Conquest Point Cap Increase

Arenas
1 2 3 10 Next
UPDATE: We're aware not all players received the updated Conquest caps with today's maintenance, and we're working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

To help everyone keep up with the upcoming system in 5.1 that will allow you to upgrade your Conquest gear with Conquest Points, a hotfix is being implemented very soon that will raise the Conquest Point caps:

At 1500 rating, the Arena Conquest Cap will now be 1800 (up from 1350), while the Rated Battleground Conquest cap will be 2200 (up from 1650). As always, when your rating increases, so will your cap.

Plan accordingly!
Oh.
yes? I'll take it?
this..is...awesome!
11/05/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Demonae
Guess they want people in CP gear in 4 weeks and not 3 months.

Which is actually strange to me, because if you're decent you won't have to wait 3 months.
11/05/2012 06:54 PMPosted by Tietoso
WHAT ABOUT VALOR POINTS!

already updated weeks ago.
11/05/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Wolvomo
Guess they want people in CP gear in 4 weeks and not 3 months.

Which is actually strange to me, because if you're decent you won't have to wait 3 months.

Ah, if only being "decent" could get you anywhere in the mess that is PvP atm. Last I knew "skill" was at the bottom of the totem pole when it came to being successful in the abomination the devs released unto us.
Do we get more from arena wins to compensate for this added cap? :-\
This is awesome.

Does very soon mean it might make it in before the tick over tonight?

As well, will the CP calculator be updated soon to reflect the new values?
YAY!
k
Silly people. This isn't awesome. In 5.1, you grind the set and then you grind the upgrades. The two levels of upgrade will cost you 1500 conquest per item slot, in addition to the item's regular cost. For example, chest base cost is 2200 CP, then add two upgrades at 750 CP each, and the final chest cost is 3700 CP.

Great, so you can earn more CP, but an item's cost almost doubled.

What does that ultimately mean to you? More grinding per week, and you still won't gear up faster. Want to gear up an alt? Ha ha ha. Kiss that goodbye. You'll never keep up.

Don't applaud this change. Curse it.
I applaud the change. faster gearing up and something to spend excess conquest on. plus, it'll be super nice to be able to upgrade my weapon, as a feral who's damage is directly related to the weapon..
11/05/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Daxxarri
a hotfix is being implemented very soon that will raise the Conquest Point caps:

"very soon"

u mean.. in like 3 months?
While more conquest points is helpful, this still doesn't really address alts, latecomers to the season, and offspecs. Simply put, if you are any of these, you may have to forget pvp until next season, as the gap between malev and dreadful was increased by quite a bit when they nerfed dreadful.

Will the amount of conquest earned per win be increased as well?
Please hotfix that we can farm points from random bgs for rbg cap

it is very annoying to find 9 decent people i was at 2315 but my fix group split up and now i have to pug and lost 80 rating in 2 days

this is just annoying and made me nearly quit!!!
11/05/2012 07:27 PMPosted by Thanë

Ah, if only being "decent" could get you anywhere in the mess that is PvP atm. Last I knew "skill" was at the bottom of the totem pole when it came to being successful in the abomination the devs released unto us.

That's true atm actually...