Spirit / Mote of Harmony.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 Next
@ tempestuous- No offense taken, I guess I didn't realize how much golden lotus' sold for. As I was saying earlier I don't have lots of time to farm, so i just overlooked that option. In that case I can understand the reason for the pricing of the item. It was just shocking to me in game to see an entry level 2h for that price. Anyways, that means i should either get gold farming or just wait for a nice drop :)

-Dark-
11/08/2012 11:54 AMPosted by Koica
And you don't have to roll against other people for them even if you're grouped.

Because orbs needed dungeons, most of my crafting alts never made any high-end items last xpac. This time, they're way more useful (to support this main) and be able to craft things for each other (if they ever level up, lazy bums).

The DK moaning about 3k gold being a significant amount need to fix that. Gold is stupieasy to make (like every xpac) and just doing 5 sets of dailies (some factions give you more quests) gives you about 500 straight gold - on top of gold drops/vendor trash/things to DE or AH. Sell some pets, DM cards, veggies - and you can buy whatever you need.
11/08/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Darkanna
@ tempestuous- No offense taken, I guess I didn't realize how much golden lotus' sold for. As I was saying earlier I don't have lots of time to farm, so i just overlooked that option. In that case I can understand the reason for the pricing of the item. It was just shocking to me in game to see an entry level 2h for that price. Anyways, that means i should either get gold farming or just wait for a nice drop :)

Yeah, it was a bit shocking to me, too, although to me it was crafter's shock instead of sticker shock. I wanted to make the crafted weapons for my alts, but I have to wait long enough to farm the mats (annoying since my gatherer druid has enough sitting in her bag to make them all if only she could send them to my BS).

Anyway, you might consider doing the Arena of Annihilation scenario. Pick up the quest from Gurgthock at the Temple of the White Tiger. Then select that specific scenario from the finder tool. When you complete the quest (to beat the scenario) you will get a nice 450 weapon to hold you over until you can get a 463 or better from a drop. It doesn't take too long and it would be a nice upgrade from that green you have. :)
Implement quest line. Or like make it so you can donate a decently large amount of crafting materials to an npc then they teach you how to handle the motes/spirits in a way that they don't latch on to your soul (using magic pandafu for rpers of course). Presto. unbound motes if you put in a decent amount of effort.

But I'm totlly biased. I'm too casual these days. I feel like if there was entry point pvp weapons this would be a nonissue.

edit: inb4 already suggested. thread was too long to read all of it. CASUAL
THESE crafting items are BoP at the start of EVERY expac.

This is NOT a new thing.

WRONG! Chaos orbs were the very FIRST that were BOP. All previous orbs were non-soul bound starting from Vanilla.

The new motes are also required for many recipes that are not purples, which is also a change.
Yeah trading them for items is good i guess but for me i dont need money and mainly like the idea of using them for pretty purple items haha.

be good to have the choice thats all.

When selecting two gathering professions, there is going to be some understanding that you won't be making gold from crafting, at least not on that character. Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

At first, I thought they should be BoA and was kinda upset they weren't. But now, after playing MoP for awhile, I get it. You guys knew what you were doing with this expansion. BoP motes and spirits are totally A-OK by me now. In fact, I'd be disappointed if they did go account bound or BoE at this point.

Getting a fully upgraded farm is not hard or that time consuming. Everyone can do it. Soon, everyone's alt can do it twice as fast. I can grow all the motes I need right on my farm.

And if I wind up with an alt that has spirits they don't need they can buy mats with them that either they need or other alts need or that can be sold on the AH.

Blizz, if you make motes and spirits BoE or BoA I won't be too upset, but I would prefer you didn't. I honestly believe they're perfect as they are.
THESE crafting items are BoP at the start of EVERY expac.

This is NOT a new thing.

WRONG! Chaos orbs were the very FIRST that were BOP. All previous orbs were non-soul bound starting from Vanilla.

The new motes are also required for many recipes that are not purples, which is also a change.

Pretty sure Primal Nethers were BoP... since they still are.

There were plenty of recipes that used mote/primals, crystallized/eternals and volatiles that weren't of epic quality.

Pretty sure Primal Nethers were BoP... since they still are.

There were plenty of recipes that used mote/primals, crystallized/eternals and volatiles that weren't of epic quality.

Please explain then, why I have primal nethers in my alt guild bank... that have been sitting there since BC.

Edit: OK, so there were a few blue quality recipes that used orbs, etc. There are still a LOT more now. My point about the orbs not being soul bound stands though. Before Cataclysm, it was ALWAYS possible to collect all of the mats required for a particular item and bring them to the crafter of your choice. During Vanilla, raiding guilds would have any mats gathered during a raid placed in the guild bank for use of the crafters that supported the raid... but were only leveled up enough to learn the crafting skills they needed.
11/06/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Weebliz
My main character will never use them. I'm just collecting them to look at.

That's silly. Trade them to the panda guy on the terrace at the Shrine of the Two Moons for mats and sell those.

I want to trade for a swarm of floating multicolored spirits

-Dark-

Off topic, but you might want to try the quest Arena of Annihilation you get from the Temple of the White Tiger for the weapon upgrade. You need to do a Scenario, or something, but the quest rewards are iLv450 blue weapons.
11/07/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Arkthan
can't grind up all the mats, mail them to him and have him mail me back cool stuff. HE actually has to go farm up the Harmony for my use. And I just can't ask him to do that... it's unfair to him.

Or you could buy it off the AH. You arent the only two on your server. BOP spirits make you have to plan ahead and think what you are going to do with them. If you want your husband to make you something special, let him know so he can save for it and make it first.

