Heart of Fear Raid Finder Loot Issue Hotfixed

General Discussion
Prev 1 19 20 21 48 Next
I have an update for characters that experienced this issue. Those characters have been given two Elder Charms of Good Fortune. Those charms will be added the next time those characters login.
11/15/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Faelar
I understand the frustration of this situation, but I don't think most people understand that Blizz really does not know what loot you were *supposed" to get. There is no log because you didn't receive it. Software doesn't record what might have happened - it records what does happen. So since none of you took possession of the loot, there was no commit, no transaction or record in the database. So they don't know what to restore - they really don't. They only thing they could go on is what you said you were supposed to receive (or screenshots) which it appears they've chosen not to do. But there's really no way for them to know what you should have received.

Prove it with a blue post. If it displays a box to use showing what item we would have received then I believe there has been a notation of that item somewhere. They have internal logs and I am quite sure they know.

exactly. to get that box it means you must have defeated the boss, physically done an internal roll for loot, then accessed loot tables to determine what to receive. Also the fact that a message is popping up on your screen, so some script somewhere has been created to do this. There is no way none of this is just simply not known/logged
11/15/2012 04:09 PMPosted by Kìrä
What i now want to know is why are some people getting coins and some arent? How do blizzard justify that?

Wish I knew. I just got 2 coins as well. No notification through in game mail or anything. Just saw them in my chat log.
After rerrunning lfr to try get my healing mace and spending every coin doing so to no avail, i'm really curious, has anyone ever got loot when rerunning lfr? i'm starting to wonder if that use of the coins even works.
11/15/2012 04:11 PMPosted by Rygarius
I have an update for characters that experienced this issue. Those characters have been given two Elder Charms of Good Fortune. Those charms will be added the next time those characters login.

Any word about our items? Or is this the only solution that we will be getting to this?

And for those, like me, who didn't get Elder Charms in spite of being locked out of Amber-Shaper's loot?
Faelar: The elder charms are a much better reward, this more than makes up for the lost chances for sigils.

Shaeylla: Relog, give it a few minutes, if you still don't have them submit a ticket.
Faelar: The elder charms are a much better reward, this more than makes up for the lost chances for sigils.

Shaeylla: Relog, give it a few minutes, if you still don't have them submit a ticket.

Uhhhhh no. It isn't even close. I'd take my guranteed win of tier legs over 2 chances to win an item any day of the week. I don't even want tokens I just want the item I won. Simple as that.
wait so if i got saved by wipe but still defeated the boss do i still get them or no?
You get charms which you can use on the boss if your choice, on the difficulty of your choice. The chance of loot is the same as if you were killing the boss for the first time. You can use them on the same two bosses if you'd like, or on some others. I'm going to be using mine for more chances on heroic loot.
I submitted a ticket to ask for my loot, and got a canned response thanking me for reporting the bug. They marked it as closed so I couldn't reopen it, so I submitted another ticket, referencing my first, making it clear that I wanted my item, and attaching a screenshot. Guess what? Same canned response. I reopened the ticket (since it wasn't closed this time), reattached the screenshot, and asked for the item again. We'll see if they actually read it this time.

If my screenshot isn't sufficient evidence (why wouldn't it be with all the watermarks?) to get my item, then I don't know what to say.

Edit: So they gave me this response...

I did some research on your raid to see if you needed loot. I have both good news and bad news about this encounter. The good news is that you appear to have earned some loot from Un'sok! :D The bad news is that they turned my pet spiny boar, Porcuswine, into amber. :O We are all lesser for the loss of my companion, but I've sent the 28 gold and 50 silver that you earned to your inbox. Hopefully this will help you deal with the passing of Porcuswine.

Wow.

Awesome thanks for resolving this issue :)

This won't go over well.
Got my tokens and I'm satisfied since I didn't lose anything but a sack of gold and some time waiting for the hotfix. I can understand why others may not be happy with the outcome though.
Honestly if Bliz doesn't know you didn't win the loot and they had a bug in the same scenario. Give the customer the benefit of the doubt. Give them what they asked for. I asked for the plate shoulders because that's what it showed I won. If I was lying I would have asked for Tier tokens. Customer Service 101

I hope its a good sign I haven't received the aforementioned tokens. This would not be the resolution I am interested in.

So, did we have to file a complaint / GM ticket to actually get these coins? I went into LFR the first day, was saved to Amber Shaper w/o a kill, and did LFR a few days later after the Hotfix.

I just logged in, and have not received any coins for this screw up.
11/15/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Daltin

So, did we have to file a complaint / GM ticket to actually get these coins? I went into LFR the first day, was saved to Amber Shaper w/o a kill, and did LFR a few days later after the Hotfix.

same

I have the same issue, I was just saved to Amber Shaper, and haven't recieved any tokens.

I am in the same boat as you. Got saved to him yesterday without killing him, killed him today and I couldn't receive the tier token that dropped for me because I was saved.