Max camera distance help

UI and Macro
A while ago probably around the release of cataclsym, my command to increase my max camera distance stopped working, but only on my priest. It only zooms out to the distance the default UI will allow, but it zooms out MUCH further on my other characters. Until recently this was just slightly annoying but not really that big a deal. I need to figure out why or how to fix/change this. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: All the commands I've come across I've tried and none of them change anything on my priest.
/console cameraDistanceMax 50
Haha i had the same problem Thanks for the macro
Still useful. ty for posting
I had mostly stop playing my Mage because the camera only worked on the Home | End | mouse wheel scroll forward. Playing sucked because it was just way to zoomed in for my comfort level. After reading this post. I checked my Camera Key Bindings. Under Camera Functions, Zoom In was Mouse Wheel Up. Zoom Out was ]. I Reset the Zoom Out to Mouse Wheel Down by scrolling the mouse backward. Just a thought to check your key bindings if your having problems with only one characters zoom.

Its 2014 and that macro still works to fix the problem. Thank you for posting this back in 2012!
Thank you for posting the solution to this, it was very helpful.
Ah, much better. Thanks!
This was helpful, thanks for the solution!:)
I've tried using this console command and it still doesn't allow me to scroll any further. Does anyone know why this is?
02/11/2015 10:57 PMPosted by Leathean
I've tried using this console command and it still doesn't allow me to scroll any further. Does anyone know why this is?

This is because you bumped a 2.5 year thread that uses outdated information. The Max Camera Distance in the options now reflects the actual maximum camera distance that these options used to provide.
02/11/2015 11:14 PMPosted by Steelfistv
02/11/2015 10:57 PMPosted by Leathean

This is because you bumped a 2.5 year thread that uses outdated information. The Max Camera Distance in the options now reflects the actual maximum camera distance that these options used to provide.

wrong, idiot. macro works perfectly and im bumping the thread
08/19/2014 08:41 PMPosted by Valronna
03/13/2015 03:37 AMPosted by Child
02/11/2015 11:14 PMPosted by Steelfistv

wrong, idiot. macro works perfectly and im bumping the thread

You need some reading comprehension, and some manners. What Steelfistv said is absolutely correct. The slider will scroll all the way up to the maximum value now, you can't push it higher with a macro. You can still use the macro to push it to the maximum, but moving the slider gives the exact same effect.

You are the idiot here.
I don't know who is an idiot and I don't care. fact is the macro works. I had the options set to max and then used the macro. after I used the mouse wheel and the cam went back a good amount farther. so.....

works great . Ty ty

----------------------------------------

Hi all, this thread is being locked. Please try not to revive old threads, also referred to as "Necroing."

Should you have something new to contribute to a particular topic, feel free to create a brand new thread :)

Thank you for your understanding.

- Forum Staff