I'll take an example - leg enhancements. I could so easily get those from a guildmate, if I didn't mind asking him to go do my work for me. Which I mind. He already did all that work to level his skill.

Or I could spend a godawful lot of gold every time my leg gear changes. The AH for SoH gear is prohibitively expensive and I don't have enough income to keep up.

My husband doesn't play on an extensive basis; when he does play, he has other things to do than run around farming motes for me. Whereas I'm awash in them, as I play more and have a fully developed farm that I actively work.

11/07/2012 05:24 AMPosted by Arkthan
I ended up vendoring my extra Dreamcloth at the end of Cataclysm.

Why didnt you make 24 slot bags and sell those? A lot more money there than vendoring the cloth.

Because I didn't feel like spending the time and energy farming up MORE mats for MORE BoP cloth in old content. Pandaria has far, far too much to do.
11/06/2012 07:29 PMPosted by Lokron
Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

...Be realistic please.

Nobody is going to be awestruck because someone /inspects someone and sees that they are wearing crafted items that cost Spirits of Harmony.

Just about every crafter out there would rather be able to sell their items that they can obtain at a reasonable rate than be forced to farm out - on that specific character mind you - a handful more of Motes of Harmony so that they have enough for that item. The true value of Motes/Spirits at level 90 is next to nothing because anyone who does the Tillers dailies for a couple days will be able to, literally, farm them. Any smart person does vegetable growing on non-90's, and leaves their 90's to farm up Spirits.

They aren't valuable. They aren't amazing. They aren't interesting. They're an annoying blockade that makes leveling professions, and crafting actual items you intend on using, unfun. I'm a bit tired of dumping excess resources to level professions on alts since I don't have a Spirit of Harmony to buy that one recipe, or to make that mediocre item.

Look, at the very LEAST, make them BoA. Chaos Orbs were an atrocious mistake, and these are arguably worse than they were. I'm sick of having characters with tons of Spirits I'll never use, and others desperately clinging on to every mote they get.

Spirits of Harmony alone ruined my outlook on professions for this expansion. I'm hoping you guys learn your lesson and change them soon - and PLEASE don't make the same mistake going forward.

This is how Blizzared gates professions. To me it seems silly, but they must know best, it's not like they never change their minds ;-).... BOA means the person using the spirits of harmony, actually farmed them, hmmm seems game breaking to me.
11/06/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Felu
As others have mentioned though, there is always a chance they'll become BoA or BoE in the future but no promises. :P

If the developers follow the same logical pattern as the past two expansions, the Spirit of Harmony will become a tradeable item. Remember when Chaos Orbs were bound to you?

But remember if you did not craft they were completely useless to you. This go around you can trade them in and sell the stuff you buy with them. If they become unbound it will be the last patch or the next expansion.
I really dont want to see them become BOE... Like they did with chaos orbs...
But BoA, certainly! I have around 30-40 spirits sitting on my main since i have enchant/JC as profession... Im the kind of player that have every class, with every profession, but im not going to farm mobs on my 88 disc/holy priest for hours only to get enough spirits to craft items for my main. So i sit there with useless profession until i can send them to my alts :P Dont tell me to buy golden lotus, since the buff of the enigma seeds, they're just so cheap that it doesnt even matter.
Spirits becoming BOE will just destroy the market and make them only a cheap reagent that you buy from ah 10g/item. You still farm the spirits if they're BoA, you're just free to use them as you please.
primal nethers were bop till around the release of bt
I use Alts for my cooking farming.

Sure they only have 4 plots each but I've got a couple of them going right now and all the vegies they grow get sent right to my main for his cooking.

Meanwhile my Main plants Songbells and a few of the other Mat growing herbs.

Woot, playing farmville everyday, instead of going out to kill things... Sounds like a good plan.
BoA Spirits would be the best. There are many of us that are altaholics and enjoy maxing all the crafting professions just so we can supply our alts. It's less about making gold and more about being able to provide ourselves with the gear through crafting. But even altaholics have classes they prefer over others yet have professions that are useful on those less played classes. Because of the Spirits being BoP however, we are being forced to play those unliked classes just to farm them up while our mains with professions not needing the Spirit of Harmonies are stockpiling. Making them BoA will still give that sense of "...showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself" while giving us altaholics the freedom of moving them around between our characters.
This, this, this, this. All day long I agree.

Making them BoP is a good way of showing others that, you as a crafter, have made an awesome item for yourself. If you plan on selling the crafted item, it allows you to raise the value and demand even more of a profit.

...Be realistic please.

Nobody is going to be awestruck because someone /inspects someone and sees that they are wearing crafted items that cost Spirits of Harmony.

Just about every crafter out there would rather be able to sell their items that they can obtain at a reasonable rate than be forced to farm out - on that specific character mind you - a handful more of Motes of Harmony so that they have enough for that item. The true value of Motes/Spirits at level 90 is next to nothing because anyone who does the Tillers dailies for a couple days will be able to, literally, farm them. Any smart person does vegetable growing on non-90's, and leaves their 90's to farm up Spirits.

They aren't valuable. They aren't amazing. They aren't interesting. They're an annoying blockade that makes leveling professions, and crafting actual items you intend on using, unfun. I'm a bit tired of dumping excess resources to level professions on alts since I don't have a Spirit of Harmony to buy that one recipe, or to make that mediocre item.

Look, at the very LEAST, make them BoA. Chaos Orbs were an atrocious mistake, and these are arguably worse than they were. I'm sick of having characters with tons of Spirits I'll never use, and others desperately clinging on to every mote they get.

Spirits of Harmony alone ruined my outlook on professions for this expansion. I'm hoping you guys learn your lesson and change them soon - and PLEASE don't make the same mistake going forward.

...Be realistic please.

This. Every word of it.