Question about "Lost and Found" weapons.

General Discussion
So why did the dev's decide against including a hunter weapon?

There are weapons for every class except for us.

Did there really need to be two agility polearms and 1 agility staff? Heck there is even a strength polearm.

They could have at least made one of the pole arms a bow or gun.

There is really only one usable trinket...but nothing else.
Like the archaeology caster offhand in MoP, you really aren't missing out on much if you don't collect on these.

At best any of those lost and found items are ilvl450. I know you get a 450 bow from running Arena of Annihilation which takes 10 minutes tops.
Well the thing is...most of these items can be used at level 85...so they're great for leveling alts.

The iLevel 450 bow can't be accessed until the later levels.
The lost and found weapons are very lack luster. Your not missing out on anything by not having one for a hunter.
At best they compare with an equal level green you can find on the AH.
The only upside to them is that they are BoA and you can send it to an alt who hasn't stepped foot into the content yet, and even then a handful of quests later and it will be replaced.

EDIT: there are some ilvl450 Lost and Found weapons (less than half available), but there also 450 ilvl blues available on the AH for 85s
10/25/2012 08:51 AMPosted by Crocadoodle

Are you suggesting that weapons that don't have useful stats or aren't equippable by hunters are NOT hunter weapons?
The lost and found weapons are very lack luster. Your not missing out on anything by not having one for a hunter.
At best they compare with an equal level green you can find on the AH.
The only upside to them is that they are BoA and you can send it to an alt who hasn't stepped foot into the content yet, and even then a handful of quests later and it will be replaced.

What level 85 green weapons are you seeing? An ilevel 450 weapon is good until 90, there are absolutely no quest weapons that will replace that.
10/25/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Scaryknight
What level 85 green weapons are you seeing? An ilevel 450 weapon is good until 90, there are absolutely no quest weapons that will replace that.

The one Lost and Found weapon I've gotten so far was a 404 staff that I handed off to my Priest.

Yes, it's a lot nicer than what she had, but it will be replaced by quest greens within a level or two, or a dungeon drop even faster.

Until I read this thread I didn't even know they got better than that. I assumed they were all fun boosts for alts of transmog pieces.
I stand 'slightly' corrected. All of the ones I have personally found found are NOT ilvl 450, but there are several that are. (less than half actually, and all with 86+ lvl req)
And there are plenty of ilvl 450 weapons to be found on the AH even at 85.
each and every class/spec has a 450 BoE weapon/shield/offhand that can be found on the AH at 85.
10/25/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Hippeaux

Are you suggesting that weapons that don't have useful stats or aren't equippable by hunters are NOT hunter weapons?

I know crazy huh!

I'm not one of those "Every weapon is a hunter weapon" type of player :)
Leveling from 85-90 is a fairly short experience now that much of the initial leveling congestion has passed on, and people have had ample opportunity to gain rested XP which is difficult to burn at the high levels.

I still stand by "don't sweat it," unless for some reason you don't plan on taking these characters to 90.
10/25/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Crocadoodle

I know crazy huh!

I'm not one of those "Every weapon is a hunter weapon" type of player :)

I'm glad you realized I was joking. : )

I had a moment where I was wondering to jest or not to jest.

Either way, the archaology and Lost and Found items do seem to be oddly itemized, with a heavy emphasis on agility polearms, but I'm taking solace in the fact that I don't feel the need to stalk the spawn points to get any of the items because they're so "meh."
Look at the weapon here on this Mage, ilvl 450. Same thing on my paladin, Charlamange, ilvl 450 greatsword. Both of those weapons have been used since lvl 85, all the way to 90, and continue to be used at 90 until something better is bought or dropped. Just go to Dread Wastes and fly around, most if not all of the high ilvl caster BoA's spawn out there.