Extended Maintenance - 11/13

General Discussion
Prev 1 101 102 103 106 Next
if the reason for the extended maintenance is cleaning up the pvp ladder, then great. anything else, please fire whoever is in charge of planning the DT and maintenance procedures, because he sucks at his job.

with 10 million users affected by his screwup i don't see it any other way.

Issue 1, you use the term "he". How do you know it is not a woman? You shouldn't be sexist.
2nd: someone needs to repost the terms of use. It isn't a screwup. They're doing what they need to do. It is part of the terms of use and for those who complain that they want reimbursement, deal with it. You signed on to this. Don't go into something without reading the fine print. They are well within their rights.
11/13/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Ezréal
Is today the release of 5.1?

No.
ps the servers are up
*sighs* last thing i wanted to see...
I find it hillarious that some of you are defending Blizzard's actions because they "want to take the time to get it right." This game has so many flaws that have been unfixed for weeks, i.e., spelling mistakes, quest bugs, incorrect map locations for quests, auto-dismounts when flying over certain zones, etc. The worst thing is that they create new problems every time they "fix" something else. So if they were indeed taking slightly more time to fix an issue that would be one thing, but they never actually fix anything. I am pretty sure monkeys work there.
I don't understand how hard is it to keep the times they you say your going to do 1 hour becomes 3 hours 3 hours becomes 8 hours when is it going to stop i have been playing this game for 7 years and i still don't understand why it takes so long to fix something. If star wars, Guild Wars and Rift all can do there patching in the time they say there going to do it and be up why can't you all do the same?
I just want a monkey and a friend for the monkey...
it would be nice if we could just pay for the days we want to play than having to pay for the entire month. it would cut down the arguing and bickering that players have when they cant play a game they paid for. and the agreement still stands you clicked it learn to read it. because about 90% on here just click and go. because all they want to do is play.
omgush get these lazy emplooyeez autta here blizz!!!

just kidding...I think that at the core of these delays..this is what frustrates a lot of us.

In a business transaction, when there is a contract...like a service is provided for a service or in our case money, we expect, if we pay accordingly for the other party to supply our request (play time etc,), accordingly.

However, in the real world, if one of the parties does not hold up their end of the bargin, then the other party either doesn't provide or sets up a new contract or a clause within the original contract to be refunded in some way. If the service is not provided by one of the parties due to intentional or unintentional delays, it is THEIR responsibility to accomodate or refund the other party in some way.

Now what pisses us of, is that Blizz says "ohhh yea...sorry about that..." and then continue to take our money. I understand about server problems, and I am not complaining about the time delay. What I do have a problem with is them not giving us something in return.

My solution, give us 1 day gametime (like you used to back in vanilla). Simple, fair. Amirite?

I'd rather get rep or valor. 1 day of game time is really not very much for us, but expensive for them. A nice chunk of valor points or faction rep (maybe of my own choice) costs them nothing and is worth a lot to us in the game.
if the reason for the extended maintenance is cleaning up the pvp ladder, then great. anything else, please fire whoever is in charge of planning the DT and maintenance procedures, because he sucks at his job.

with 10 million users affected by his screwup i don't see it any other way.

Issue 1, you use the term "he". How do you know it is not a woman? You shouldn't be sexist.
2nd: someone needs to repost the terms of use. It isn't a screwup. They're doing what they need to do. It is part of the terms of use and for those who complain that they want reimbursement, deal with it. You signed on to this. Don't go into something without reading the fine print. They are well within their rights.

You're wasting your text, they wont listen.

Especially considering their post outright says so, "...I don't see it any other way."

/sigh

Some people's children.
Yay, missed out on Galleon due to inaccurate up-time for servers. Now I get to wait several days and hope I am on at the random time.
really, uptime isnt the biggest issue here, its about punctuality and profit margins. somehow they seem to roll headlong into each other with unsatisfied customers and disgruntled employees. i begin to see the trolling being more justifable now and im rarely in towns because of it, but when is enough,enough?(is it time for me to be chosen to fill out a survey now?)
11/13/2012 02:09 PMPosted by Dontcarebear
I just want a monkey and a friend for the monkey...

