Conquest Point Cap Increase

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
11/06/2012 01:18 AMPosted by Facespace
While more conquest points is helpful, this still doesn't really address alts, latecomers to the season, and offspecs. Simply put, if you are any of these, you may have to forget pvp until next season, as the gap between malev and dreadful was increased by quite a bit when they nerfed dreadful.

It would be nice for some more attention towards people trying to catch up, all to often I finnally find the quality of player (skill wise) for the specific comp I'm playing and he or she doesn't have the gear, which holds us back. I would be willing to commit extra time and effort to the proccess of catching this person up, you just can't.

I do like that upgrading honor gear should be more competitive with unupgraded conquest gear, and that the gear grind now tapers off more, but I still feel that gear has to much of an effect on the outcome of an arena match.

And switching specs mid season is still gearing suicide, unless the spec works on the same gear and weapon type.
Nooo why :(, whats the use of being able to upgrade our gear if you higher the cap, everyone will still have the best gear in 4 weeks ....
11/06/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Tsalera
While more conquest points is helpful, this still doesn't really address alts, latecomers to the season, and offspecs. Simply put, if you are any of these, you may have to forget pvp until next season, as the gap between malev and dreadful was increased by quite a bit when they nerfed dreadful.

It would be nice for some more attention towards people trying to catch up, all to often I finnally find the quality of player (skill wise) for the specific comp I'm playing and he or she doesn't have the gear, which holds us back. I would be willing to commit extra time and effort to the proccess of catching this person up, you just can't.

I think because it's the first season of the expansion the alt gearing problem seems worse. A lot of people are still levelling alts and just aren't putting as much time into arena because of all the other stuff that's going on.

Regarding offspec's and latecomers, imo they should start from the bottom like everyone else. It's not too late for latecomers to get caught up, especially if the team has a decent rating.
So if i only do arena and normal bgs, will i be able to earn 1800 for the week if I can get my arena rating to 1500? I don't get to run RBGs.

Edit:
nvm, sorry just re-read it. 2200 is what you'll get if you RGB.
In other news, the 1000 VP cap (which is already impossible to get to even with the WHOAH 40 PT INCREASE TO 1 DUNGEON A DAY) is going to remain the same, cause " That is working as inteded."
Then it's time to up CP given for random bg wins. It takes on average about an hour per win so the only people who can get max cq are people obsessively farm it for 20+ hrs a week currently, or bots. While current arena takes about an hour to cap.

Also, winning a random bg should give a lesser charm.
Horray! :D
RBG and Arena cap should be the same at x rating. That is all. This new change will just widen the gap between arena and RBG cap.
Then it's time to up CP given for random bg wins. It takes on average about an hour per win so the only people who can get max cq are people obsessively farm it for 20+ hrs a week currently, or bots. While current arena takes about an hour to cap.

Also, winning a random bg should give a lesser charm.

Agree with first part.

Disagree with second part. Lesser charm from BGs, I fear it would only bring in even more bots and PvE players bots as well who are too tired of doing dailies.
more grinding to keep u fools stay in the game

typical blizzard approach to keep sub
Is there a weekly max cap for both? Like how much CP max you can obtain in a week?
The immediate result of this change will be...

Players will use Arenas to gear up for raids again. Like what happened before, in Cataclysm, if I am not mistaken. And it was something Blizzard already had to change.

PVP gear is now viable for PVE. And people will realize that, and stop grinding reputation and stop doing PVE content.

I think that, once again, Blizzard is at a loss with what to do in regards to PVP affecting PVE and vice versa.
Silly people. This isn't awesome. In 5.1, you grind the set and then you grind the upgrades. The two levels of upgrade will cost you 1500 conquest per item slot, in addition to the item's regular cost. For example, chest base cost is 2200 CP, then add two upgrades at 750 CP each, and the final chest cost is 3700 CP.

Great, so you can earn more CP, but an item's cost almost doubled.

What does that ultimately mean to you? More grinding per week, and you still won't gear up faster. Want to gear up an alt? Ha ha ha. Kiss that goodbye. You'll never keep up.

Don't applaud this change. Curse it.

