[Blood Spirit] being duped!

Customer Support
About 6 weeks into MoP and allready we're seeing new mats duped. Like what in god's name is going on? Lvl 1 character [snip] on my realm selling stackloads of Blood spirits, and yeh I know character name calling isn't permitted but this is a hacker.

It's just disgusting and ridiculous that the Blizzard Quality Assurance Team cannot stop this nonsense ad hijacking of the wow economy. We buy blood spirits from other players 1-2 at a time so we can craft armor items to sell and overnight there's 100s of those mats being sold by shady lvl 1's for half the price.

Is this some disgruntled fired employee, maybe one of those 650 you laid off, who knows how this works and has access to ways to dupe stuff or what ? I've opened an in game ticket even.

If an mmo takes a sub every month for access to servers "where quality is guaranteed" and private servers areillegal and banned and what not, why can't control it's own environment?

Just disgusted.
If you suspect someone of doing something wrong, right-click their portrait and report for cheating. Posting here is not a way to report someone, nor is opening a ticket.

Also, please leave your tinfoil hat at the door.

11/03/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Maxdps
access to servers "where quality is guaranteed"

There is no guarantee of any level of quality. You are promised access to the realms. Nothing more.
Lvl 1 character (removed) on my realm selling stackloads of Blood spirits, and yeh I know character name calling isn't permitted but this is a hacker.

Regardless if you believe this person to be a hacker or not- rules are rules. Breaking forum TOS is a good way to get a forum vacation.

Madison provided you with correct information. if you suspect them to be cheating, report for cheating and move on.
No such thing as item duping. It's never happened. What you MAY be seeing is items stolen from hacked accounts and/or guild banks. That happens quite frequently, and the account thieves will often sell stuff really cheap to get as much "right now" gold as they can before Blizzard locks the account.
Edit the name out of your post please. It is not allowed on the forums. We as players do not get to determine who is a hacker/botter/cheater and then post the name. You can report someone you suspect and then let blizzard take it from there. Putting names on here can really do damage to someones rep if their account is hacked and they are not the ones in control of the character.

Items cannot be duped. They can be obtain thru hacking, cheating, botting whatever but it is not possible for items to be duplicated in game.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4885868541?page=1#2
While it is entirely possible to gain items through exploitation as well as gather items on or with compromised accounts, these items are not being "duped", per se.

11/03/2012 06:56 AMPosted by Maxdps
I've opened an in game ticket even.

Then why did you make this post? You cannot report things via the forums. There is no forum for rants or complaints. This a player to player assist forum with blizzard moderation. They do not forward you complaints/rants. You are just spinning your wheels by posting here.
This:

11/03/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Madisón
If you suspect someone of doing something wrong, right-click their portrait and report for cheating

And this - and it happens as a result of gold buyers, power levelers, and account security issues:

No such thing as item duping. It's never happened. What you MAY be seeing is items stolen from hacked accounts and/or guild banks.

11/03/2012 09:24 AMPosted by Hermf
No such thing as item duping. It's never happened. What you MAY be seeing is items stolen from hacked accounts and/or guild banks.

._.

You are honestly trying to tell us that two weeks into DS, when only a Madness kill guaranteed an epic gem, a level one selling STACKS of red epic gems got them ALL from stolen and hacked accounts? Not to mention players who sold countless Crimson Deathchargers? They ALL came from hacked accounts?
Crimson Deathchargers are different, but it's still not a dupe.

Epic Gems/Blood Spirits are frequently stocked up by high end guilds and individual players, so it's not rare for one person/guild to have many that they have purchased for a low price off AH.
They are definitely being duped. Some level 1 guy on my server has been selling them all day at 4k-5k each. He must have sold hundreds. Suddenly 496 crafted gear is cheap on the AH.
11/03/2012 02:14 PMPosted by Valmyr
They are definitely being duped. Some level 1 guy on my server has been selling them all day at 4k-5k each. He must have sold hundreds. Suddenly 496 crafted gear is cheap on the AH.

That's proof that they aren't legitimately gained, but not proof that they are duped. There are other explanations for how those were acquired beyond duping.

If today I am broke, and tomorrow I have a million dollars, that's not proof that I'm counterfeiting. I could have stolen the money, or scammed some old widow out of it. Either way, I'm a criminal, and should be dealt with.

Report the suspicious behavior, but leave out the speculation. If there is a problem, Blizzard will deal with it in the most appropriate way.
11/03/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Mokti

That's proof that they aren't legitimately gained, but not proof that they are duped. There are other explanations for how those were acquired beyond duping.

If today I am broke, and tomorrow I have a million dollars, that's not proof that I'm counterfeiting. I could have stolen the money, or scammed some old widow out of it. Either way, I'm a criminal, and should be dealt with.

Report the suspicious behavior, but leave out the speculation. If there is a problem, Blizzard will deal with it in the most appropriate way.

Sorry, I can't stretch my credulity so far as to believe they are all stolen. Raids haven't been out that long for people to get that many, so there weren't enough to steal in the first place. I am talking about this guy spamming for 10+ hours on my server (he's still going strong). Meanwhile, a zillion other people have bought his Blood Spirits and are also spamming for crafters to make the stuff for them. AH prices on these crafted items have dropped drastically.

And this is just my server. There are lots of people reporting the same thing on their servers. Now I can't believe that every single WoW account that had spirits was hacked. It could only have been some tiny fraction, and given how raids have been out for about a month (4 resets or so), and given that Blood Spirits are a rare D/E item even from epics, it seems pretty darn unlikely to me that these are all stolen.
11/03/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Valmyr
it seems pretty darn unlikely to me that these are all stolen.

Your suspicions, quite frankly, don't matter.

What you're seeing is something suspicious. Report it, and Blizzard will take it from there.

WHY it's happening (or how) isn't really any of your business - and speculating on it only serves to fuel rumors.
"Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle."
11/03/2012 03:14 PMPosted by Valmyr
Sorry, I can't stretch my credulity so far as to believe they are all stolen.

So, the countless times that Blizzard reps have said that there is no physical way to duplicate items, they were all just blowing smoke? Every single one of them lied? The fact that it's not physically possible to do in a game that they help run, is just a sham?
11/03/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Haytore
do you really think that a Blizzard employee would be permitted to say anything else?

Considering that they've been fairly explicit about previous exploits (including the "kill anything" server command exploit that turned capital cities into boneyards)... yes, I do.
"Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
So, the countless times that Blizzard reps have said that there is no physical way to duplicate items, they were all just blowing smoke? Every single one of them lied? The fact that it's not physically possible to do in a game that they help run, is just a sham?

Just to play devil's advocate here, for a moment, do you really think that a Blizzard employee would be permitted to say anything else?
That is irrelevant. When there was an issue of the servers getting hacked with the insta-kill exploit, we were notified of it and the realms were shut down until a fix could be installed. Do you not think they would do the same thing here if it were duping?
It was answered better by Pah, but yeah, I really do think they would. They tend to tell us when crap is going on.

Slightly OT, but Pah, sometimes, your random quote generator picks something absolutely fitting.

Thats because their are billions of dollars in circulation.

Their are not billions of blood spirits or in the case of DS billions of gems by week 3.

By week 3 of DS their where enough red gems for sale on a server that had 3 x 10 man guilds that had killed DW that it would have taken every single gem from the last 3 weeks from 10 combined 25 man guilds just to meet 1 days sales. Did you see the cries from dozens of guild that their gbanks had been hacked? no.

Blizzard has a narrow definition of duping and posts that they are not dupes, That does not mean the items are produced legitimately. In the case of your million dollars the guy worked in the currency factory and run the machines for an extra hour.

Gov. No this money is not counterfeit. Everybody else, Oh that means it was stolen, oh that's ok then.
11/03/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Mate
Did you see the cries from dozens of guild that their gbanks had been hacked? no.
Actually, there were plenty that posted about having the contents of their GBanks stolen by a member who then quit the guild and server transferred.
I have yet to see anyone, ever, say that using an exploit to gain something in a game is okay. You choose to call it a "narrow definition". I'd say it would be the actual definition. They are not able to make something out of thin air.

This is similar to when people throw out the term "Ninja". It is not physically possible to either "ninja" or "dupe". Game mechanics do not allow for it, and Blizzard wants people to understand that.

Bottom line, if you think someone is exploiting the economy, right-click and report them for cheating.