Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

General Discussion
Prev 1 37 38 39 44 Next
Ok so i am not one to complain about this sort of stuff cause quite simply i dont care WoW for me is just a way to relax and stuff around with time but from what i have read lots of people are pretty pissed at the idea it will be limited to the rich etc etc a few people have said it should be mailed to 10 random people daily etc etc and im only up to page 6 of the forum, so i say this as an added suggestion...

To more invoke the "Solo" and sense of "Achievement" why not with those 10 randomly mailed invites make them a quest bound invite ( aka "this item begins a quest" ) upon which after completing some sort of quest chain will they gain an invite to the guild.

This i reckon could possibly reduce the level of rage from the lower wealth populations of the game ( 98% of them ) and should hopefully filter out the ones that are too lazy to do anything for something if they are truly interested in PvE content then they will complete the quest(s).

Note: to any of the haters and trolls and other ragers, No i have not done any research on this for what its about and how it will eventually progress as it simply does not interest me my comment is purely based on other users comments if u agree with my suggestion cool if not then move on and read the next comment i dont care for your idiotic rants about how i am possibly wrong :)
Well its important to remember this is a gating mechanism. The gates will open bigger and within a few weeks of launch everyone will get to see this content. There is no exclusion. There is a system by which content is delayed and certain players see it first. But no one is left out.

That said, gold is a quantifiable resource acquired by players, often through skill. There is no reason why players who have distinguished themselves and amassed gold in the quantities that separates them from the average player not be rewarded. They are already given exceptionally expensive vanity items like mounts and a BMAH with rare items. There is no achievement for this but they are being given priority access to this content.

Is this so very different from someone with access to an organized guild getting early access to raid content before the masses in LFR?
11/13/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Hatsune
They are already given exceptionally expensive vanity items like mounts and a BMAH with rare items

These are not content. The Brawler's guild is content. Having gold should not be the metric with which it is determined whether or not you're allowed to play WoW. With as disparate as the WoW economy is (courtesy of the last wealth survay that demonstrated WoW's average player has less than 50k to their name at any point), it's a ridiculous design direction to take the game.
11/13/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Bomdanil
They are already given exceptionally expensive vanity items like mounts and a BMAH with rare items

These are not content. The Brawler's guild is content. Having gold should not be the metric with which it is determined whether or not you're allowed to play WoW. With as disparate as the WoW economy is (courtesy of the last wealth survay that demonstrated WoW's average player has less than 50k to their name at any point), it's a ridiculous design direction to take the game.

Its just a gate. After the exclusive period is over, I expect it to cost less than the amount to pay for a pet battle license.
11/13/2012 01:48 PMPosted by Sÿnthesìze
I don't know about you, but I don't even waste my time looking on the BMAH.

i dont either because i can never afford anything on there, and even i could i feel like it would just be a waste of money considering sooner or later (much later as it seems is going to be the case with brawler guild) you can get everything that shows up on the BMAH (granted i know you can not get the T3 that sells on there, but lets face it, thats not up there often enough)
11/13/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Hatsune
That said, gold is a quantifiable resource acquired by players, often through skill. There is no reason why players who have distinguished themselves and amassed gold in the quantities that separates them from the average player not be rewarded. They are already given exceptionally expensive vanity items like mounts and a BMAH with rare items

how much gold a person has should NEVER be the way a person gets to experiance content.
11/13/2012 06:57 PMPosted by Hatsune
Its just a gate.

It's a bad one, and one that I never thought I would see Blizzard attempt to justify as being legitimate in a "pay to play" game, let alone watch them actually implement it in one of their own. It sets a bad precedent that they think it's acceptable to do this, and they need to see how badly the community responds to these sorts of antics so they don't do it for anything else (more preferable would also have them removing it from the current planned release).

11/13/2012 07:06 PMPosted by Kïelïs
(granted i know you can not get the T3 that sells on there, but lets face it, thats not up there often enough)

T3 stuff and the fishing chair are about the only thing that ever shows up on Scarlet's BMAH :(
t
's a bad one, and one that I never thought I would see Blizzard attempt to justify as being legitimate in a "pay to play" game, let alone watch them actually implement it in one of their own. It sets a bad precedent that they think it's acceptable to do this, and they need to see how badly the community responds to these sorts of antics so they don't do it for anything else (more preferable would also have them removing it from the current planned release).

Help me understand. We both know its a gate. It is not a means of exclusion. Everyone will get to see it in time, but some get to see it first.

Why is gold a bad gate? Anyone who subs to WOW has the same opportunity to earn gold. Some do it better than others. The same can be said for raiding, PVP, PVE, gear, rep, acheivement points, whatever other form of quantifiable measurement to show a player did better than another in a specific area.
11/13/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Hatsune
Anyone who subs to WOW has the same opportunity to earn gold.

This is false. Not everyone is able to make gold in WoW, and if it were possible for everyone to make gold then there wouldn't be such a discrepancy in gold availability from the average player to the "rich" players.

