So I just did LFR (still in it)

General Discussion
1 2 3 16 Next
Managed to set raid markers up, raid warnings, set groups, 2 shot elegon easy. My normal loot gives a sigil (don't really care there) but my charm...oh that damn elder charm, yeah it proc'd loot, yeah my heart skipped a moment, but then... it gave me the stupid one hand axe...IM TWO HAND FROST WITH 2 HAND REFORGES....what is this garbage that the game can't recognize that god forbid I actually get a loot proc, it gives me the proper loot of a 2h weapon based on my spec / reforges and you know..the weapon I currently have equipped, i dont even care that if it had proc'd gold id get less gold than the weapon vendors for. I don't want this thing.

Great, another week with no weapon, no wait I got a weapon from him but it's of zero use to me.

Anyone else get royally shafted like this? Game teases you with the charm roll doing loot then just gives you utter garbage?
I agree with this, blizzard is becoming really lazy with the game and not fine tuning things the way they should. I have only gotten loot twice from coins, once I already had the neck it gave me(equipped) and the second time I already had a belt(which was better).

They need to fix how the loot system recognizes the player, it should take a snapshot of your equipped gear as soon as the fight starts, and then roll against the system for you. Only rolling for items that would be an obvious upgrade.

I would also like to see a system where you can choose to have a chance for offspec gear instead of the spec you came in as, that was healers can make dps sets without having to go in an lfr with terrible gear and do terrible dps, vice versa with the healing.
the system barely recognizes actual spec, let alone what you're reforging to in order to be optimal. The thing is that frost is both a 2h and a 1h spec. two 1h axes are still good. With the new talent system too, you're given both 2h and 1h specs in one. It's just a matter of reforging (if there even is some).
I got the dps tier gloves from the charm i used after the sha kill today. I was in dps spec so i cant really complain even though my main spec is tank, they were full of tanks. Would be nice if you got a token for tier gear so you can pick which to get.
The loot system, any of the loot systems, has never looked at what you currently have.
Never.

When the system decides to give you something, it picks something from the loot table of whatever the source of the loot is (LFR boss, elder charm, or whatever) and gives it to you, regardless of what you already have.

Would you rather it looked, then saw you already have a higher iLevel in that slot, then just say "guess he doesn't need this, so I'll give him nothing". Or, "he is a 2 hander frost DK, he doesn't need this one hand weapon, so I'll just give him nothing"
10/23/2012 04:40 PMPosted by Aarschott
Would you rather it looked, then saw you already have a higher iLevel in that slot, then just say "guess he doesn't need this, so I'll give him nothing".

Getting the same item twice is the same as getting nothing...
The loot system, any of the loot systems, has never looked at what you currently have.
Never.

When the system decides to give you something, it picks something from the loot table of whatever the source of the loot is (LFR boss, elder charm, or whatever) and gives it to you, regardless of what you already have.

Would you rather it looked, then saw you already have a higher iLevel in that slot, then just say "guess he doesn't need this, so I'll give him nothing". Or, "he is a 2 hander frost DK, he doesn't need this one hand weapon, so I'll just give him nothing"

Yeah I would have, then I wouldn't at least have been teased by "loot" when I hit the roll for the charm, it pretty much just punched me in the face. I seriously can't take this much longer, yeah it's just a game but it's a game that uses my real money, I don't pay for something retarded. When I spend money I expect a quality product, not some flawed coding that can't realize I'm dps'ing with a 2h weapon, with 2h reforges, and that I have never ever used dual-wield and never will.
Never.

The problem is that before you could pass on the gear you didn't need. I already have the Raid Finder cloak with spirit, so why in the world should I get the cloak with Haste & Crit next? That just made me want to faceplant in frustration that my Elder Charm was used to give me that. As the OP mentioned, I would get more gold from just getting a bag than vendoring the thing.
Three PVP cloaks off the Sha... And counting.
10/23/2012 04:49 PMPosted by Phaaze
When I spend money I expect a quality product

This x1000

I am unsatisfied with blizzard as of late.
10/23/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Lorentah
Getting the same item twice is the same as getting nothing

Do you realize how ridiculous that claim is?
10/23/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Lorentah
They need to fix how the loot system recognizes the player, it should take a snapshot of your equipped gear as soon as the fight starts, and then roll against the system for you. Only rolling for items that would be an obvious upgrade.

Wont likely happen because Blizzard knows there are more players out there who will quit after getting their loot than there are those who will continue to play out of enjoyment of the content.
10/23/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Deragus
Do you realize how ridiculous that claim is?

How useful would it be for you to get the same cloak twice? Not useful at all, you can't even vendor it for as much as you get out of a cache. So again, tell me why it is so ridiculous?
10/23/2012 05:07 PMPosted by Noctemtenchi
Wont likely happen because Blizzard knows there are more players out there who will quit after getting their loot than there are those who will continue to play out of enjoyment of the content.

Check this thread out....your post reminded me of it.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934956002?page=4#67
Getting the same item twice is the same as getting nothing...

Unless you dw identical weapons, or use different reforges for different specs.
Would you rather it looked, then saw you already have a higher iLevel in that slot, then just say "guess he doesn't need this, so I'll give him nothing".

Getting the same item twice is the same as getting only one thing (unless you are a priest/shaman, then you can use it for your OS)

fixed
So it's not "lost a roll, posted on forums" or "won a bag, posted on forums." It's "won something that wasn't what I wanted, posted on forums."

Okay.
So it's not "lost a roll, posted on forums" or "won a bag, posted on forums." It's "won something that wasn't what I wanted, posted on forums."

Okay.

At least back in the day of cata LFR I can blame other peoples rudeness for taking the items I wanted (if they had better or the same thing already). Now I have to take whatever Blizzards poorly coded system decides I want for me, it's like communism but in a video game.
10/23/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Phaaze
Anyone else get royally shafted like this?

The game now recognizes not only your class, but your spec. Once upon a time (not very long ago), there was every chance that you would go through a raid, and not only would no items drop that were useful for your class, there was a very good chance that if they did, they wouldn't be useful for your spec. Or if an item dropped that you wanted and was particularly sought after, there was a chance that an unscrupulous raid leader would simply take it for themselves. It was entirely possible to go raid lockout after raid lockout in this way.

The new loot system isn't perfect but it does help address those issues. It's not designed to deliver into your hands shiny new items perfect for exactly how you've tuned your character to function though. There's always an element of randomness to how loot drops, and that's by design.

Okay.

At least back in the day of cata LFR I can blame other peoples rudeness for taking the items I wanted (if they had better or the same thing already). Now I have to take whatever Blizzards poorly coded system decides I want for me, it's like communism but in a video game.

Hahaha

When you run out of things to complain about, you make up shtuff.

I did Sha 3 times now - he gave me 2 set pieces, quest boots, maybe a belt and gobs of gold and only killed me once. So many presents, such a generous Sha.

It's all about luck.

Just luck.

ps. the Sha of Anger must really like me. /hairflip