Elder Charms of Good Fortune Suggestion.

Quests
Hey there all, Just wanted to share quick thought/change I thought of for the Elder Charms of Good Fortune quest.

Instead of giving a fixed number of 90 for 3, why not make the quest give 1 per 30? As in, if you have 150 Lesser, you get 5 greater, etc.

Doing most of the dailies in Pandaria, I can get about 200 lesser tokens a week. Since I can only use 90 per week, they stack up and are wasted. (Good thing they are becoming a currency in 5.1 :D)

The quest will still be weekly, just changed to give you however many tokens you can get.
Maybe put a cap on how many they take up to 5-6, since there is a cap of 10 for the Elder Charms.

This is just a suggestion, and I would love to hear some feedback. I understand this may make gear easier to get, which is usually a bad thing, but I feel like I'm wasting those lesser charms every week, as I have 200 in my inventory at a given time.

Thank you all for reading my first suggestion :)

Glitter

Edit: Spelling
The thought is that when you're exalted with all the factions, you won't be doing so many dailies, if at all, but you'll have saved up lesser coins to turn in every week. So as some kind of disaster recovery backup, these lesser coins will be your insurance to have more elder coins to use for more bonuses.

But really, they should let us turn in up to 900 a week - let us keep 10 Elder coins with us. Most of the bonus rolls are gold anyway (not even that much) so it's not like everyone will be fully decked out in a week of LFR/world boss raids. It's So Sad when you run out of coins!

These are individual bonus rolls that don't impact any other player nor game-breaking at all. Why gate this mechanic? It makes no sense.
I see your point Vixie, about how after Exalted you wont be doing as many dailies, but I will be doing dailies, its a way for me to calm down after a day of school or work, its almost relaxing to me (could be my BC roots but still).

I also agree with your point with how this does not impact other players in the slightest, and we get gold anyway 90% of the time. Hell the only item I've gotten in 9 rolls is a chest piece, and this week I got the same chest from the boss, not the roll. It hurt.

Would love to hear more opinions or a Blue Post about the topic.
Don't fish for Blue posts. ;)

It seems to me the intent is that you're able to get three extra rolls per week at specific bosses. I know that I'll probably use them mostly for trying to get the sha-touched weapons I'm after. They give you a bit of a buffer by setting the limit to 10, in case you miss a couple weeks, but I don't see that they would want to increase this, because all it does is speed up loot even more.
10/31/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Chungi
because all it does is speed up loot even more

But it's pretty much only for LFR and world bosses and there's already a limit to how many times you can loot those bosses. If you could bonus roll on all 6 LFR, there's still a huge chance that all you'll get is gold. If they don't want to increase the gold to players, then make us pay like 100 gold along with 90 lesser coins for extra 3 Elder ones. Should even it all out.

make us pay like 100 gold along with 90 lesser coins for extra 3 Elder ones. Should even it all out.

I like this idea. It will even everything out, give us more incentive to get those coins and we will make the gold back from the rolls anyway.
10/31/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Vixie
because all it does is speed up loot even more

But it's pretty much only for LFR and world bosses and there's already a limit to how many times you can loot those bosses. If you could bonus roll on all 6 LFR, there's still a huge chance that all you'll get is gold. If they don't want to increase the gold to players, then make us pay like 100 gold along with 90 lesser coins for extra 3 Elder ones. Should even it all out.

My understanding was that you could use it on any of the raid bosses, any difficulty level, for a 15% chance of a spec appropriate item from their loot table, but I could be misinformed about that. Assuming that's right, that's already a ~38.5% chance of getting at least one extra heroic drop a week from just 3 tokens, plus you get to pick where you want the second chances.
11/01/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Chungi
My understanding was that you could use it on any of the raid bosses, any difficulty level, for a 15% chance of a spec appropriate item from their loot table, but I could be misinformed about that. Assuming that's right, that's already a ~38.5% chance of getting at least one extra heroic drop a week from just 3 tokens, plus you get to pick where you want the second chances.

This is correct. You can use them on any MoP raid boss, LFR or otherwise.

If you used all 10 Elder Tokens in a single week, you'd receive an average of 1.5 spec-appropriate (but not necessarily useful) items per week, and have an 80% chance of getting at least 1 item. This is rather a bit quicker than Blizz's intent.

Let's consider a 10-man raid. Baseline, if they kill 10 raid bosses, they get 20 pieces of loot to distribute. If this same 10-man also had all 10 people roll every boss, they'd get an average of another 15 pieces of loot per week. That's nearly doubling their gear-up, and those 15 pieces have a much higher likelihood of being useful, since they are guaranteed to be for a class and spec in the raid.
11/01/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Daerien

Let's consider a 10-man raid. Baseline, if they kill 10 raid bosses, they get 20 pieces of loot to distribute. If this same 10-man also had all 10 people roll every boss, they'd get an average of another 15 pieces of loot per week. That's nearly doubling their gear-up, and those 15 pieces have a much higher likelihood of being useful, since they are guaranteed to be for a class and spec in the raid.

I see your point. I still wish there was something I could do with the 200+ tokens I have just laying in my bags.
so there isn't any way after you have done your weekly LFR that if you que again and used a coin you cant get anymore loot