That embarassing moment...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 17 Next
In the past I would sit there spam healing myself and growing more and more panicked as I watch the group's health plummet. Since then I switched to using a series of @mouseover/@focus macros that end up with me spam healing the tank instead of myself when I need it. I'm not sure which is worse.
11/10/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Meiqun
That embarrassing moment when you're fighting someone and you've been practically face-rolling your keyboard for the past 3-5 seconds because NONE of your abilities are working and then you realize you were typing in the chat box...

I hate when that happens in PvP.

Yes I know I am bad, but I'm happy :3
Be thankful that WoW is a game where you cannot damage yourself with offensive spells. I remember watching my friend years ago nuke himself to death because he had himself targeted.
When you enter a bg as a brand death knight and death grip everything in sight and die every time cause people have full pvp gear
11/10/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Rufflebottom
On my Lock, accidentally putting SS on the Hunter or Warrior instead of the healer.

I'm always doing this because of the raid frames breaking and cells going inactive - except because it couldn't find a valid target it ends up throwing it back on me...
That embarrassing moment...

...when you spend 10 minutes writing a carefully detailed rebuttal to a forum post, reading it, re-reading it, correcting grammar, ensuring your points are valid, submitting it to the thesis board in triplicate, and finally, pushing submit...

...only to find out the thread has been deleted.

To the CM on duty today...I will find you someday, and vengeance will be mine!

/shakesfist
11/10/2012 07:45 AMPosted by Girlsgonewow
That embarrassing moment when you're fighting someone and you've been practically face-rolling your keyboard for the past 3-5 seconds because NONE of your abilities are working and then you realize you were typing in the chat box...

I used to get a lot of random messages saying qq3434345364.

I've had that happen on boss fights, very embarassing. I have a toolbar set up for my professions, so umm yeah its kinda funny when I got to cast a spell up pops inscription. That usually just happens when I'm out questing.
11/10/2012 08:05 AMPosted by Amberlynh
Why do people think it's bad to kill my pet? Go ahead and attack the pet in BG's. Kill it if you can. Especially if the Hunter is BM. My big dps moves can only be accomplished if my pet is alive and active. Kill my pet and I cannot use Bestial Wrath, Kill Command, or Lynx Rush, I will also only have 4 pets if I use Stampede after my pet is dead. Kill my pet and you just killed my burst. That's a GOOD thing.

Downside being that said pet will just come back to life with Heart of the Phoenix. =3

For me, DPSing half an instance with ridiculous threat problems and no rage...and then realizing I'm still in defensive stance. ._.
And this is why I started using mouseover macros a forever and a half ago.
ha, nerd!
Ex and i were lvling alts and doing randoms. We were being silly in whispers and my ex had said something in party chat that was ment to be a whisper.
That embarrasing moment when you pull the boss instead of the trash because you had the wrong target...
11/10/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Razortusk
For me it's usually healing myself because I don't realize I still have the corpse I just looted targeted.

/casts Greater heal,
/casts Greater heal,
/casts Greater heal,

WTF, the tanks health isn't going up. Oh, haha, I have no target.
Hah I've been guilty of some of these... the "OMG WHY ISN'T THE TANK'S HEALTH GOING UP OMG WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE" then realizing I was healing myself or someone else instead, and the "OMG WHY AREN'T ANY OF MY ABILITIES WORKING (I HATE this in PvP) OMG OMG" *looks at chat box and sees 223343123gfgfffgf2323 or whatever* *facepalms but sends the message through to the unfortunate recipient because clearing the text box would take too much time* *responds later to the person going "wtf" at the 234242343fggfgffg34423rrr message.

That embarassing moment when...

I was on my monk in raid, and I have roll bound to R (creative eh? lol). We were waiting on another healer to get back from being afk, and I went to whisper my friend back. I THOUGHT I hit /r, but apparently the / didn't register... and I roll right into a pack of trash.
Forgetting to switch out of Defensive Stance after tanking always wins the crowds.

Of mobs, that is.
Downside being that said pet will just come back to life with Heart of the Phoenix. =3

Fair enough

>.>

<.<

But what if.....what if the hunter entered the BG with a pet specced Tenacity or Cunning. Though I hadn't really thought about HotP....you're right.

Still though....kill my pet twice and I just blew an 8 minute CD :3

I guess it's harder to kill my pet twice o.O

But I still think people should attack and CC my pet way more.... :3
11/10/2012 07:33 AMPosted by Nybling
I think I'd be more embarrassed to admit I click on people to heal them.

Aye, Raid frames and mouseover macros are very useful for healing. Healbot is customizable raid frames and mouseover macros :)
I used to have fel flame and demonic circle nearby and have accidentally pulled raid bosses with FF thinking I was dropping a port for myself.
11/10/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Meiqun

This. Forever.