Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP

General Discussion
Prev 1 185 186 187 222 Next
11/13/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Hanjha
Not that this matters. I might as well be typing this in brail with the attention span these children have.
Could it be? Has he finally realized that trying to change the opinion of others by insulting them and repeating the same tired arguments is an exercise in futility? Perhaps he got both of his brain cells to function at the same time? It's a Christmas miracle a month early!

Hopefully, if you are lucky. One day when you're a grown up you will see someone with an inability to use logic as chronically as you have demonstrated.

I hope you remember this post.

Wow are you seriously asking me to justify why I want the VP gear? Cause Im not going to.

I have time to play. But I want to have FUN when I play. Dailies are not fun for me.

And yes dailies are a game killer for me. Because as soon as that wall hit me in the face, all I could think of is the numbers of months I'd have to do them on my main and my alts.

Yes I am. And why not? It's a valid question.

Then don't do dailies? The VP gear is not at all REQUIRED to enter the raids (Aka the ONLY thing you can use associated VP PVE gear FOR.) I have one piece of VP gear between my two specs, as do most of my guild mates. This was from Golden lotus, so ONE grinded faction. (although I have grinded them all except half of celestials so far). That ONE piece of loot was upgraded by a lucky galleon drop the next day (A world boss that requires NO skill, just the luck or time to be online at the same time). Yet I am 2/6 heroic MV alongside my guildmates, and 6/6 normal HoF. You do not NEED the VP gear. They have just downsized the importance of VP gear - if anything the second you step into normal HoF any VP gear is instantaneously replaced. So yes, this is all a cry out for 489 epics to be HANDED OUT to casuals so they can have some purples on their backs; which they probably won't even really want to actually use in progressing through raids. As Fearom stated before, the requirements (not even the MINIMUM) for normal MV is a full set of 463 gear. aka heroic dungeon gear. My guild progressed 6/6 Normal MV with about 1 epic per person - mainly 476s or 470s from Headless horsemen. It CAN be done.

However if you're going to tell me you want VP gear for another reason other than raids, throw it at me, please, because I can't see a justification for it. Dungeons and LFRs are very doable in blues.
11/13/2012 09:47 PMPosted by Därkly
Could it be? Has he finally realized that trying to change the opinion of others by insulting them and repeating the same tired arguments is an exercise in futility? Perhaps he got both of his brain cells to function at the same time? It's a Christmas miracle a month early!

stop feeding him lol
Alright I will, I need sleep anyway. Night Darkly :)
11/13/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Fearom

Hopefully, if you are lucky. One day when you're a grown up you will see someone with an inability to use logic as chronically as you have demonstrated.

I hope you remember this post.

I do, and this one:

You are just a troll. You have no argument other than the following:

"whaaaaaaaaaa wwwwwhhaaaaaaaaaaa"

You do not make a good case.
There's 3600 posts in 2 days and the thread is still live. I would like to have been able to read them all and respond accordingly, but that's not feasible...

That said, here's my 2 cents (worth exactly that little)... The premise of the OP's post is that ilvl is his primary concern. Any claim that valor gear locked behind rep gates forces mandatory dailies to increase ilvl lacks any merit whatsoever.

The valor reward system, as you may note, only lets you accrue 1000 points per week. This is simply to -supplement- your gear progression when the RNG is being unkind. It is not intended, nor designed to, be an independent means of gear progression, and it never has been. In fact, gearing up solely, or even primarily, through the valor point system would be absolutely inconsistent with concerns about ilvl progression, since it can be accomplished much faster via raid drops or crafted gear.

489 is not currently the highest ilvl in the game. But, if your only concern is ilvl, then any disadvantage from the rep gates is a temporary condition until he fills all his slots with 496, 502, and 509 gear. You -certainly- do -not- need a full set of 489, or anything approaching that, to progress. The encounter difficulties in WoW raiding scale on a much gentler slope than that.

You could easily progress through every MoP raid without ever running a single daily. The rep gate system is simply a minor setback to any person seeking to raise their ilvl. The OP's claims, while genuinely expressing a frustration felt by many, is simply overblown.

Personally, I virtually never ran dailies pre-MoP, with one exception (ToC dailies for Crusader). Now, I run them all the time - I can see the appeal, although they're still not my favorite. When a certain faction gets tedious, I stop for a while... Just like every other aspect of WoW.

-Bale

I like you. :)
11/13/2012 09:27 PMPosted by Keppet
You're suggesting to people to chase gear 26 ilvls lower than rep gear. I don't think people doing full clears of Dragon Soul often liked the idea of running Blackwing Descent for the drops, and much preferred running dungeons for VP to buy gear of a better ilvl. People didn't run Kara for the drops when they were full clearing Black Temple either. It's just kind of insulting.

