Your definition of 'Trolling'

General Discussion
3. I'm done with wow for a while, I'm takin a little break.
A. No one cares, just quit already.
B. Hope you had fun playin wow and come back soon.

So your definition of a troll is someone who says out loud what everyone is thinking, and a non-troll is someone who is overly compassionate about something that honestly doesn't matter?

Personally, I'm just a fan of counter trolling. Beat the troll at his own game.
3. I'm done with wow for a while, I'm takin a little break.
A. No one cares, just quit already.
B. Hope you had fun playin wow and come back soon.

So your definition of a troll is someone who says out loud what everyone is thinking, and a non-troll is someone who is overly compassionate about something that honestly doesn't matter?

Personally, I'm just a fan of counter trolling. Beat the troll at his own game.

The example you singled out insinuates that they don't have good friends on wow that will miss them or even a guild that will miss them.

If somethin is actually true then its fine, hopefully the person can handle it.
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Thats the wikipedia definition it sums up trolling pretty well.

It also pretty much sums up every post on the WoW forums :)
Someone who brings up pointless threads that get stupidly popular (i.e: Nickiminaj did a good job).
10/27/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Valiuma
2.) my mother once made me blue waffles and when I was like "omg delicious" she told me to Google them

never have a laughed so hard. Your mother is, awesome.
10/27/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Valiuma
My heart bled for all those innocent people being reported for trolling when they were stating a simple fact

Dont worry about that. Repeatadly abusing the report feature for non issues just leads to a little vacation for the person reporting.
When someone says something so stupid that they can't possibly actually believe it and are therefore just trying to get someone riled up with it.
10/27/2012 10:41 AMPosted by Luumi
Saying mages need healing items for their offspec is pretty trollish.

That chestpiece is so awesome looking. I hope I remember which quest it's from when I go through on my leatherworkers.
Folks,

examples aren't usually a good idea.

There are ways of discussing topics without examples that may endanger your posting rights.

as far as this:
10/27/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Rothrie
it's a good name to sum up people that mindlessly think any game changes that are made are for the better

If you need to label someone negatively to disagree with them, you're illustrating that you can't defend your position on your own. Labels are limiting. If you have to stoop to them, you're likely wrong.
10/27/2012 10:57 AMPosted by Rothrie
My original point was that the word troll gets tossed around too much.

So does fanboy.

Also, using a word to identify people IS labelling.
Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements