Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 Next
Before the release of MoP Blizz announced the new Crafting mat, in the start they announced it will be BoP and in a latter patch possiably turn to BoA because they made it easyer to gather than the Orbs before them.
That being said, this is my main and he gathers for my crating alts, I play this toon alot more than my Blacksmithing paladin, or my Inscriptionist Priest, and yes, Mining/Herb are my Proffs.
I hope the Motes/Spirits become BoA some time soon, but till then I use them for other Crafting mats and Ironpaw Tokens.
Should definately be BoA, that way you could farm on mutiple toons and combine as needed.
I farm motes like crazy by simply finding a level 90 area with a good respawn rate for the mobs. Mass pull while on ground mount, then hold'em with immediate AoEs. I pull between 6 and 14 mobs at a time, depending on distance between them. Kill'em all, loot, move to the next group, repeat until you have the motes you need. I also pull truckloads of cloth, green items for DEing, good coin, Black Prince rep, the occasional rare blue world drop item.... Seriously I filled most of tab one on our vault with cloth today alone and it took my mage about 15 minutes to DE everything I sent her. Is it a grindfest? Yes, but not as limiting as it could be (remember chaos orbs?)
Making them BoA would be enough - don't need to be BoE and flood the AH with something else. BoA would be fantastic as then our alts can have the motes/spirits that our other guys don't need.

IE: All motes/spirits that Soph has from doing dailies/rare hunting/farming can go to my "crafters", my Paladin and Death Knight who I don't spend as much time on. Sure, it's easier for say, my DK to "farm" for them because she's a DK, but throwing the extra's I can grow on the farm and get while doing my other things I enjoy would be the icing on the cake.
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

I dont enjoy mindlessly killing monkeys for 8 hours just to gather a bunch of motes...
@ Eliarana...So my only issue with SoH/MoH not being BoA is that as a person with a job, family, dog, etc. and not a tremendous amount of time to endlessly level new professions or farm gold, I am at the mercy of crafters (specifically Blacksmiths) to get a decent crafted weapon (specifically the Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator) upon hitting 90. I have yet to come across ANY Blacksmiths who would make it for me, using my mats, minus obviously the SoH's, for less then a 3k gold tip. Now some of you may laugh and say, L2farm etc etc etc, but 3k gold is significant for me, and running up the price on these "entry level" crafted items is slightly more then a minor inconvenience for me.

The crafting market is quickly becoming monopolized with items such as these, which is doing far more damage to the economy then making them BoA, or giving the option to trade them would do.

Now i know it takes effort to farm MoH, but I just wish there was a way to help keep the prices just a little more in check.

Fun fact, monopolies in the real world lead to economic devastation, and recessions. For proof, think about the TBTF banks that have us all by the short hairs, a few controlling the market because of regulations in their favor. All I'm asking for is a way to help keep the market value of these items (specifically the Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator) reasonable, considering that items of it's ilvl and similar ilvl's will very quickly be replaced due to LFR, Heroics etc. I would just like a way to be decently geared upon walking in to said Heroic 5-mans, or LFR, without also cleaning out my wallet. My 2 copper, because we all are ENTITLED to our own opinion and way to play the game. I pay the same for a single sub as any of the rest of us.

P.S. I'm also willing to wager that you are one of the crafters i mentioned, charging ridiculous amounts for something that is not in any way extraordinary.
@ Eliarana...So my only issue with SoH/MoH not being BoA is that as a person with a job, family, dog, etc. and not a tremendous amount of time to endlessly level new professions or farm gold, I am at the mercy of crafters (specifically Blacksmiths) to get a decent crafted weapon (specifically the Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator) upon hitting 90. I have yet to come across ANY Blacksmiths who would make it for me, using my mats, minus obviously the SoH's, for less then a 3k gold tip. Now some of you may laugh and say, L2farm etc etc etc, but 3k gold is significant for me, and running up the price on these "entry level" crafted items is slightly more then a minor inconvenience for me.

The crafting market is quickly becoming monopolized with items such as these, which is doing far more damage to the economy then making them BoA, or giving the option to trade them would do.

Now i know it takes effort to farm MoH, but I just wish there was a way to help keep the prices just a little more in check.

Fun fact, monopolies in the real world lead to economic devastation, and recessions. For proof, think about the TBTF banks that have us all by the short hairs, a few controlling the market because of regulations in their favor. All I'm asking for is a way to help keep the market value of these items (specifically the Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator) reasonable, considering that items of it's ilvl and similar ilvl's will very quickly be replaced due to LFR, Heroics etc. I would just like a way to be decently geared upon walking in to said Heroic 5-mans, or LFR, without also cleaning out my wallet. My 2 copper, because we all are ENTITLED to our own opinion and way to play the game. I pay the same for a single sub as any of the rest of us.

P.S. I'm also willing to wager that you are one of the crafters i mentioned, charging ridiculous amounts for something that is not in any way extraordinary.
look at my profs, SoH doesn't benefit me in any way on this toon. I do have a BS I am leveling but he is farming all his own mats, so far he is 87 and has 7 SoH for when he needs them, I JUST brought him to VotFW.