Even claims that the opportunity is equally available to everyon is strenuous because people with resources are more than capable of killing a market temporarily to drive people out of it to prevent others from benefiting from it (currently happening with glyphs and the inscriptions on my server, as well as numerous other items).

11/13/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Hatsune
The same can be said for raiding, PVP, PVE, gear, rep, acheivement points, whatever other form of quantifiable measurement to show a player did better than another in a specific area.

The only gating available in any of these is the player's willingness to participate. Beyond that there is nothing preventing people from accessing raids or PvP.
11/13/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Anyone who subs to WOW has the same opportunity to earn gold.

This is false. Not everyone is able to make gold in WoW, and if it were possible for everyone to make gold then there wouldn't be such a discrepancy in gold availability from the average player to the "rich" players.

Even claims that the opportunity is equally available to everyon is strenuous because people with resources are more than capable of killing a market temporarily to drive people out of it to prevent others from benefiting from it (currently happening with glyphs and the inscriptions on my server, as well as numerous other items).

The same can be said for raiding, PVP, PVE, gear, rep, acheivement points, whatever other form of quantifiable measurement to show a player did better than another in a specific area.

The only gating available in any of these is the player's willingness to participate. Beyond that there is nothing preventing people from accessing raids or PvP.

But everyone is able to participate in the AH war. All sub accounts have access to the AH and all players have access to 2 professions.

That there is inequality does not mean there wasn't equal opportunity. Look at how many players fail to make heroic boss kills. They had the same opportunity (one subbed WOW account) but did not meet the requirements (one dead heroic raid boss).

That players have unequal resources (gold) for AH combat is similar to that of players having unequal resources (an organized guild, gear, etc) for heroic raid content.

As I see it, players who distinguish themselves in amassing gold are being rewarded this time by Blizzard. Just as players who kill heroic raid bosses or attain honors in arena/RBG are.
11/13/2012 08:45 PMPosted by Hatsune
That there is inequality does not mean there wasn't equal opportunity

That's exactly what it means. Comparing the AH to raiding is goofy by the way. In raiding there isn't someone standing at the door saying "Don't like you, you can't play" like there is in the AH on many servers in just about every market. Even on servers where there isn't such a thing occuring, it's only because there isn't a market in the first place due to lack of population to actually create and maintain a functioning economy.
11/14/2012 12:00 AMPosted by Bomdanil
That there is inequality does not mean there wasn't equal opportunity

That's exactly what it means. Comparing the AH to raiding is goofy by the way. In raiding there isn't someone standing at the door saying "Don't like you, you can't play" like there is in the AH on many servers in just about every market. Even on servers where there isn't such a thing occuring, it's only because there isn't a market in the first place due to lack of population to actually create and maintain a functioning economy.

Not out to argue for trollings sake but think of what you just wrote.

You're saying its difficult to get started in AH pvp, but the same can be said for heroic raiding. Its a lot harder in fact and its not even a gate, most players will never see heroic boss kills, ever.

You also comment that on certain servers there's no market and thus no opportunity to make gold at all. I'm not going into the specifics of each server but there's quite a bit of people who made their fortune on low pop servers too.

All in all, in our exchange I can see no point you're making other than you do not like gold as a gate. That's perfectly fine. But if you want to argue that its unfair as a gate you'll have to do a lot better.

Everyone has the same wow sub. That's the only equal opportunity in the game. Some go on to be heroic world first raiders, Arena champions, gold capped etc. They earned what they achieved and distinguished themselves above their peers. That is inequality. But it is also Equal Opportunity.
Lol. Is it bad that I was half expecting this to be a micro transaction based dealio when I was reading the post? But nah. It's a gold sink, which means those gold farmers are gonna keep makin bank.
11/14/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Bubblêtea
It's a gold sink, which means those gold farmers are gonna keep makin bank.

There's no money to be made, here. You get one invite ever, afaik, and that's only once you've reached rank 7.
There's no money to be made, here. You get one invite ever, afaik, and that's only once you've reached rank 7.
I'm talking about the lovlies that are gonna go buy themselves the amount to get in :P
Update!

• Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.
I've read through most of this thread and the preceding two "well this killed my hype..." threads while making a few posts. I have come to the conclusion, from dictation instead of genuine response from the blue side that they are doing this to test the viability of the black market auction house and to gauge the potential of a Diablo III real-market ah system in WoW. How much real money could they make from a small take on the brawler's invites game-wide? Should they look at reaping rewards from non-progression(game impacting), yet highly desired content? They did lose a significant amount of subscriptions through the life of Cataclysm. Their pet and mount campaigns in the blizzard store have been phenomenal successes. I know pets and mounts aren't content, but content is the next tier of real money transaction to at least test.

They obviously will never validate this publicly, but I'll keep my transparent aluminum hat on. Let me know what you think.

*edit* blue post about npc drops came while i was writing :/
Update!

• Entry into the brawler’s guild is by invitation only. Invitations can be found on the black market auction house, by invitation from somebody within the guild, and occasionally as drops from certain Horde and Alliance NPCs.

That's way better. Thanks, mate.
Update!

Saw that in the patch notes nice addition any idea which NPCs or is that still TBD?