Auction House in Shrine of 7 Stars/2Moons

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 15 Next
10/29/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Skesh
pro tip: Mobile Auction house is free and if you don't have a smart phone you can access the auction house through the website and do your auctions there. Just log out, wait a minute and sell your stuff on the AH. You can also sell stuff from your bank and mail box so you can put it in your bank in 2 moons and then sell it later when you have time and aren't logged in.

When did they make this free? I knew you could *see* auctions, but last time I checked there was a $5/month fee to list new auctions on it.
10/29/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Odietamo
guildie was telling me that Cloak of Coordination and Wrap of Unity(I'm wearing WoU), do *not* share cooldowns

Why even bother with that? There are portals to every major city in the shrines.
Blizz: Hey guys we don't want you standing in SW/ORG all day. Instead we want you out and about in Pandaria enjoying the new continent!

Players: Hey blizz can you add a AH to the new city so we don't have to constantly port back to SW/ORG to visit the AH?

Blizz: No, go back to SW/ORG.

Okay, so let's remove the auction houses from all major cities and have a floating auction house that meanders around Pandaria (maybe with a ladder so peeps that can't fly can still get in) and you have to ask in trade/general chat where it is!

You can get on a kite and fly there, but the kite will fly you through a random and totally inefficient pathway to get there -- aka the "scenic route."
Having everyone hang out in Stormwind and Orgrimmar is not "spreading out the population."

If Blizzard truly wanted to spread people out, give the abandoned racial capitals the love they need. I would happily use Darnassus, Exodar, or Ironforge for my AH needs if those cities had portals, ink traders, and convenient mailboxes near the AH. How much time would that really take a developer to implement?
10/29/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
guildie was telling me that Cloak of Coordination and Wrap of Unity(I'm wearing WoU), do *not* share cooldowns

Why even bother with that? There are portals to every major city in the shrines.

I am still shocked at how many people do not know that the new city has portals.

I would venture to guess, that many people still don't know that it's best to set your hearth to the new city, and port back to use the AH, then hearth back to Pandaria.
I find that Shrine is too inconvenient. Everything is pretty spread apart and no mounts allowed. My hearth will remain Orgrimmar for convenience, with only my farming alt being stationed in Shrine.
You can also get the ring that lets you port to Dalaran, take the portal to Org from there and then hearth back to Shrine when you're done.
10/29/2012 03:57 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

So you dont even need to go back to the Shrine
Having everyone hang out in Stormwind and Orgrimmar is not "spreading out the population."

If Blizzard truly wanted to spread people out, give the abandoned racial capitals the love they need. I would happily use Darnassus, Exodar, or Ironforge for my AH needs if those cities had portals, ink traders, and convenient mailboxes near the AH. How much time would that really take a developer to implement?

The only reason to not use other cities is if you want to whine about mailbox placement. The city setup is the same now as it was in Wrath. You set your hearth at the Shrine > pick a portal to go to the city you want to use an AH > hearth back.
Blizz: Hey guys we don't want you standing in SW/ORG all day. Instead we want you out and about in Pandaria enjoying the new continent!

Players: Hey blizz can you add a AH to the new city so we don't have to constantly port back to SW/ORG to visit the AH?

Okay, so let's remove the auction houses from all major cities and have a floating auction house that meanders around Pandaria (maybe with a ladder so peeps that can't fly can still get in) and you have to ask in trade/general chat where it is!

You can get on a kite and fly there, but the kite will fly you through a random and totally inefficient pathway to get there -- aka the "scenic route."

This is such a rad idea.
10/29/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Ginx

Doesn't have to specifically be SW/ORG... Can be any city other than the shrines, or remote AH. As well, the non SW/ORG cities are no longer empty of players.
10/29/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Odinmär

Well okay if you want to replace a bad system with a worse system. Personally I think it would just be easier and make 1000x more sense just to add a new AH to the new city instead of funneling us back to SW/ORG, which is the exact opposite of what they've stated several hundred times about wanting us out of SW/ORG and spending more time in Pandaria.
10/29/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Odinmär

I propose a walking Refrigerator. When you open it, killer vegetables swarm you. If you manage to kill them you are teleported to a mystical Warehouse. You have to lick the glass and touch the sky before you are teleported into your own heart. In your heart is a black stone of sadness. You strike the stone with your weapon and fall into the abyss. In the abyss you must follow the gugs into Ryleh, you must invoke He who must not be named, the King in Yellow... and when you defeat him, the AH is in his grave, but all the items are translated to the Faceless language. Gul'kafh An'shel.
The silly part of it is how the portal from the major cities goes to Jade Forest and there's no portal back to the Shrine.

It's fine to have the AH not in the Shrine, but having the portal be a 3-4 minute flight from the shrine, and then having the valor/justice vendors and dailies spread out all over Pandaria makes it kind of mindlessly inconvenient.

I guess it "gets you back out into the world", but it does it by being inconvenient rather than by providing a fun incentive.

People saying, "Just park an alt"--what's the point of the whole system then? If it's as simple as parking an alt and using insta-mail, why not cut out the weird middle-man all together?
10/29/2012 04:02 PMPosted by Quintzaker
Doesn't have to specifically be SW/ORG...

Sure it can be SW/ORG or any city that's a complete barren wasteland instead of just putting a AH in Pandaria where they said they wanted us to be spending our time.
I have finally maintained 10k+ gold and broken 20k. The temptations are away O.O

Edit:Lolgrammer>.>
Doesn't have to specifically be SW/ORG...

Sure it can be SW/ORG or any city that's a complete barren wasteland instead of just putting a AH in Pandaria where they said they wanted us to be spending our time.

Well, all my 85+ characters spend 99.999% of their time in Pandaria, except when I go back to the old worlds for pet battles.. They don't even go back to use the AH, usually.

Even for pet battles, I have 2 60+ characters on two other realms..

10/29/2012 04:04 PMPosted by Bakudanya
The silly part of it is how the portal from the major cities goes to Jade Forest and there's no portal back to the Shrine.

I want to see things like, a portal to/from Darnassus/Thunder bluff to/from Krasarang Wilds...
I don't want an AH in Pandaria. Populations of SW & Orgrimmar should always be higher than any Padaren city/village.