Please stop autocasting at pet.

Mage
It's getting annoying.

While DPSing multiple mobs, if my current target dies while I am in the middle of a cast, instead of auto-acquiring a new target like all other classes, my frostbolt casts get redirected to my water elemental.

I, for one, never heal my pet. If he dies, I just summon him again.

Side note: what was wrong with the old method of your frostbolt healing the water elemental via DPSing a target?
dunno the exact wording but i'd bet you can do something like /cast target=[harm,frostbolt] frostbolt ?

idk dont think for a second that macro is correct but there should be a way to make a fancy pants macro that will only cast frostbolts at enemy targets.

and for fun, assuming you can do the @target=harm thing, you should be able to add in modifiers just incase you ever did want to heal your pet you could make it so that pressing alt/shift/cntrl would heal pet while not holding any of those would cast at an enemy.
/cast [@target, exist] Frostbolt;

When you don't have a target, it will not allow you to cast. This macro also allows you to frostbolt your pet for healing if you target it, a macro with the harm condition will not.

When you don't have a target, it will not allow you to cast. This macro also allows you to frostbolt your pet for healing if you target it, a macro with the harm condition will not.

Thank you! This is the beauty ive been looking for. SOOOO MUCH frustration solved with this macro. You deserve a medal and a trophy.

Thank you. That worked perfectly. I was also getting annoyed by this.
Just for funzies, can anyone gifted in the ways of macros create a macro that will cast frostbolt at my target (like you just had) but then if i hold shift cast at my WE?
11/02/2012 07:36 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
Just for funzies, can anyone gifted in the ways of macros create a macro that will cast frostbolt at my target (like you just had) but then if i hold shift cast at my WE?

/use [mod:shift,@pet][exists] Frostbolt

Make sure shift+hotkey isn't bound to anything in your keybind options.
I know its an old thread but thank you for this!

Fantastic! This "feature" was getting super annoying, but this macro seems to be the complete fix. Thank you!
#showtooltip
/cast Frostbolt
/stopcasting [@pet]

Now you'll never have to worry about healing your pet.