Heroic Vizier, HoF

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 2 3 4 23 Next
11/07/2012 07:57 AMPosted by Genshin
Attenuation rings do not split in 25

They most definitely do split, but you'd know that if you even watched a stream on it. Midwinter was streaming last night.
You guys are adorable. If you'd actually pull the fight you'd realize how certain aspects of it are simply unrecoverable, even with perfect play. Then there's also the fact that ~50% of your pulls are wipes regardless of what happens because he picked the wrong first platform.

No one wants the challenging aspects to go away - I think most hardcore raiders enjoy the refreshing change from faceroll to Nintendo-hard difficulty. But it is pretty silly when there's wipes that you can do absolutely nothing to prevent, especially when those wipes happen frequently. The entire fight has a Spirit King-esque "randomness" that facilitates the perfect ability order or you probably won't kill it. That aspect of the fight = stupid.

I do enjoy the changes. I do understand that RNG is !@#$ing annoying. I guess you have to tolerate it at times. It makes it harder to test certain strategies on later transitions when your fight could end because of certain scenarios that the boss gives you thus why it is taking longer.
Lol, some hardcore players are really fun:

Hey Blizzard, heroic content is too easy, make it hard.

Damn you Blizzard, we can't clear all heroic bosses in the first week before new content come with the gear we have now, boss is impossible, nerf it now!!

The laughing is killing me.
11/07/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Wisemuffins
So we don't invite anyone who can't 1cc lunatic. Easy.

It's gotten far enough (even though we're still on normal) my guild is calling it "the bullet hell phase", and mandating those who keep dying download Touhou.

I really wanna try it on heroic though. Really bad.

Does this mean I can finally start referencing extra stage replays on raid applications for my alts?
I enjoyed the whining posts.

I enjoyed the whining about whiners posts.

I basically enjoyed the whole thread.
Has anybody chuckling with the tongue-in-cheek responses about how fun this challanging fight will be even seen phase four for long enough to realize what happens?
It's definitely killable. Some people got close tonight and it would have died if it wasn't for lockout bugs hurting some guilds. It will die within the next 24-48 hours. The only thing wrong with the boss is that one order is way harder than the other, making it very RNG reliant both on the pull and in the final phase.

It's been one night, just relax for a minute and, you know, try it for a bit. That's why we raid isn't it?

You need a moose hat
11/07/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Doabearelrol
thumb-in-cheek
11/07/2012 09:52 AMPosted by Sair
The entire fight has a Spirit King-esque "randomness" that facilitates the perfect ability order or you probably won't kill it. That aspect of the fight = stupid.

When we look back on this tier, the random order mechanics won't be remembered fondly, just like there's a few things about T11 I try to block out of my mind, lol. Maybe they thought it added more freshness to the Yorsahj and Hagara repeat kills. It worked there because it didn't increase the difficulty of the fight significantly and not having to reset the boss (some guilds might have with Hagara). I don't recall any major problems with Freya either.

IMO I think Blizzard just needs to be very cautious about random order mechanics in fight design, if they're used at all. If it makes one order significantly easier than the other, it's not good design.

PS: Off topic but it's good to see that this tough boss has brought a lot of hardcore raiders back to D&R. Long time no see! Stick around, the LFR threads don't bite. =p
PS: Off topic but it's good to see that this tough boss has brought a lot of hardcore raiders back to D&R. Long time no see! Stick around, the LFR threads don't bite. =p

yes they do

look at my pinky

I'm pretty sure it's infected
The fight so far is at least feels fair. It's not like there's a ton of things you can't control like Blackhorn.

I'd imagine if this isn't killed by the raid ID expiration, Echoes will get nerfed in HP probably.

I would like to see it stay as it is, and just force people to gear up and practice up. People will kill it eventually as they go back and finish MSV heroic, PROGRESSION PATH lol!
11/07/2012 07:15 AMPosted by Nery
So you could say the boss is mathematically impossible?

So in other words expect stars to kill it by friday

11/07/2012 12:23 PMPosted by Parkwayy
ton of things you can't control like Blackhorn.

?????????????

Really?

THATS where you're going to go for uncontrollable rng?
Light of Dawn vs. Attenuation
11/07/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Kennyloggins

I hate that trinket so much....
11/07/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Kennyloggins

Blinded by the light comes to mind.
The Heroic Zor'lok encounter is currently more difficult than intended. While we prefer to avoid changes to encounters in the midst of progression, we would like to fix a few quality of life issues and make some targeted balance changes that do not invalidate the efforts that guilds have put into learning the encounter so far. Later today a hotfix will make the following adjustments:

Zor'lok's Echoes will pause briefly before beginning to cast Song of the Empress.
Zor'lok's berserk timer has been increased slightly.
Zor'lok will no longer summon Echoes of Force and Verve during the final phase of the encounter.
those aren't quality of life, those are straight up nerfs

Not arguing that they weren't needed though, I watched some high level guilds on stream, and that looked very nasty for a first boss heroic.
11/07/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Nethaera
While we prefer to avoid changes to encounters in the midst of progression

That was funny. Since when was no one being able to kill a boss "progression"

I lol'd

No harsh feeling tho, <3 you blizz
Guess it actually was mathematically impossible.
Thanks for the headsup.