Destruction: immolate haste breakpoint?

Warlock
As destruction, should I hit the 4247 haste breakpoint for Immolate or should I just ignore haste and dump into Crit / Mastery? I'm not sure what the dps increase is on the extra Immolate tick when conflag is strictly limited by the GCD.
As a Destruction Lock, your DPS is GREATLY dependant on your Mastery. My Warlock is currently level 89 in Destruction spec. He has 45% Mastery, 7.5% Hit, 7.3% Haste and 11.6% Crit and can do 30k+ in dungeons. I tried reforging all crit and forcefully some Mastery into Haste and I lost about 7kish in DPS. I actually wound up cancelling reforges until I got to 90.

All-in-all, try not to reforge from Mastery if you have to reforge for hit, but I'm unsure I'd be trying for haste cap with Mastery being a major key to the spec.

Edit: Grammar.
My ilvl is 470/471 and I maintain the 5100 point hit cap. I just was not sure if the immolate haste breakpoint was worth it or not. I'm doubting it is as I've run 2 seperate simulations, one with the haste breakpoint, one without, but more crit (reforged according to my simulated stat weights) and there was a 200 dps difference.
11/07/2012 09:27 AMPosted by Kazishini
As destruction, should I hit the 4247 haste breakpoint for Immolate or should I just ignore haste and dump into Crit / Mastery? I'm not sure what the dps increase is on the extra Immolate tick when conflag is strictly limited by the GCD.

Your easiest DPS gain is going to be to use that 600 enchanting and enchant your gear.
Next easiest DPS gain is going to be to buy a Meta Gem (or have one crafted). If you can't afford the cut meta from the AH, buy the mats to make a primal gem and ask an alchemist to make you one and spam in trade for a JC to make you the burning primal.

Your normalized stat weights are as follows:
Int (1.00) > SP (0.82) > Hit (0.50) > Crit (0.37) = Mastery (0.36) = Haste (0.35)

Reforging/gemming/enchanting using those weights is about a 4k DPS increase.
Dropping Ghost Iron Darkling for Vision of the Predator or Flashfrozen Resin Globule will net you an extra 2k DPS with Vision with a 300 dps gain over the Flashfrozen Rezin Globule.

You should only go for the haste soft cap without the 5% haste buff only if you are absolutely sure that no one in your raid is ever going to give that buff. AFAIK Shamans, SPriests and Boomchickens give that buff.
Your normalized stat weights are as follows:
Int (1.00) > SP (0.82) > Hit (0.50) > Crit (0.37) = Mastery (0.36) = Haste (0.35)
Stat weights change depending on gear. The only way to know the correct stat weights and stat priorities for Destro is to run yourself in simulationcraft. A piece or two can make you go from crit > mastery > haste to mastery > crit > haste.
11/07/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Loktronotron
change depending on gear. The only way to know the correct stat weights and stat priorities for Destro is to run yourself in simulationcraft.

I used his gear to sim to get those weights, but yeah, it does depend on your gear. However the way you explain it makes it seem like any change you make will drastically change your weights, which for destro is far from true. There might be slight variations and thresholds where mastery will eek out ahead of crit, but once that threshold is surpassed crit becomes the better stat, but for the most part the stat priority remains the same for destro which is, Hit (15%) > Crit = Mastery > Haste (9.99%).
I think from about 465 to 472 or so I felt like I reforged from crit > mastery to mastery > crit every time I got a new piece. Now it's pretty consistently crit > mastery though. I was just reinforcing the notion that it's not one stat weight for all gear, and if people want to know the optimal reforge and optimal gemming then you're going to have to run simcraft.
Our raid group will not be providing the haste buff sadly... Not with our current comp. I'm still farming for the trinket from seige. Admittedly I've been lazy with the meta gem. I have a JC with the pattern, just no raw gem.

As for simming myself, I wasn't looking at the normalized stat weights, I was looking at the scale factors part of the table for my reforge. I use Reforginator in game, and wowreforge.com out of game for the reforge calculations.
using simulationcraft will give you the stat weights. just go to options and select haste, mastery, crit, hit and int to be run.
Our raid group will not be providing the haste buff sadly... Not with our current comp. I'm still farming for the trinket from seige. Admittedly I've been lazy with the meta gem. I have a JC with the pattern, just no raw gem.

As for simming myself, I wasn't looking at the normalized stat weights, I was looking at the scale factors part of the table for my reforge. I use Reforginator in game, and wowreforge.com out of game for the reforge calculations.

The normalized stat weights and the scale factors are the same numbers, the normalized are just easier to read and understand the differences between the numbers. It is easier to tell at a glance that 1 is more than twice as powerful as 0.48 than it is to see that 3.86 is more than twice as powerful as 1.85, but the weights remain the exact same. Meaning that 1 is 2.083 times as powerful as 0.48, and 3.86 is 2.083 times as powerful as 1.85.
^ his math checks out guys
all top end parsing locks running destro sac/ suprem r stacking Mastery>haste now depending with mastery or int gems
Destro has no definitive itemization ranking period. If you have haste proc gear (legendary meta, herbalism lifeblood, shado pan trinket) it can haste cap (incinerates hitting the gcd)easily. Don't think in terms of single target when it comes to ToT raids. Almost everything has cleave, aoe, or burn phases.

Thus in the circumstances you really want destro most of the time you want to stack mastery. Gemming wise its still safest to use int based gemming with a mastery focus if you want a "one size fits most" recommendation.

Jinrok = CD stacking and ember dumps in pools...ember consuming spells = mastery
Horridon = shadowburn sniping/havoc cleave, F&B cleave, etc
Council = okay just go demo if you have a UVLS or aff if you dont'...honestly.
Tortos = AoE...check, multiple targets...check, shadowburn/havoc cleaving off low turtles like a ****lord....check
Meg = 2x heads to pad on are better than one? Plus MF RoF gets you lots of embers. Heroic you can dps the adds from a safer range than demo but again more embers > more ember consuming spells > more mastery value.
Ji-kun = nest dps is largely CB/sburn and boss dmg is next to irrelevant but dumping CB's while on primal nutriment buff is pretty easy as destro which again is ember consuming spells thus mastery.
Durumu = a rare single target on normal, aoe/cleave/ember consumers on heroic ice walls are amazing
Primordius = near infinite embers, no pet bonus for buffs, ability to stand still and ember cleave/CB/sburn like mad...oh yeah.
Qon = another basically single target but not really a dps check more a movement/coordination check
Twins = really dot specs do better here
LeiShen = bursting down ball lightning is the most important dps check in the fight so be either demo or destro. Destro's aoe damage scales more from mastery than even int (with sac).

Pretty much where its single target a int > mastery > rest setup will be no or minimal loss and will be a big gain where you cleave, burst, or aoe which is very common in ToT.
Necroed.