The quest "A Celestial Experience"

General Discussion
Sorry to rant a bit, but I think this quest presumed a little too much about our characters. First the Tiger tells us we have built up anger and rage and what not, and then Anduin is there acting very distressed with us "No- There is so much more to us than this". (I know he means violence and hatred, but it feels like he's talking about the character itself)

I know that the way I'm seeing it may not be what Blizzard had envisioned for it, but what I'm seeing is our characters being defined for us. Even though I don't rp, I still have different tones for my characters. Sure my Death Knight and Druid are angry with Garrosh, he's been slaughtering Night Elves left and right, but my Paladin is both 1. A Paladin, and 2. A draenei, he's calmer than my Death Knight, and doesn't have a hatred for Garrosh as my Druid would. Quests like these though seem to tell me all I like to imagine about my characters is wrong, they all follow the same path and have the same flaws.

And as an aside, can we stop having enemies that say "You have obliterated my armies and killed my top lieutenant... they must've just been weak, now you shall die!" It seems that every game and every story has these same stupid people
10/24/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Volkev
A draenei, he's calmer than my Death Knight, and doesn't have a hatred for Garrosh as my Druid would.

The fact that orcs made an entire road of your people's bones doesn't bother your character? Because it bothers the hell out of the rest of them.
10/24/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Fluffshp
A draenei, he's calmer than my Death Knight, and doesn't have a hatred for Garrosh as my Druid would.

The fact that orcs made an entire road of your people's bones doesn't bother your character? Because it bothers the hell out of the rest of them.

Demon infused Orcs, corrupted by an enemy that was one of our trusted leaders. We distrust Orcs, but don't have to feel hatred for them. Velen sure doesn't
10/24/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Volkev

Demon infused Orcs, corrupted by an enemy that was one of our trusted leaders. We distrust Orcs, but don't have to feel hatred for them. Velen sure doesn't

And Pandaria's Emperor rid himself of doubt, despair, hatred, anger, violence, and fear, but most of the rest of the pandas we are broing out with seem to be pretty susceptible.

I think you are wrong.
Draenei aren't jedi, they have emotions

And Pandaria's Emperor rid himself of doubt, despair, hatred, anger, violence, and fear, but most of the rest of the pandas we are broing out with seem to be pretty susceptible.

I think you are wrong.

I am a little confused, I am wrong in wanting my characters to behave a certain way? I am saying that one of my characters doesn't find it in him to truly hate Garrosh (Several ofthem actually, but the one in the example), and I dislike that he shows up as an aspect of that character's hatred.
10/24/2012 06:49 PMPosted by Volkev
We distrust Orcs, but don't have to feel hatred for them

10/24/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Fluffshp
I think you are wrong.

You can RP your toon however you want but Blizzard needs to follow a general and basic storyline for all of us. Thus the alliance sees Garrosh and the horde sees Varian.
10/24/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Holybeard
Draenei aren't jedi, they have emotions

I am not saying he doesn't have emotions, just doesn't feel tons of hatred towards Garrosh right now, he didn't have any ties to Theramore so that's not a big hang up for him. That's not to say he approves of anything Garrosh is doing, he knows it's going to come to the point of us or them sooner or later, he just doesn't hate him.
... this is relevant? ..and actually worth a forum comment? Has somebody been reading too many romance novels again? :>
10/24/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Volkev
First the Tiger tells us we have built up anger and rage and what not,

I loved when my big, glowy, kitty friend said this. I then showed him the meaning of enraged by popping my reck macro.