Cross-Realm Zones Update

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 226 Next
If you made auto-CRZ occur only for level appropriate zones, players could still have social experiences that aren't just a level 90 on a flying mount cleaning up every gathering resource or camping lower level players en masse.
No, this is nothing like ancient Rome. WoW is an incredibly complex, technical game. Let's see you fix these problems. Granted, they have had months, but they have a lot to consider, on top of the fact that they were building a new expansion at the time.

First off the analogy went way over your head, I assume you've never heard about how fickle the mob is? Yes wow is complex and technical however the analogy describes its interaction with the populace.

Also I can't fix these problems, I lack the training and experience to do so. However the folks at Blizzard have exactly that.

Oh another thing the team developing the expansion is NOT the team doing CRZ or anything else. Giving folks multiple tasks seldom works out especialy when you have the resources to designate teams to work on certain features.
whens bloody ptr back up?
...What? No, this is nothing like ancient Rome. WoW is an incredibly complex, technical game. Let's see you fix these problems. Granted, they have had months, but they have a lot to consider, on top of the fact that they were building a new expansion at the time.

Someone fails at analogies.
CRZ is great, this is a great feature I never thought we would see. I'm glad this was able to happen.
No offense but this post really doesn't say anything. We already knew about the 3 hour thing and your second point about reporting things, well quite frankly it's a bit insulting. We've been asking to not get phased at all (cross realmed) because it ruins our gaming experience especially in old zones.

Want a perfect example of why Cross realms is an abysmal failure - just check out Minfernal's spawn point or any rare pet you guys have failed to address.

Just look at rare spawn mobs in the world that are now almost impossible to get now.

Just look at the lack of resources. Check especially Outlands - that got hit the worst with CRZ especially in terms of resources.

Just look at the massive amounts of ganking lowbies have to endure now. They are better off now leveling in dungeons exclusively and avoiding your "precious" cross realm world.
Came here topost this - thanks for saving me the time.

ALL OF THIS. <3
I don't find any problem with the CRZ and for the people that cry about been ganked why would you go and play on a PVP server? if someone go and gank you, there is one easy thing you could do "/exit" DONE enjoy IRL graphics
10/30/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Tyburn
If you made auto-CRZ occur only for level appropriate zones, players could still have social experiences that aren't just a level 90 on a flying mount cleaning up every gathering resource or camping lower level players en masse.

That would defeat the purpose of the system.

They want to be able to shut down 200 of the 250 copies of the zone. If they have to keep it open for a 90 doing loremaster, they've lost the point of CRZ.

They're still denying the financial reasons for doing this and pulling off some BS about it being for the community. That's still kind of irritating me.

They won't be doing it for the community until they start enforcing their code of conduct in game.
In my opinion, CRZ is working the reverse of what it should.

All servers should have been merged into a single super community of each type (PvE/PvP/RP) and CRZ used to spread people out to prevent overcrowding, rather than pack them in to increase population density.

Then you could do neat tricks like have is break people up into brackets of Appropriate Level/Not Appropriate Level for the zone. Farmers and Questers would be separated by such a system, and thus everyone would be happy.

The current system, it's okay. Not as good as it could be, but tolerable. Nothing to get worked up over, certainly.
10/30/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Rchardinabox
Causing them to dismount near-constantly when crossing any CRZ border flies in the face of existing functionality for the sake of a feature that NO ONE CARES ABOUT, NO ONE LIKES, NO ONE ASKED FOR, AND MOST PEOPLE WISH WOULD GO AWAY.

IN the orginal post they stated they are working on a fix for the two seater mount issue. And for the record I care about CRZ, I DID ask for more people in Zones, I DO like it, and I DO NOT wish it would go away. Just because you yell louder and more often does not mean you are right.
10/30/2012 12:07 PMPosted by Bezlok
Like, I dunno, lots of people don't like it, don't want it and never did.

Most people like it or don't care about it. If you look at all the CRZ whine threads it's just the same 12-15 people posting over and over and over again.

QFT. Nice to see the post is highly rated.
we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.

May I ask how you know this? How do you measure whether "social experiences" are on the rise, and what does that mean exactly? Do you monitor whether people from different realms are talking to each other and/or grouping in CRZ zones? I'm genuinely curious, because I have not really noticed a difference while leveling alts lately. People just go about their business separately, as always.

Agreed. I often don't even actually see the other players, I just see the corpses of all of the mobs I need for a quest littered about after having been freshly killed by someone not on my server.

I also see more people of the opposite faction more often than not, even though I'm on a PvE server. So they are basically just ugly decorations that steal my quest mobs. Of course, I'm not a person who cares about maintaining the illusion of 'population' in a game.

Edit: Of course, it's kind of pointless to comment on. It's a moderate inconvenience, but the game is still playable. It's just more frustrating than it was before.
CRZ is gonna do nothing if your player base leaves because of it. You're still gonna have empty zones due to people leaving. I had to change my guild due to most of them leaving the game because of CRZ.

The old saying goes, "if it isn't broke do not fix it."
10/30/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rygarius
Despite a few lingering technical issues, we’re happy with how CRZ is populating the leveling areas with other players, and helping to once again foster MMO social experiences in the 1-85 content.

I really don't have a horse in this race, but in Cata I leveled 4 toons 1 to 85 and needed absolutely zero interaction with other players out in the world. There were a few times that I chose to quest with friends in the guild but never by necessity of the content itself. And if I did happen to come across a stranger in this content, there was no real reason to interact. No bonus for doing so.

Because all group questing content was nerfed to work for single player leveling, what is the purpose of populating those zones?

Will there be changes to 1-85 content that requires grouping to complete? What advantage does CRZ truly offer the player?
CRZ is gonna do nothing if your player base leaves because of it. You're still gonna have empty zones due to people leaving. I had to change my guild due to most of them leaving the game because of CRZ.

The old saying goes, "if it isn't broke do not fix it."

There won't be enough players leaving over CRZ to make a difference.
IN the orginal post they stated they are working on a fix for the two seater mount issue. And for the record I care about CRZ, I DID ask for more people in Zones, I DO like it, and I DO NOT wish it would go away. Just because you yell louder and more often does not mean you are right.

Unlike most of the antis, I don't give a crap if there's more people in the zones. More people to ignore. Nothing new here.

I just want the bugs fixed, and the douchebags start getting banned. Some of those foul mouthed jerks need a few hours to cool their jets now and again.

I may be a foul mouthed person, but at least I leave the 4 letter words and sexist, racist and homophobic crap out of public channels.