☆ New Mage Tricks [Alter Time]

Mage
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
10/23/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Batar
I've dropped fire on my group bout 3 times now on Feng using it. Man do they get pissed.

I managed to do that once. Felt so bad after.

Here is something to do that I killed 6 people with now:

Role play for the event "Trial of the Righteous". This consists of you walking towards a large cliff (Frozen Throne works great in ICC), and getting somebody to walk with you to the edge, then go about saying that they need to pass the trial and you shall show them the way of it. Pop Alter Time, glide down with your glider (don't just fall, it might now bring you back up). And pop back up saying you are righteous, and the other must pass. If you do it well enough and they are ignorant of Alter Time, they jump to their deaths. Fun stuff.
10/23/2012 11:55 PMPosted by Ragnaros
I've dropped fire on my group bout 3 times now on Feng using it. Man do they get pissed.

Role play for the event "Trial of the Righteous". This consists of you walking towards a large cliff (Frozen Throne works great in ICC), and getting somebody to walk with you to the edge, then go about saying that they need to pass the trial and you shall show them the way of it. Pop Alter Time, glide down with your glider (don't just fall, it might now bring you back up). And pop back up saying you are righteous, and the other must pass. If you do it well enough and they are ignorant of Alter Time, they jump to their deaths. Fun stuff.

lol you are cruel...haha but anyway u can actually use slowfall and it will still get u back up to the top
10/24/2012 03:13 AMPosted by Pyromonkey

lol you are cruel...haha but anyway u can actually use slowfall and it will still get u back up to the top

Being an engineer, slow fall isn't really on my bars :p But yeah that does work!
/cancelaura time warp

For those times where you are low on health when you hit it then get healed up by your healer, it will cancel the affect so you wont end up back at low health. The same use can be applied when not wanting to drop fire on your group when you used time warp then get the fire debuff. You will obviously miss out on some damage because you won't get the procs/buffs you had when you hit it but its better than wiping the group.
I liked the EotS bridge one.
10/24/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Fecx
I liked the EotS bridge one.

lol thx

/cancelaura time warp

For those times where you are low on health when you hit it then get healed up by your healer, it will cancel the affect so you wont end up back at low health. The same use can be applied when not wanting to drop fire on your group when you used time warp then get the fire debuff. You will obviously miss out on some damage because you won't get the procs/buffs you had when you hit it but its better than wiping the group.

yea and another trick is to use incanter's ward when you cauterize, you will be healed back for 50% health again!
Blizz sees this /nerf.
lol i enjoyed watching this one
Alter time is probibly the only thing that came with mists for my mage that ive liked.
Best pve trick I've seen/done for alter time is using it on darkmaster gandling to completely bypass the harsh lesson mechanic.

EDIT: Also glider is op, nerf nerf omg D:
I dont get why blizzard feels the need to nerf things we generally come to start liking...it doesnt mean its op it means we've finally gotten to using something effeciently. By the end of this sentence blizzard will be nerfing glider while you have the flag....gg blizz
It wouldn't surprise me if using alter time causes you to drop the flag, and/or being incapable of picking the flag up while under the effects of alter time.

Honestly, it just bugs me that engineering gets all these fun toys...and the one toy tailoring has(nets) don't work as well as advertised :(
It wouldn't surprise me if using alter time causes you to drop the flag, and/or being incapable of picking the flag up while under the effects of alter time.

Honestly, it just bugs me that engineering gets all these fun toys...and the one toy tailoring has(nets) don't work as well as advertised :(

Yea I know the pain;(
10/24/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Shy
Blizz sees this /nerf.

oh i think they saw my triple pyro combo and are nerfing pyroblast to 3 sec sigh;/
Best pve trick I've seen/done for alter time is using it on darkmaster gandling to completely bypass the harsh lesson mechanic.

Wow, that's very clever, going to do that next time I get Scholo.
10/23/2012 05:09 AMPosted by Reckin
That was a fun video, thumbs up bro!

thx^^
10/23/2012 07:05 AMPosted by Jibbajabba
That glider for rbgs/bgs...wow...

sadly u cant use the glider in rbgs...

niice tip^^
10/24/2012 12:28 PMPosted by Jubikus
Alter time is probibly the only thing that came with mists for my mage that ive liked.

I wish they added another creative ability than just alter time but one can only have hope...

Actually there are other items/gadgets that you can use to exploit flag games such as the item that lifts you up in the air and looks like ur surrounded in a cyclone...I dont know what its called tho