BMAH is boring!

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 14 Next
I was just thinking the other day that, as a gold sink, it just... doesn't. On my server, I see (about) one item per week that gets bid on. So it ends up taking in about 45k/wk. If each item started at zero, average of 2 items per day, each would need to sell for just over 3k to match that. I haven't seen much on there that I am willing to pay 3k for, especially when I have a yak to save up for.
You must have a pool of items that can appear on the BMAH... Unless it's simply everything in certain catagories.
I would not be surprised to see a Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal pop up, and bid-capped within 15 minutes.

.........i wouldnt give it 5 mins
I like to window shop the AH just to see what's on there, even though I've only bid on one item. It was the T3 warrior helm. I bid 13k, but wasn't on when the auction ended so I lost. Oh well. Still fun looking.
Please get rid of the useless trash. So much garbage on their.

Also I would like to more mounts and stuff as well. I have yet to see ANY mount whatsoever on my realm. That is ridiculous. Raise the base price if you must but there should be a mount on their nearly at all times. Some mounts could have the base price of 100k instead of 20k.

I also would like to see these added...
Phosphorescent Stone Drake - with CRZ, it has made farming this 300% harder. So add to the BMAH or greatly increase its spawn chance in deepholm.
Blazing Drake - Have yet to hear this is available. I dont see why it can't be.
Life-Binder's Handmaiden - Same as above
Chromatic Drake - Experiment 12-B, same as above.
Every time something good comes up on my realm, it gold caps. Gear, mounts, old vanity items (ex: Arcanite Ripper). I wish some of us had a chance to get them, but the gold buyers will always win. :(
We had Invincible up on ours a little while back. It sold for 360k. Nice.

But I agree, it's a piece of crap. Still waiting for my paladin's redemption shoulders and nothing. Haven't even seen any of the important tier 3 pieces.

Figures they would add the one unique thing I have to it, though. That being the arcanite ripper. :(
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

I've said it before, I'll say it again: It needs a wider variety of items. Things like Speedy Racer Goggles should be on there starting at lower prices. Any item that is no longer obtainable should be a candidate (with a few exceptions like Atiesh, or Ashbringer).
What would be nice would be the ability to list drops you have come across for a predetermined amount, have a minimum quality requirement like rare or better, no crafted items, maybe even strictly dungeon/raid drops.

And while i know blizzards stance on not forcing people into pvp as many had feared pre-expansion. Why not implement some sort of King of the Hill mechanic, highest bidder on items that have more than say.. 5 bids within X amount of time become attackable to anyone within relative close proximity to BMAH. Arena style so faction ceases to matter. Literally fight for what you want. Those with pool of cash to war over these items, are in my opinion, most likely Not those to complain over such an event and maybe even relish it.
11/05/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Firetøfire
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar.
Yet, the sad part is 99.9999% of the realm cant afford this + its only up once an eternity, no point in trying to snag it if your an average joe. Do something blizzard. And I saw a "white quality pet" on the BMAH for 23G a few days ago, must have been bugged.

I haven't even bothered to find it because of this. I'm doing good to earn my JC mounts. I don't play the AH as much as I should and can't really farm being jc/bs but I do combine for tips etc. I don't consider myself broke by any means but I know the time looking at the BMAH would just be a waste and teasing myself. I've excepted this particular part of the game is meant for the 1%.
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items. One week it might have something like an Enchanted Broom, the next week Ashes of Al'ar. It's completely random, and varies per realm. Certainly there have been items up on a few realms that people hit the bid cap on.

Just keep watching, it's bound to have something you want sooner or later. Only trick is, it'll probably be desirable to other people too. Good luck!

I've said it before, I'll say it again: It needs a wider variety of items. Things like Speedy Racer Goggles should be on there starting at lower prices. Any item that is no longer obtainable should be a candidate (with a few exceptions like Atiesh, or Ashbringer).

NOO. Don't make that suggestion and then say not to put Ashbringer up! >:|
11/05/2012 06:58 PMPosted by Brennvin
The Black Market Auction House features a wide variety of items.

You mean a wide variety of Cat Carrier (Siamese)
11/05/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Liriell
Seriously, who wants to buy an enchanted broom for 10k? Or any other pet that can be bought on just about any realm for under 5k? Breanni needs her meds adjusted or something. And the lack of selection of items to bid on is ridiculous. I have never seen more than 3 items listed at a single time.

Wait... wasn't BMAH supposed to uh.. destroy WoW with the ability to *buy* raid gear. That BMAH would be the new "forced" content for ever guild and everyone would need to have zillions of accounts with 999,999g so you could be the first person / guild to "win" the auction by maxing out the bid?

Now BMAH is ... boring? This isn't hell-ish landscape that was predicted by so many...
11/05/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Xatramin
I can only begin to wish I had the gold to buy anything from the BMAH.

I hear that. Last night, I got the achievement for looting 5,000 gold for the first time. Then I see people running around with twenty thousand gold mounts and I wonder what I am doing wrong.
I use the BMAH for my daily laugh. Lets face it, don't you also laugh when you see the items and the prices?
11/06/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Dwarftude
Seriously, who wants to buy an enchanted broom for 10k? Or any other pet that can be bought on just about any realm for under 5k? Breanni needs her meds adjusted or something. And the lack of selection of items to bid on is ridiculous. I have never seen more than 3 items listed at a single time.

Wait... wasn't BMAH supposed to uh.. destroy WoW with the ability to *buy* raid gear. That BMAH would be the new "forced" content for ever guild and everyone would need to have zillions of accounts with 999,999g so you could be the first person / guild to "win" the auction by maxing out the bid?

Now BMAH is ... boring? This isn't hell-ish landscape that was predicted by so many...

I saw a 496 tailoring pattern for 20k have not seen gear yet. Well, gear at that level. If I did it would probably be 100k
BMAH is not boring. I farmed Eye of Eternity for weeks just to get the Azure Drake. A few weeks ago a friend, who knew I wanted that specific mount, told me it was in the Black Market. I bid on it and now I'm a proud owner of the Azure Drake.

I didn't pay that much money. It cost me 73k gold.

This is a really lame excuse. If it were truly random, then anything could be put up there. But its not random. Its random from a very small list of stuff. A list of stuff you guys picked. And its cluttered up by stuff that has no business being on the BMAH. Specifically, argent tourny pets or other easily obtainable pets.

But you ignored that point he raised and went off on a technicality tangent. Very rude.

This is a really lame excuse. If it were truly random, then anything could be put up there. But its not random. Its random from a very small list of stuff. A list of stuff you guys picked. And its cluttered up by stuff that has no business being on the BMAH. Specifically, argent tourny pets or other easily obtainable pets.

But you ignored that point he raised and went off on a technicality tangent. Very rude.

So, let me get this straight: if a blue disagrees with you, they're automatically being rude. That's an interesting and twisted point of view.