At least someone gets it. People get so happy with every single change Blizz makes that they don't take time to think what the change really means. All a bigger cap means is more grinding, they're not increasing the amount you get from a win. And this won't really help anyone gear faster since even after you get all your gear you'll have to upgrade it to stand a chance (not positive on this but if Blizz follows suit like with Ruthless gear to Cataclysmic gear it will be necessary). So everyone can get "full" conquest gear faster, but overall it's going to take longer to get the top gear.
11/06/2012 05:51 AMPosted by Brokenland

I think because it's the first season of the expansion the alt gearing problem seems worse. A lot of people are still levelling alts and just aren't putting as much time into arena because of all the other stuff that's going on.

Regarding offspec's and latecomers, imo they should start from the bottom like everyone else. It's not too late for latecomers to get caught up, especially if the team has a decent rating.

The problem with the current system is it rewards you strictly off of how much you play and how early you started playing, and skill to a very small degree as you get a higher cap as you progress. Latecomers will always be guaranteed to be however many weeks behind and it's annoying.

I leveled my pally first and then decided I didn't like Blizz's changes to Shockadin at 90 so I leveled my mage up. Now since I didn't level my mage first and she was 2 weeks behind on getting conquest points I can never catch players who decided to PvP with their first toon gear wise. I'd be perfectly fine with this if gear didn't play the insanely huge role that it does in PvP. Unfortunately, especially with the introduction of PvP Power, even having a few less pieces, or a few pieces that are a tier under your opponent puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I completely agree they should start from the bottom, welfare epics are one of my most hated features in the game, but I don't like that you're forced to start at the bottom and no matter how good you are, no matter how much effort you put in, no matter what you do you can never overcome those players who all they did was start playing a couple weeks earlier than you did.

Yes you can raise your cap by getting a higher rating, this is meant to be between players of approximately the same skill/rating.

The problem with the current system is it rewards you strictly off of how much you play and how early you started playing, and skill to a very small degree as you get a higher cap as you progress. Latecomers will always be guaranteed to be however many weeks behind and it's annoying.

I leveled my pally first and then decided I didn't like Blizz's changes to Shockadin at 90 so I leveled my mage up. Now since I didn't level my mage first and she was 2 weeks behind on getting conquest points I can never catch players who decided to PvP with their first toon gear wise. I'd be perfectly fine with this if gear didn't play the insanely huge role that it does in PvP. Unfortunately, especially with the introduction of PvP Power, even having a few less pieces, or a few pieces that are a tier under your opponent puts you at a huge disadvantage.

I completely agree they should start from the bottom, welfare epics are one of my most hated features in the game, but I don't like that you're forced to start at the bottom and no matter how good you are, no matter how much effort you put in, no matter what you do you can never overcome those players who all they did was start playing a couple weeks earlier than you did.

Yes you can raise your cap by getting a higher rating, this is meant to be between players of approximately the same skill/rating.

None of that is a reason why you are unable to break 1600 in any bracket over almost 1000 games played. As a human mage.
Silly people. This isn't awesome. In 5.1, you grind the set and then you grind the upgrades. The two levels of upgrade will cost you 1500 conquest per item slot, in addition to the item's regular cost. For example, chest base cost is 2200 CP, then add two upgrades at 750 CP each, and the final chest cost is 3700 CP.

Great, so you can earn more CP, but an item's cost almost doubled.

What does that ultimately mean to you? More grinding per week, and you still won't gear up faster. Want to gear up an alt? Ha ha ha. Kiss that goodbye. You'll never keep up.

Don't applaud this change. Curse it.

The ilvl boost isn't huge, and honestly it gives something to do for the guys playing 2k+ ratings later in the season.

Raids have a few levels of completion like that as well, where the lower guilds are happy to have a full set of normal gear by the end of a content cycle, the middle guilds are happy to have a mix of heroic and normal gear, and the high end guilds might just barely have all their guys in full heroic gear by the end.

It'll be the same for PvP now, and there's nothing wrong with that.

The 4-8 ilevels isn't a make or break thing either, so this actually opens up the possibility of getting full epic sets of conquest gear for an alternative spec.

I like the change personally.
This sounds really awesome!