Azshara, Nazjatar city and the next expansion

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next

Kil'jaeden and Azshara are comparable in power and could each carry an expansion as the primary villain, so I wouldn't be surprised if either of them showed up next, however.

Comparable in power?

I don't know if I would go that far. I wouldn't doubt shes one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth, besides Old Gods and such but Sargeras is a Titan.

Kil'jaeden isn't.

Comparable in power?

I don't know if I would go that far. I wouldn't doubt shes one of the most powerful beings on Azeroth, besides Old Gods and such but Sargeras is a Titan.

Kil'jaeden isn't.

Where the F*** did I get Sargeras.

My bad lol

Ok then I agree with that Statement.
Azshara is a lot tougher than she looks and easily dominates most demons in War of the Ancients, up to and including Manneroth. It's heavily implied that she's on a similar level as Archimonde...and thus, yes, KJ.

To be sure, she's completely demented and narcissistic. (LOL at "consort of Sargeras.")
Azshara is a lot tougher than she looks and easily dominates most demons in War of the Ancients, up to and including Manneroth. It's heavily implied that she's on a similar level as Archimonde...and thus, yes, KJ.

To be sure, she's completely demented and narcissistic. (LOL at "consort of Sargeras.")

I wish she hadn't actually had a cameo in Darkshore. It is absolutely not in character for her to show up and twirl her figurative mustache in our face.
That and she looks like Vashj. Azhara may be a villain but she deserves way better.
11/12/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Lorthuron
That and she looks like Vashj. Azhara may be a villain but she deserves way better.

I imagine that its just a placeholder model until they actually make a real model for her.
And I imagine that they want it to be a dramatic reveal in a future expansion rather than a small cameo in Cata.
Azshara seems like it could bridge well off from Pandaria for some reason to me. Im sure there will be some naga involvement in Pandaria but i guess we will see.
11/12/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Resileaf

I imagine that its just a placeholder model until they actually make a real model for her.
Wouldn't be the first time. Ysera, Nozdormu, and Malfurion all come to mind.
11/12/2012 04:26 AMPosted by Ceejay
We can safely assume that Queen Azshara will get her own expansion and her brief appearance in Cataclysm suggest that it may come sooner than later.

She will get a patch about as big as the "Troll patches" and we all know it.

She will get a patch about as big as the "Troll patches" and we all know it.

That would be the greatest waste of a villain yet.
Im not the biggest expert on night elf lore so forgive me for asking this dumb question but why didnt the night elves put in a new Queen after Queen Azshara "Left?" Sorry i know someones going to make fun of this question but its been on my mind for a while :P
11/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Gollard
Im not the biggest expert on night elf lore so forgive me for asking this dumb question but why didnt the night elves put in a new Queen after Queen Azshara "Left?" Sorry i know someones going to make fun of this question but its been on my mind for a while :P

I'm assuming it was self proclaimed and the writers went with it?
Tyrande and the Priesthood thought bloodlines being important were bad.
11/12/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Gollard

For all practical purposes, High Priestess Tyrande is exactly that. But the whole Azshara thing soured her on monarchy and she absolutely refuses to accept any such title. Nor does NE society want the institution back. They got burned badly by it. So they traded in monarchy for theocracy.

Yet they revere Tyrande almost as much as they did Azshara back in the day. The difference, I suppose, it that Tyrande earns her affection on merit and benevolence, whereas Azshara just threw some kind of crazy glamor spell on the entire NE race powered up by the Well of Eternity (it went way beyond her just being pretty. She could even dominate demons and turn them in her favor.)
11/12/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Ferlion

Doesn't Tyrande still fear becoming Queen Azshara anyway? I mean figuratively speaking she is Queen of the Night Elves but not necessarily.
11/12/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Valius

Doesn't Tyrande still fear becoming Queen Azshara anyway? I mean figuratively speaking she is Queen of the Night Elves but not necessarily.

She's the High Priestess, but is a very reluctant leader in the since that she dislikes people showing her reverence.
11/12/2012 08:03 PMPosted by Ferlion

She's the High Priestess, but is a very reluctant leader in the since that she dislikes people showing her reverence.

They still do, though. :)
When MoP had first hit beta, and with even Ancients calling Tyrande "Lady Tyrande", her last few appearances stressing her peoples adoration for her, and then the Naga admitting they see her as a rebel queen, I really was hoping Tyrande would move past it as part of her story arch, becoming the fire in the belly of the Night Elves that the Legion noted was missing in WC3.

Obviously, I was wrong and at most she's a mildly warm pile of ashes that may have at one point had the potential to be a blaze
I don't think she can move past it now. She really is a political figure at this point. Blizz hasn't figured out a good way to write this up and winds up pleasing nobody, as all the NE threads show.
Yeah, a political figure in a game where the politics take back seat. A kinder fate is to just kill her off.

Anyway, at this point, don't expect Azshara to be anything other than a patch boss.