comes from their dated viewpoint of world bosses of old. World Bosses are supposed to feel present- they affect the gameplay of the people in the zone, and they are supposed to be VULNERABLE - because they're just chillin, out in the open. The Sha is a complete success as a world boss, he embodies everything a world boss should be- he is extremely lore-relevant, he has an over-arching effect on the zone he is in, when he is killed by players (which is always non-canonical until an expac occurs) he comes back within a few hours and he contineus to make himself known.

When Galleon spawns he is almost instantly killed, having shouted once at the entire zone but having absolutely no effect on it. He is completely out of the way of players as they quest, he is frequently on vacation.. He's practically a myth. And when you encounter the myth, he's a pushover. Spends more time dead than alive. In what way is this world-like of a world boss? It just isn't.

I understand that farming Galleon in its current form is good for raid progress, but that doesn't mean its not stupidly designed and shouldn't be changed. Obviously, Garajol being exploitable is good for raid progress too, does that mean you think it's good for design as well? Clearly you do not.

I know you already have mixed opinions on this, since many players on this server had no qualms with farming the Sha and exploiting the broken use of tokens when they weren't even eligible for use BEFORE he was hotfixed- I still don't understand how it can feel good to loot the same boss multiple times per week and not feel dirty.

I will because it's fun to quote a wall of text.

TLDR

You can get tier off of sha, why don't you have a problem with that?

Because its a chance that you get ONCE per week. This is consistent with the gating on valor gear- you are severly limited in your ability to get le purples.

You kill the boss ONCE unless you have people guilt you into doing it again.

I actually look at Galleon as the successful world boss of the two design wise BECAUSE he spawns so infrequently and BECAUSE you get loot multiple times if you're lucky enough to be there. The sha is boring, he's always up, you can kill him whenever you want, there is nothing special there. But Galleon spawning is exciting and actually gratifying when you kill him. Killing him has meaning, regardless of how easy the actual encounter is.

So you like Galleon because he is a repeatably loot cannon multiple times per week and finding him actually spawned gives you a !@#$%? I disagree that killing him has meaning. It doesn't.
The encounter is too easy for it to have meaning.
The only meaning you get out of this is your 'exciting' standing outside for 14 hours waiting for him to spawn paying off with a fountain of loot.

It doesn't take effort to afk in VotFW and report the spawn to your guild, it takes an account running something NPC Scanner to be alt tabbed on person X's computer. So if all you're doing is respondig to an internal notice 'omfg loot fountain is up', rushing over there, and falling asleep while you kill it because its a joke, where is the 'meaning'?
If it's boring to you and has no meaning then why are you complaining about us hogging it? I'm really trying to be civil about this but your argument is ridiculous. You sound like you're just mad that you've missed out on killing him and are looking for someone to blame it on.

I find the rush to get a group formed and kill him before someone else does exciting. Knowing that at any moment you may need to drop what you're doing, hearth, fly to southern valley and kill a rare spawn boss for a chance at loot is a wrinkle they added to the game that I enjoy. Sorry? Don't know what else to say.
10/19/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Chaingirl
t doesn't take effort to afk in VotFW and report the spawn to your guild, it takes an account running something NPC Scanner to be alt tabbed on person X's computer.

If it doesn't take any effort, why don't you do it as well or take turns with your guild. If you have enough effort to QQ on these forums then you have enough effort to camp Galleon's spawn. Also, I think you've spent more effort raging on the forums than I've ever spent on killing/camping Galleon.
10/19/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Kenny
t doesn't take effort to afk in VotFW and report the spawn to your guild, it takes an account running something NPC Scanner to be alt tabbed on person X's computer.

If it doesn't take any effort, why don't you do it as well or take turns with your guild. If you have enough effort to QQ on these forums then you have enough effort to camp Galleon's spawn. Also, I think you've spent more effort raging on the forums than I've ever spent on killing/camping Galleon.

We don't have anyone bored enough to afk at the site, and no one in this guild dual boxes either.
10/19/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Chaingirl
We don't have anyone bored enough to afk at the site, and no one in this guild dual boxes either.

So you have no right to complain about not getting the kill. Sounds like an American who hates a President but never went out and voted.
10/19/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Kenny

So you have no right to complain about not getting the kill. Sounds like an American who hates a President but never went out and voted.

No, part of the complaint is how assinine it is to require someone in your guild to afk in front of dirt for a boss thats easier than the Sha/
So it should be Common mob Galleon not RARE mob Galleon?
10/19/2012 08:53 PMPosted by Kenny
So it should be Common mob Galleon not RARE mob Galleon?

The SHA is a rare mob, thee rare spawns all over pandaria are RARE spawns. They have something close to 2 hour timers. Galleon's spawn timer is reflective of a !@#$ing MYTHICAL creature. He is not a mythical creature.

This guy is bad at analogies.

Clearly the point Chaingirl is trying to make is that this Galleon system is inherently flawed. Most guilds don't have the resources (i.e. time) to camp the Galleon spawn seemingly required to get a kill.

A more apt analogy would be an American not being able to vote due to systematic voter disenfranchisement and complaining about it in a public forum.