What happened to...

General Discussion

The issue you've described was hotfixed on October 4th.

Bug Fixes

• The Quick and the Dead, now increases the movement speed of dead players by 10%, down from 100%.

• Source: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-_October_19-10_22_2012"]Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes[/url]

that's not a "hotfix" it's a nerf. I don't care but use the right terminology please.

That was the funniest thing I read today. It's like people pointing out grammatical errors by writing, "your dumb".

Not gonna explain since someone already did.

But "use the right terminology" is so hilariously clueless.

ps. on-topic, the guild perk made it kinda unfair for outside boss fights and there are always non-level 21-guild members in a raid of that size. Maybe Blizzard should fix that guild perk to work only if not in an outside raid. Or change it to work when alive. =)

Bug Fixes

• The Quick and the Dead, now increases the movement speed of dead players by 10%, down from 100%.

• Source: [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7207170/Patch_505_Hotfixes_-_October_19-10_22_2012"]Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes[/url]
    Horrible, horrible change, just like killing Have Group.

You guys keep trying to make the game slower and more tedious again. I think this blossoms from a twisted sort of Burning Crusade nostalgia: "Hey, remember when................"

Here's the problem. Slow, methodical play worked when the game was slow and methodical. You had less to do. Fewer alts. The structure of the game was measured, steady... people went entire expansions only doing the entry-level raids, and were proud of themselves for that. Doing your ONE daily Heroic took 3-4 hours of rounding people up and finding replacements after wipes. It was a different game.

You've simplified WoW into a rushed, quick-paced, popcorn game. At its core, you've totally dismantled the "slow methodical" thing. Then you swing back and keep trying to haphazardly, erratically, randomly reapply the slow/methodical thing back in slipshod flailing splashes and spots without realizing it doesn't work in the context of what the game has become.

Yes, I like moving incredibly fast as a ghost. Being dead is annoying and takes too long and I no longer have any patience with it like I did in 2007. Yes, I like teleporting my friends all over the world. FP'ing to places in WOTLK is annoying and takes too long and I don't have any patience with it.

Is this terrible? You know, maybe. But I'm just being totally honest with you about how I feel as a player: the era of slow methodical WoW is -past-. The era of slow methodical MMOs is passing. People are tired of it. Were those golden days with fond memories? Sure. Yes. But they are dead. Can we please stop trying to dig up their graves out of creepy nostalgic necrophelia?

I say all this as a sincere attempt to try to get through to you guys why this stuff is so annoying now. I don't think WoW is bad. I liked it as a slow methodical game, and I like it as a popcorn game now. I'm not complaining about WoW, really. I'm just trying to make clear that you're combining elements from the past with a present which no longer really supports them.

Please, cut it out, and just let us have our convenience features. Whatever you're worried about time-cutting measures "ruining", that boat sailed a long time ago when you started simplifying, rushing up, streamlining, and changing what WoW is and how people play it. TBC. Is. Dead. The same way Vanilla WoW killed the even more tedious gameplay of EQ, which supplanted earlier models, and so forth.
    Pandaria: the slow expansion.

This isnt Diablo. These are two different games and shoul dbe treated as such. What they do in one or the other shouldnt be put over into the other one. Sorry, but its the truth.

Thank the Lord ... or whatever supreme being you believe in...
    10/23/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Rygarius
    In case you guys weren't aware, the guild perk to move faster while dead doesn't work properly either.

Bug Fixes

Quick and the Dead at 100% was too fast sometimes. However, Quick and the Dead at 10% is Way Too Slow. Could we compromise and make it 40%?

Quick and the Dead at 100% was too fast sometimes. However, Quick and the Dead at 10% is Way Too Slow. Could we compromise and make it 40%?

Your concerns have been noted. I'll try to bring them up at the next meeting with our developers.

Your concerns have been noted. I'll try to bring them up at the next meeting with our developers.

It's become a truly worthless guild perk.
    10/23/2012 06:08 PMPosted by Myroluth
    I agree that 100% was too fast, especially as a Night Elf. I would actually fly off of the narrow ledges I was trying to climb during my corpse runs. I do find it frustrating that my ghost form now moves slower than my land mount does though, but then I've been spoiled by the faster speeds.

It's become a truly worthless guild perk.

It is... I can't even tell the difference between having it or not.
    If it is a short flight, I will usually fly it myself, if it is a longer distance i might use a flight path. In no way does this "get me to see the world". When I am on transit, i alt tab out or afk, I do not play the game see the scenery, I play it to quest, do instances, level characters, etc, etc. Anything that takes me away from that annoys me. Seeing the scenery is waaaaay down the list. So the removal of the portals, guld summons, etc, do not make me see the world more in any way. Sorry artists, your scenic endevors, while making a nice backdrop to what I am doing, are not the reason I play the game!
    Isn't the res timer sufficient for world bosses? Why a double penalty?

Bug Fixes

Alternatively, just give us an entirely new perk. As is it's completely worthless.

10/23/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Athinah
    that's not a "hotfix" it's a nerf. I don't care but use the right terminology please.

You are so incredibly wrong.
    I have noticed several times that other people will pass me on a flight path. Even though I'm in a level 25 guild, people will pass me, going the same route.
    How about they just put it back to 100%? It was fine the way it was. It was also really uncool to just sneak it in there and then completely ignore all the threads that were made about it. What happened to communication?

I feel like we can come to a comfortable middle ground on the hotfix/bug/nerf debate: let's just call the whole thing a "hotnerf."
    Can you move it back to the 100% it was Blizzard, an extra 10% speed is virtually useless.
    10/23/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Rygarius
    In case you guys weren't aware, the guild perk to move faster while dead doesn't work properly either.

Bug Fixes

Why on earth was this ever changed? Did Ghostcrawler think that we were missing out on some world pvp while dead or something ? Like im gonna get ganked byy a dead undead.

This change is so highly irritating, especially doing the dailies for the Shado-pan where mobsare so dense, and the companions you have going with you seem to be even more dense than the population of the mobs (and this is in the head).

Either make more Spawn points or change the speed back to 100%, its not benefitting anyone only having a 10% movement increase and neither is it harming anyone by having the 100% movement increase.

Bug Fixes

The Quick and the Dead, now increases the movement speed of dead players by 10%, down from 100%.

Source: Patch 5.0.5 Hotfixes

I'm still wondering why this NERF ( not a hotfix ) was done for?

Blizzard decisions as of late are in real need of questioning.
    I thought the same until I joined a Sha of Anger group and died. It must have been worse on pvp realms.
    Anyone else notice how Blizzard seems obsessed with getting rid of convenience in MOP? They got rid of the guild summon, they got rid of the ghost run buff, the banquets don't grant 300 stat, there are no guild cauldrons, weeklies were converted to dailies, rep tabards have been done away with, etc.

I feel like Blizzard is trying to copy the "hardcore"-ness of Vanilla and Burning Crusade-- except the part where Vanilla and Burning Crusade were never this inane. Vanilla and Burning Crusade were challenging because they were challenging, not because they aimed to punish and inconvenience players for daring to play them.

We the players aren't impressed by every enemy in MOP having 30% more HP for no reason. We aren't impressed with having to spend 3 hours of farming to make 5 buff food. That's not impressive. It's silly. Impress us with interesting content, not with inconveniences and punishing changes that no one ever asked for or wanted. No currently unsubbed players are saying, "They made ghost walking slower? I'm comin' back to the game right now!"

Stop it.