Not really. When you consider that heroic gear can be obtained more quickly (no cap on how often you do randoms) you can easily get geared enough through that and a couple weeks of lfr (not that you even really need that) quickly, to get into raids. Yes, it might seem to you like they'd be chasing gear lower than rep gear, but they'd be getting themselves into the content they say they want the rep gear for; content that drops the same level epics as rep gear.

This isn't a case of raiding something lower while able to raid something higher. This is a case of wanting raid level gear without stepping foot in a raid, more quickly and easily than raiding.

We can already get into the content we want VERY easily. This isn't about content being blocked, but about a lack of worthwhile content to do when I log into the game. Sure I could chase upgrades to my 450 items (cloak, pants, ring), but it's a waste of time since I'll just replace it in the content I'm already clearing or buy it with JP the instant next tier drops on live.

WoW had a great system going for over 2 expansions now that provided long-term incentive to run dungeons. MoP ditched that, so now there is no incentive to run dungeons. That doesn't seem like a good thing.

Wow are you seriously asking me to justify why I want the VP gear? Cause Im not going to.

I have time to play. But I want to have FUN when I play. Dailies are not fun for me.

And yes dailies are a game killer for me. Because as soon as that wall hit me in the face, all I could think of is the numbers of months I'd have to do them on my main and my alts.

Yes I am. And why not? It's a valid question.

Then don't do dailies? The VP gear is not at all REQUIRED to enter the raids (Aka the ONLY thing you can use associated VP PVE gear FOR.) I have one piece of VP gear between my two specs, as do most of my guild mates. This was from Golden lotus, so ONE grinded faction. (although I have grinded them all except half of celestials so far). That ONE piece of loot was upgraded by a lucky galleon drop the next day (A world boss that requires NO skill, just the luck or time to be online at the same time). Yet I am 2/6 heroic MV alongside my guildmates, and 6/6 normal HoF. You do not NEED the VP gear. They have just downsized the importance of VP gear - if anything the second you step into normal HoF any VP gear is instantaneously replaced. So yes, this is all a cry out for 489 epics to be HANDED OUT to casuals so they can have some purples on their backs; which they probably won't even really want to actually use in progressing through raids. As Fearom stated before, the requirements (not even the MINIMUM) for normal MV is a full set of 463 gear. aka heroic dungeon gear. My guild progressed 6/6 Normal MV with about 1 epic per person - mainly 476s or 470s from Headless horsemen. It CAN be done.

However if you're going to tell me you want VP gear for another reason other than raids, throw it at me, please, because I can't see a justification for it. Dungeons and LFRs are very doable in blues.

And now there's a new raid out, with an ilvl requirement that puts it out of reach of anyone not blessed by the RNG gods in LFR of the first available raid. Valor might not technically be required, but it would sure go a long way to making the game not suck for those with crappy RNG luck.
Loved Holy and Bales posts.
11/13/2012 09:48 PMPosted by Fearom
Talks about logic. Thinks he can change the way people feel by telling them they are wrong over and over and insulting them repeatedly.
Tells people to be constructive. Results to insults and general douchbaggery when someone doesn't agree with him.
Alright I'm done I swear it! Oh and Fear, one last thing, people like you are what's wrong with this community and the world in general.
11/13/2012 09:54 PMPosted by Tomaxx
We can already get into the content we want VERY easily. This isn't about content being blocked, but about a lack of worthwhile content to do when I log into the game

Maybe for you, but all I have seen so far is "I can't get my VP gear blah blah blah gated blah blah blah"

Yes, I'm one of the people saying I want my VP gear. VP gear gave a reason to do stuff in the game. I'm a LFR hero now, so I don't have the same problems people do that deal with scheduled raid requirements.

For real raiders, there is a social expectation to do dailies if you want to raid with a serious guild. That's not going to change no matter how often people say the raids can be done without the gear or how true it is. Serious guilds have always required people jump through the hoops.

And now there's a new raid out, with an ilvl requirement that puts it out of reach of anyone not blessed by the RNG gods in LFR of the first available raid. Valor might not technically be required, but it would sure go a long way to making the game not suck for those with crappy RNG luck.

There is a new raid out correct: One which was released for the people keeping up with progressing on the previous TWO raids. You put in the time, you get the goods. There is no ILVL requirement on Normal or even heroic raids, only LFR - and even then its to keep out the fresh 90s that just want to tag along with their 5k hps, 5k dps or 300k health tank set. As for 'crappy rng luck', Out of all my raids, I've gotten less than 5 pieces from my raids. others in my guild are 489 while I'm a measly 474. Thing is: This new raid is designed in the first few weeks for the hard progressing guilds. It is not DESIGNED for everyone to have the gear to be able to compete in it. If you haven't kept up with the past month or so of the expansion, you won't get into this raid till you go through the dungeons, LFRs, Raids like we had to. There's a reason there have been 4 weeks between each raid. I doubt Terrace is meant to be in any way shape or form PUGGABLE till nearer to the END of this tier.