Evocation lvl 90 talent..

Mage
I know evocation is the best DPS.. but it's just annoying. Especially in randoms where I'm evocating over and over again while waiting for pulls to get maximum uptime. I switched the talent to ward because of this (a loss of DPS).. I know if I want to raid I'll probably need this talent (so much for no more cookie cutters).. it's like having to stop to eat to keep a food buff up or something. Not usually one to QQ.. but I'm just saying.. it's annoying and doesn't flow.
its not the best dps for me when i have to catch up after every pull or more likely forget to evocate until halfway through the fight. I thought I'd be fine with invocation for non-pvp stuff, but I'm thinking I'll switch to encanters ward for everything that doesn't require min-maxing (soloing old content, raids).
10/24/2012 07:31 AMPosted by Crystalah
its not the best dps for me when i have to catch up after every pull or more likely forget to evocate until halfway through the fight. I thought I'd be fine with invocation for non-pvp stuff, but I'm thinking I'll switch to encanters ward for everything that doesn't require min-maxing (soloing old content, raids).

For old stuff it's probably the best since it's just a passive 6% but you do lose it for 25sec if you take ANY damage which can become kind of a pain. Sucks if you take a 15k hit to your 350k+ health pool and it disappears for that time.

I just stick with Invocation the whole time in PvE. While it is a pain in the butt I've pretty much worked it into my rotation now. And yes it does make it "clunky" but it is what it is.
And on a seperate note...

@ OP Love the name. Best Stars goalie of all time. A bit crazy which may be another reason I loved him. Still wear his sweater to games.
And on a seperate note...

@ OP Love the name. Best Stars goalie of all time. A bit crazy which may be another reason I loved him. Still wear his sweater to games.

Would love a Blackhawks throwback sweater of his.
invocation, in my opinion, is the best raiding talent IMO and here's why:

1) GLYPH IT. Makes the talent amazing to get by itself. When your raid is taking huge amounts of damage, you look really good popping your ice barrier and evocating through the damage every 10 seconds and getting that 150-190k self heal. Survivability, not to mention you also get the invocation buff.

2) you get 40 seconds of burn. For us mages, that means a lot. When have we ever been able to burn 40 seconds straight, then turn around and burn 40 seconds straight again? You would be evocating anyways to get that lost mana from your burn phase, but now you get a buff for doing it. It only takes 4 seconds to channel and you're back down pounding bosses in the face.

Not to mention, you dont lose dps if you throw down an ice bomb or frozen orb right before you evocate. You can also have your elemental throw down freeze and get ice lance procs while you're getting your mana back...

of course, this is coming from a frost mage...