Little Lore Questions that bug you

Story Forum
Prev 1 9 10 11 Next
11/24/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Kyoho
Whatever happened to those other two Blood Princes who helped resurrect Arugal?

Pretty sure they done ded.

Where did Sylvanas get those undead elven rangers?

Rangers remain loyal to their Ranger General even in death. We can assume she always had them.

Which non-playable races would still make sense as Death Knights if they ever became playable?

Vrykul are the only ones I can think of.
Shouldn't the Sunwell have a more positive use?

It was used to revive kel'thuzad. It was used to summon Kil'jaeden. Being near it created a dependance on it for the high elves and blood elves.

Thats some seriously detrimental effects for the only positive side being that it made the blood elves better with magic slightly but not so much that they aren't far better than other mages that do without?

Is it even safe to say that the Blood Elves are the best magic users in all of Azeroth?
Whatever happened to those other two Blood Princes who helped resurrect Arugal?

They may have been killed off-screen or are in hiding planning their next moves. Who knows maybe they are trying to find Kel'thuzad.

Where did Sylvanas get those undead elven rangers?

Those who were loyal to her life are loyal to her in undeath.
I just did the panderen starting quests up to the point where you have to pick a faction and this is bugging me.

The alliance ship crashes into the wandering isle full of horde prisoners right? They ended up there totally by accident and we have zero reason to think they have had any contact with our race until then correct? So why can we talk to them? Shouldn't a language barrier exist?
No, because Pandaren speak common.

The language barrier exists only as a plot device most of the time.

Pandaren speak common, I looked it up on wowwiki. That doesn't make tons of sense to me and brings up different questions.

Like for what reason speaking common is useful for a secluded race who only have each other to talk to. >_>

Pandaren speak common, I looked it up on wowwiki. That doesn't make tons of sense to me and brings up different questions.

Like for what reason speaking common is useful for a secluded race who only have each other to talk to. >_>

Common is the err...it's basically the English of Azeroth. We all speak it.
Common is essential so that all the races aren't separated by a language barrier.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CommonTongue
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AliensSpeakingEnglish

*secretevilcackle*

That sort of can be applied to every single race. Language barrier would block everyone out. Common is just an easy way to get around that.

I guuuuuess you can consider it the Latin of Azeroth.
11/24/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Xoaj
Shouldn't the Sunwell have a more positive use?

Along the lines of something I was wondering recently.

Given it's now not just a font of arcane energy, but of holy energy too, now, could that not be used to help eventually heal the Dead Scar/cleanse the Ghostlands/ et cetera?

Yes I'm aware of the one questline that had that apprentice mage decide the Dead Scar was un-fix-able. That said, this was pre-Sunwell-reigniting. I'm wondering if that changes the equation at all.

Then again, given the dearth of new Blood Elf lore, I doubt I'll get an answer either way.

EDIT: Then again, with all the new spoilers showing Blood Elves are getting some love, well, maybe there's hope we can get an update on the reclamation of Quel'Thalas in-lore (already know they don't intend to update it ingame anytime soon) sometime.
Did Sylvanas have any reactions with her sisters after her own "death"?
*interactions
RIP General Hath

The greatest man in Lordaeron to ever disappear from Blizzard's memory.
Here is a question that bugs me.

Where do I find a damn bathroom at?
10/24/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Sarnoth
Garrosh has been doing some pretty horrible things lately. What do the Mag'har orcs of Garadar think about this, and will they do anything about it?

A better question is why did Garrosh make such a sudden turn around in mentality?

The Champions of Azeroth are so powerful we don't need to go to the bathroom.

Our wastes simply vanish.

Wow. Just amazing. You are a god of these forums now.

That would explain.....so many things!