EDIT: Just to be clear. It's not a monopoly if more than 1 person is selling the same items.

EDIT2: 1k per Spirit is pretty cheap too, they are going for 3k EACH on my server

EDIT, I just checked the plans for that weapon. Are you seriously !@#$%ing about 3K for 5 spirits???? that is 1/6th of what they go for on my server. have a nice day.
Did you bother to read my post? I already stated that we prob have different opinions of what is and is not expensive, and if you checked the weapon plans you would realize it's ilvl. Not to mention that it is not exactly difficult to farm MoH/SoH...And in business, which i have a degree in, a monopoly can be an industry, hence my example of the banks in this country. 6 banks, controlling greater then 80% of the wealth. Or the oil industry? 5-6 major producers, controlling again greater then 80% of the market. It does not have to be just ONE person. In the business world it's called collusion. Apparently you slept through H.S. economics, pretty sure they cover that.

Edit: Interesting too that we're on the same server, and somehow they are going for 3k, and also 6x that much. 18k for 5 SoH or did you mean the whole wep? Because all that i cannot provide for it is the SoH's.
Did you bother to read my post? I already stated that we prob have different opinions of what is and is not expensive, and if you checked the weapon plans you would realize it's ilvl. Not to mention that it is not exactly difficult to farm MoH/SoH...And in business, which i have a degree in, a monopoly can be an industry, hence my example of the banks in this country. 6 banks, controlling greater then 80% of the wealth. Or the oil industry? 5-6 major producers, controlling again greater then 80% of the market. It does not have to be just ONE person. In the business world it's called collusion. Apparently you slept through H.S. economics, pretty sure they cover that.

Edit: Interesting too that we're on the same server, and somehow they are going for 3k, and also 6x that much. 18k for 5 SoH or did you mean the whole wep? Because all that i cannot provide for it is the SoH's.

Ok Prices have dropped a bit since I last checked, 5100g for your weap total on the AH just checked it. Sorry about that, they were going for about 3k per spirit over the weekend.

I know because I'm after the same weapon for my Ret set for this toon. and I wasn't gonna pay 20K LOL, I may scrape up 5K, that's not to bad honestly.

EDIT: Just to set the record straight, I've seen far lower ilvl items go for far more, just saying.

EDIT2: I hate to burst your bubble but a collusion eliminates it from being a monopoly, it becomes an Oligopoly at that point. Better go back and brush up on your economics Terms, I also majored in Business.
My Paladin has max out Enchanting and there are no Enchants that need Spirit of Harmony unless I need to get the Faction Enchants which will take a while. My Mage for some reason manage to get one Spirit of Harmony but still needs one more to make a Staff I might as well hope drops from Mobs would help but for some reason I am not that lucky.
11/06/2012 07:47 PMPosted by Mate
I'd like to point out that this forces people to have a dps spec. What about priests, paladins or other multirolers who might want to forgo dps that want to use spirits. =(

16 motes a day from the farm. But with dailys etc I am pretty much resigned to having a dps spec all expansion. Note this is something i have almost never done, I normally go holy/pvp holy or holy/prot.

Try farming without a DPS or at least a tank spec. Vermin are killers.
(Quote) Ok Prices have dropped a bit since I last checked, 5100g for your weap total on the AH just checked it. Sorry about that, they were going for about 3k per spirit over the weekend.

I know because I'm after the same weapon for my Ret set for this toon. and I wasn't gonna pay 20K LOL, I may scrape up 5K, that's not to bad honestly.

EDIT: Just to set the record straight, I've seen far lower ilvl items go for far more, just saying.

EDIT2: I hate to burst your bubble but a collusion eliminates it from being a monopoly, it becomes an Oligopoly at that point. Better go back and brush up on your economics Terms, I also majored in Business. (Quote)

We can certainly discuss terms and vocabulary, but let us tomorrow when i am more awake. :) The main point I was trying to get across was that i think the prices of some crafted items are very high currently.

With that in mind; I believe that allowing SoH's to be BoA or even tradeables could make the prices for crafted items more reasonable. I know it takes sometime and effort to farm (literally and metaphorically) SoH's, however, don't you think that prices for them are not reflective of their true value but more so have a high value due to the buyer not being able to provide their own farmed materials, putting us at the mercy of those who are making a fortune on the AH due to the current scheme of things. The only people who would have conflict with that suggestion imo are the crafters who would take a relatively small pay cut.

---Dark---
So my only issue with SoH/MoH not being BoA is that as a person with a job, family, dog, etc. and not a tremendous amount of time to endlessly level new professions or farm gold, I am at the mercy of crafters (specifically Blacksmiths) to get a decent crafted weapon (specifically the Masterwork Spiritblade Decimator) upon hitting 90. I have yet to come across ANY Blacksmiths who would make it for me, using my mats, minus obviously the SoH's, for less then a 3k gold tip.

