Let’s Talk About Brawler’s Guild

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 44 Next

I think it's also worth mentioning that the feedback we're receiving on this isn't being ignored, and that we're still considering alternate methods of distributing the invitations.

Just as long as BMAH is nixed before launch :D
People will demand in game money for the invitations. It's ultimately going to be divisive, the opposite of one of Blizzard's stated goals. I'd rather it be completely random, or a small chance with each level 90 daily completed, or something that everyone can do by themselves.
Very cool. So since I have a million gold I can make sure no one else on the server can do this for a long while because I will win the auction on the BMAH and not pass out any invites, meaning no queue times for me at all. So what if i have to purchase a few off the BMAH, the QQ'ing resulting in no one on my server being able to do it will be worth it.

p.s. I can afford to do this, but being there are no rewards, no progression, no nothing other than fighting in org makes this whole thing pointless.
In 3 months this is what i will be reading in general chat on my server.

LFM 10 MAN TOTES MUST HAVE 496 ITEM LVL AND RANK 7 BG..IF NOT, DONT EVEN BOTHER WISHPERING ME..NO FAILS.

This is the kind community i am used to in this game. The days of the base player base being kind to each other has been gone for some time now. Sorry i do not agree that this going to bring the wow community together on any server.

What makes you think Brawler's Guild rank is going to be required for anything but Brawler's Guild? o_O
Two questions:

1) You mention that you will be surrounded by your peers during these matches. Does the brawler have incentive to encourage his friends to come out (ie by throwing benefitial items at him? or are those removed...)? Do random people have incentive to come and watch the matches (monetary or rep or anything)?

2) At rank 7, are you able to give out only ONE invite, or multiple invites, or once per day/week/month?
Very cool. So since I have a million gold I can make sure no one else on the server can do this for a long while because I will win the auction on the BMAH and not pass out any invites, meaning no queue times for me at all. So what if i have to purchase a few off the BMAH, the QQ'ing resulting in no one on my server being able to do it will be worth it.

p.s. I can afford to do this, but being there are no rewards, no progression, no nothing other than fighting in org makes this whole thing pointless.

It sounds like there's going to be something like 10 passes on the BMAH every single day. If you did go through with this, you'd probably go broke within the first week.
What Brawler’s Guild Isn’t
A means of solo progression

This is not you call to make sorry. Any content that can be soloed is a means of solo Progression even more so if there is server first/world first achievement's attached to it.

Once again blizzard trying to tell us how we should play the game.
I think it's also worth mentioning that the feedback we're receiving on this isn't being ignored, and that we're still considering alternate methods of distributing the invitations.

Pets are being added to old content. Perhaps invitations could drop from old raid bosses as well. You are soloing content. It makes sense.
11/08/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Daxxarri
So, to sum up, we’re trying to give the Brawler’s Guild a tight knit, underground kind of feel, and we expect the Guild on each realm to slowly grow to encompass more and more of the population over time. Because invites will be so limited, it’s likely that a lot of the players that join the Brawler’s Guild will have had some kind of interaction with one or more existing members before they ever step into the ring. Finally, a smaller population will help keep the queues low for quite a while

Due to the way you're using the BMAH to gate the invitations, it's going to be the rich kids' club, not the "underground" feel you're describing, at least for a long while. It's the most blatant construction of elitism that I've ever seen Blizzard implemented in the game and goes counter to everything else you've been espousing about opening up more content to more people.

And when there are finally enough invitations around that they start filtering down to the regular people, the queue times are going to be impractical. So, either you need to keep it small and exclusive, permanently, or you need to have a plan in place to accommodate the number of people who will eventually be joining and queueing. Which is it?

This sounds like it could be a really great feature - I've been wanting a way to show off individual ability for a while - but it seems half-baked and needlessly elitist in its current form. Please reconsider.
I think the idea of it not being instanced is stupid.

Honestly, I don't care seeing if someone else is killing a boss. I want to be the one killing it myself. And honestly, I have better things to do with my aleady scarce play time other than seeing the entire population of the server do their turns and hoping I can have some fun myself before I have to log out.

I was thrilled to hear that some solo content was coming, since I loved stuff like the Dragonwrath quest in Nexus. But I am not so happy about the way it is turning out.
While the golden gate is mildly annoying, with 10 invites a day on the BMAH, it isn't going to take nearly as long as say buying VP bracers from Shado-pan.

There is no limit on how much gold I can make in a day. Rep gating on the other hand, as there is only one single way to gain rep, has a daily cap. I'd much prefer a gold gate than a rep or time gate.
How will this differ from Proving Grounds? (the upcoming feature)

Just curious :)

I think this is your Proving Grounds solution...
Moo.

If you want a fair way to distribute invites that everyone would be happy about, put the invites on Galleon's loot table as a rare drop.

I believe Proving Grounds are going to be for testing role skills, like tanking and healing - not just DPS. There could also be class-specific grounds (since all of ours toolkits are different), but I don't believe Blizzard has indicated that's the case.
11/08/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Rangikuu
Gold sink to experience new content? Color me not interested.
What Brawler’s Guild Isn’t
A means of solo progression

This is not you call to make sorry. Any content that can be soloed is a means of solo Progression even more so if there is server first/world first achievement's attached to it.

Once again blizzard trying to tell us how we should play the game.

You should probably read the full blue post...the one you quoted from said there won't be any server first achievements.
11/08/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Redlukey
I'd much prefer a gold gate than a rep or time gate.

Comes to:

11/08/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Redlukey
There is no limit on how much gold I can make in a day.

...which is the point people were making back at the start of the tread.

Star, you're gonna pull aggro again, It was said awhile back that this WAS NOT proving grounds. It was in a GC tweet I believe.

He said in his original post that it is not a Proving Grounds feature and that is coming down the pipeline :-)

I believe Proving Grounds are going to be for testing role skills, like tanking and healing - not just DPS. There could also be class-specific grounds (since all of ours toolkits are different), but I don't believe Blizzard has indicated that's the case.

Ahhh, I see, I see. I forgot that this would be strictly DPS! Silly of me.