You can go grind friend status with Chee Chee - will that work? Oh, wait... only if the server is up.
I don't understand how hard is it to keep the times they you say your going to do 1 hour becomes 3 hours 3 hours becomes 8 hours when is it going to stop i have been playing this game for 7 years and i still don't understand why it takes so long to fix something.

You've two points there. Fix the problem according to their time and do it quickly.

Problem 1: Would you rather them put a 12 hour expectation and then get it done early to "keep to the times"?

Problem 2: Would you rather them give you back a game that lacks sufficient maintenance? People always cry for something to be fixed and yet when they get around to it, complaints.
Thanks For the update! Back to sleep I go.
11/13/2012 02:10 PMPosted by Groid
this is absolutely correct, wow is one of the few things i know of where your not getting what your paying for and everyone just lays down and takes it, i've known about this for years and typically call in to ask the to refund my time which they do because there is no excuse for what is basically stealing from the hand that feeds you. Its on us as a community to demand a better system and stay on them about this, honestly this should be a main forum topic at all times

If you honestly think that extending maintenance when things don't go as planned is stealing, then you are beyond unreasonable and you're incapable of having a valid opinion.
Extended Maintenance.
Over the course of the years of gaming in WoW, Blizzard has extended maintenance time and time again...

Taking into account that you perform extended maintenance at least twice a month every month, that means paying customers are losing, on average, 48 hours a month of their paid subscriptions.

This amounts to 24 days a year of lost subscription time.

So, by paying 12 months of subscriptions, we actually are only getting 11 months and 6 days.

The rest of that additional months time is just gone.

I think it's time Blizzard starts either getting their job done on time, every time, or start paying us back for our lost time.

Now some of you will say... "But it's only a couple of hours."

While, at the time, that may very well be true, but then if you look at the bigger picture, that statement is very untrue.

24 days of lost time is hardly a "couple of hours".

So, let's talk reimbursement.

How about it Blizzard?

Will you start finishing on time, or are you going to start giving back to your paying customers for the time you keep taking from us without proper explaination?

I need to quote this guy, not sure if he's in this thread, but I really hope people aren't this naive.

They add downtime to the end of everyone's subscriptions, and have done so for a very long time.
god this is so true, and then you see that you have just wasted $15 on a munth that you couldn't even play. that's just one person but if think about the millions of people who play then that $15 adds up to blizzard taking a vacation for a month while we pay for it.
@Direbane
True enough. Really should learn to avoid the forums. (=.=)
Hmmmm...Very Interesting Reading

Let me begin by stating I am a 6 plus yr. player and 60 yrs. old, and I laugh at most of the forum comments made regarding the game, but I would like to make a constructive comment regarding the maintenance issue. People, in general, must deal w/ 3 possibilities when seeking information - Good News, Bad news, or No News.
Good News - thinking there might be regular maintenance (pre-announced or otherwise) and finding out it's just a 15 minute restart - Hooray!
Bad News - finding out there is regular maintenance (unannounced) or having any maintenance extended beyond posted estimate - sucks, and reactions will vary, but at least you "know" what's happening.
No News - People , in general, HATE not having info....and in many cases, no news is much worse than bad news. I have noticed that , just prior to MoP release and ever since, maintenance of any kind is rarely announced ahead of time, certainly not like before.
Personally, I am more frustrated by checking the screen late on a Monday night, seeing no post, & then finding out when I wake up that regular maintenance is scheduled, than I am from extended maintenance issues (which I assume are unforeseen).
To be brief, ppl. like good news, they react differently regarding bad news, but NOBODY can STAND dealing w/ No News.

P.S. - stop whining about dailies please & read the Blue Posts - you ragers remind me of someone going to a 300 course Buffet, eating 1 1/2 helpings of everything, then complaining to the management that you have an upset stomach - Really people?