Rogues in Elegon (+ Will of Emperor)

Rogue
Hellow fellow rogues.

Last night i got to kill Elegon. But, my DPS was "awful", only doing 105k, while my team mates were abobe 130K.

How do you do that fight in order to get decent numbers? Any tips, advisement?

Tonight trying to kill WoE too, so if someone has any recommended spec-strat, would really appreciate.

(i am usually 4-6th in damage in Spirit Kings, Spiritbender and Feng, so it is not a gear issue)

Thanks in advance.
It's not the best rogue fight.
God whenever I see someone say that bosses name read Eragon. Its been driving me insane. I just had to say it somewhere.

Sorry. Carry on.
God whenever I see someone say that bosses name read Eragon. Its been driving me insane. I just had to say it somewhere.

Sorry. Carry on.

The books were good though...Am I right?
You're under hit cap (2550 aprox).
Hellow fellow rogues.

Last night i got to kill Elegon. But, my DPS was "awful", only doing 105k, while my team mates were abobe 130K.

How do you do that fight in order to get decent numbers? Any tips, advisement?

Tonight trying to kill WoE too, so if someone has any recommended spec-strat, would really appreciate.

(i am usually 4-6th in damage in Spirit Kings, Spiritbender and Feng, so it is not a gear issue)

Thanks in advance.

Wished I could do 105k dps lolol
10/24/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Nbkilla
You're under hit cap (2550 aprox).

Thanks for your observation. I got 2 new gear peices last night and have not enchanted/gemmed/reforged them.

I was looking ofr somethin like: go combat, or use SStep only on boss. or tunnel boss forget abut the add, reset your stacks at x.. Any help will be great.
Neither of these fights are particularly friendly to melee; the only way to do more dps is to have a raid comp which allows you to spend nearly all your time on the boss while other people take care of the adds. I'd stay Assassination for WoE. Being a slow spec, it is easier to play while dodging Devastating Combo. Combat works too in the event your raid sets things up so that you need to cleave adds.
once you get to 50% on this boss, yes your dps will shoot up by alot...so doing 105k isnt out of the picture early on in this expansion for a rogue. Its just the first 50% of the fight that is horrible for rogues. I would recommend saving your energy for the sparks in phase 2. Other than that, use shadow step and keep your rotation up. Use feint during his cast to help healers and help aoe down adds. Thats atleast what I do.
For Elegon, stay Mutilate.

Pool your energy for P2 sparks, if you can get a Rupture off on the boss before swapping during that phase, it helps big time. Watch Elegon's cast bar, when the channel is about to end, the adds will spawn, this should give you a decent idea of when to start pooling energy.

Because of my group comp, I have to swap to the adds during P1 in order to reset the stacks on my debuff, I always Shadowstep back to Elegon. And as mentioned earlier, make sure you use Feint for the add's Total Annihilation AoE.
Yeah I'm considering going Combat just due to Mutilate's slow ramp up time for DPS and bad swapping potential. How the hell did you do 105k DPS btw? I mean I burst up to 175k-ish with good RNG and Blindside procs but then I drop to like 60-70k, unless I'm not reading recount properly and I'm losing alot of DPS on Phase 2. Also, could it be that your raid mates' gear is better than yours? I rarely find myself out-DPS'ed but someone in lower ilvl.
Elegon: Sucky fight for us, but there are ways to stay competitive. Not sure how other people are utilizing shadowstep, but I find it best for me to step to the add right before it explodes to clear 8-10 stacks, and then sprint/rocket boots back to Elegon. For the orb phase, if your healers can handle it, then drop stacks every other orb, and don't forget to feint before orbs die :) . For the last phase, unless it breaks your team's strategy, just stay in the whole time (even through high stacks) until the boss is dead. With all our survival cooldowns, I don't think it's worth it to drop stacks as melee, and it just prolongs the fight.

For Will - I think either Mutilate or Combat will be good, just stay on the boss the whole time and dodge his specials... the range should be on adds and should be able to dodge Strength's mechanic. There's literally no reason for a non-taunting melee to be running around between adds and bosses, you'll just lose raid dps and be caught outside of the boss's specials for the whole fight.
Being able to hit opportunistic strike with your tanks every time adds sooo much damage it's not even conceivable that it's worth it for you to run around wasting dps, in my opinion.

Other rogues have just gone Combat and "tanked" Strength while cleaving the rages, but if your range are worth anything (which looks like they are) they will just rip off of you anyway.
10/29/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Pshero
How the hell did you do 105k DPS btw?

Elegon gives a 50% dmg buff when inside the inner ring of the encounter. Most likely coming from there.