No offense, but try to look at it from the blacksmith's perspective. 3k for making you a weapon that costs the BS 5 spirits is not a tip. A tip is what you offer the crafter in exchange for his services (assuming a fee isn't worked out). A big chunk of that "tip" is actually paying the BS for his mats. I play heavily on 2 servers. On one server, converting those 5 spirits into Golden Lotus would net about 2,600g, while on the other it would net about 3,000g.

While to your mind 3,000 gold is an exorbitant fee, to the BS it may not be an overwhelming profit margin: 400g on one server and 0g on the other. I don't know what the economy on your server is like, but if it's similar to my two, it's entirely possible that all those blacksmiths aren't trying to rip you off, and are just as frustrated with you, because (from their perspective) you want them to craft items for free or maybe even at a loss. Personally, I feel that a 400g profit margin is on the generous side of fair. I would not, however, work for free (unless you're a friend or guildmate).

Sorry for being so long-winded about it, but it may just be that the reason you are finding it so difficult to find a crafter to make your weapon is that your view of fair is actually below the market value of the mats. In short, if I can convert those spirits into lotus and sell them for 3,000g, I would be a fool to put just as much effort into selling them to you for less than that.
11/06/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Brennvin
If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.
Not really, no. Yes, you get more gold this way, but you also have to spend so much time farming for no guarantee of someone buying.

I just want to let you guys know that with chaos orbs last expac and spirits of harmony this one you effectively killed my crafting things for other people. I liked crafting for tips a vast majority of the time, and just having enough materials farmed to make a full price item here and there. Now that crafters entire business rests on them farming spirits in the hopes that they will have enough for what somebody wants, I imagine many have the same attitude as me and farm more valuable things.
I love how everyone is still on the "grow them on your farm".

If you grow them on your farm, you aren't growing vegetables. The only professions that it is more profitiable to grow motes to craft and then buy the vegetables you need for master of ways is BS or LW. You can't get 16 plots of vegetables from selling 3 golden lotus. It is simply impossible.

I have three farms at 16 plots, and two with 12.
I don't need all my plots for vegetables.

And, not everyone cares about growing vegetables and leveling cooking.
And if they do, then they have to prioritize what they want to grow - either the crafting or the cooking has to be put on hold to focus on the other, or both will progress but at a slower pace.

I love how so many people think that "I can't do everything immediately" is a valid basis for complaint.
The problem I have with MoH being soulbound...

I'm trying really hard this xpac to focus on a single character and make sure her rep is done, the dailies are done, her crafting is done. Rather then bounce around from char to char and often burn myself out pretty badly. I want to be able to sit and relax in this game so I don't keep burning myself out and obsessively playing every char to grind mats/rep/gear/etc. Now I thought MoP would be good about this making a lot of things account bound and letting me sit back and slow down, but no.

My main is my shadow priest, herb and transmute alchemist. MoH for her are useless except for trading for golden lotus to send to my elixir alchemist for flasks. I need them on my JC a feral druid for my JC discoveries, though looking at some of the trends on my server it might be cheaper to buy cut gems than uncut gems, making it wiser to sell uncut gems, and buy cut gems, but I've only been back playing for 3 days so I need to watch the market more(orange gems were 100g+ today and the recipe I learned sells for 55g...) My warlock is my inscriptionist, I made her that way so I could stop hunting the AH for glyphs because they sell on my server for 50-400g. And I'm cheap. She does this well, but this time around she can make some nice BoA/BoE staves and that off-hand that could help my main and/or my druid, but to do that she needs a lot of time and MoH.

So as I'm sitting now... it seems I am expected to the following:
Max my main to 90 and get all reps and farm gear and farm LFR
Max my Druid JC to 90, max rep with tillers, farm MoH for recipes
Max my Warlock to 90, max rep with tillers, farm MoH to make gear for my main... Spend what, 20 days? To make stave, or whatever it is.

... no thanks, screw the MoH gear, and I guess I'll just buy the dang gems. So much for focusing and trying to have fun and not grind as much... so it's disappointing I'll just have exclude myself from the majority of crafting this xpac. At this point, I'm not even sure why I have crafting alts...

Edit: This isn't including my hunter that must be lvl 90 for farming me ore, she's an engineer and has been my miner for alliance side since BC because of steam clouds, goggles, mote extractor, etc. Or my mage tailor enchanter, who hopefully will not required MoH for my enchants. Or I might really be upset and just run around unenchanted in LFR and I know how you all hate that!
11/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Felu
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?

Or Frozen Orbs? People overreact too much and think too little. The only difference between Spirits now and Chaos/Frozen Orbs when they were introduced is that Spirits are WAY EASIER to get since they drop everywhere and not just from the final boss on a heroic dungeon or from raid mobs.
Buy ironpaw's -> buy food -> ??? -> profit
11/08/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Magedaw
The only difference between Spirits now and Chaos/Frozen Orbs when they were introduced is that Spirits are WAY EASIER to get since they drop everywhere and not just from the final boss on a heroic dungeon or from raid mobs.

And you don't have to roll against other people for them even if you're grouped.