[HeavyRP]-The Cenarion Council- Never Forget

Moon Guard
Prev 1 2 3 4 16 Next
From nearby, a tiny, yellow-eyed raven spirit watches, its gaze falling greedily on anything shiny. Besides the occassional attempt to bargain for said shinies, the bird seems content to watch...but for whom?

((*not so subtle nudge, courtesy of the guardians.*))
I am so excited to RP with you guys!
This Friday we are hosting our first event! We will be speaking to any who attend attempting to gain support and members! It will be happening 7:00 PM Server this Friday! Contact myself in game or leave me an in-game mail for details or if you wish to become a Guild Rep before then!
Bump
I'll see what I can do to be there. Hopefully, I can shake off my RP inactivity in time.
((Bump with more writing.))

On Druidism and Nobility.

I have often hear it said that druidism is a magick of democracy. That inevitably, some manner of a liberal ethic shall follow from professing a proper love of nature. I aim now to show that druidism is quite the opposite: a magic of nobility, a magic that exalts the heroic and tarnishes the common and the weak. This is in the very nature of druidism.

Nature is not egalitarian, as many elves, a species lacking nobility now, may confess that it is. Nature is unequal; deeply and innately unequal. The strongest of a species, the best of a species, a species that bears the strongest blood is the species that will inevitably serve as the focus of the druid. Druids do not focus on animals that are bereft of nobility, bereft of virtue, relying on sheer primitive instinct. Even the trolls, in their cunning savagery, recognize this.

Let me note the various totems of Kaldorei Druidism:

The bear, the great cat, the stormcrow. Never have I seen a druid take it upon himself to lower into but a mere rat. Never have I seen a druid take it upon himself to lower into an ape, or some other manner of devilish animal which is agreed to possess little in the ways of actual virtue. It is the animals that bear an appearance heroic and lordly that the druid transfigures himself into.

The bear is a terrible protector, a being fearsome yet dedicated to protection. The bear has been found in ample tales, and mortals find continual inspiration from such an animal. The bear thrives in various environments, wholly and fully.

The Great Cat is an animal carved into the symbols of even the humans. There is a quality that mortals never fail to admire in its swiftness, in its sharpened teeth, and the continued cunning of its instinct, despite its lack of reason, lack of a cultivated spirit, that separates it from beings that have been granted with such gifts.

The Stormcrow soar. Need I say more? For the druids venerate the beast that rises from the throes of the mere earth, to brush its feathered glory all about the face of the stars itself. Then seek not to say it is a mere animal, seek not to disparage the druid, for this animal is the strongest and best of animals, as nobility is composed of the best of men. And by what? By what force or occassion was this made an animal granted with such peculiar beasts? It was by blood, of course, by the inheritance granted unto it.

And the next charge shall naturally be that druids descent to be mere beasts when they take their form. Yet druids do not worship the beat but the symbol itself, the ideal incarnate, the most advantageous form of the animal that exists, and the natural intelligence of a human is not forgotten. Thus man is re-forged with himself. Civilization is said to give men the coach, but allow them to forget how to use their feet. The druid does not abolish civilized institutions, but instead teaches us to use our feets once again.

A super-human is created. That vast consciousness of primeval feeling is re-wakened. As the heroic animal are imitated, the bet of animals, a man may bring himself back to the woods from whence the first nobles emerged, those men, who by nature itself were granted with the most firmly-built visage.

Nature is never egalitarian. As druids, if we seek to live by nature, we ought to organize our societies as nature mandates. Let us restore a natural nobility unto all societies, where the best of men govern. Let us drink from the primal wells of desire and forgiveness, and remember that virtue is not rendered incomplete by nature, but inspired by vivid and stark portroyal, then made incarnate in a newly-birthed being. Let us strive then, to restore a world freed from democracy, the most artificial and contrived of notions, which threatens the heart of the oak and the soul of the birch.
"Will expand later" D:
But shu'halo are TOO AWESOME FOR LATER.

Shalla watched the gathering from the seclusion of Nighthaven, leaning into the breeze and staring at the distant crowd. The scent of excitement, but it would seem no shu'halo had been informed of this gathering. "Do they speak of unity, or of division? There is not one of my kind among those gathered... Earthmother, may your wisdom guide your children together, so we may heal the damages done."
"Will expand later" D:
But shu'halo are TOO AWESOME FOR LATER.

Shalla watched the gathering from the seclusion of Nighthaven, leaning into the breeze and staring at the distant crowd. The scent of excitement, but it would seem no shu'halo had been informed of this gathering. "Do they speak of unity, or of division? There is not one of my kind among those gathered... Earthmother, may your wisdom guide your children together, so we may heal the damages done."

Sorry Horde folks! We have to get our footing and support from the Alliance before we can start figuring out how we can include our Troll/Tauren buddies...
Bribe them with punch and pie.
Hey great idea! like more organized rp!
Has it been decided yet when the first meeting is going to take place?=o
((In response to Feredruidism, I give you Verdedruidism))

An Ocean in a Storm

The child of Goldrinn views life as a triangle, where one entity sits at its’ zenith governing over the rest. The strong conquers the weak, the noble triumphs over the ignoble. I, however, prefer to view life as a circle, observing how the effects of one will ultimately have an effect on all. If we use geometry analogous to Druidism, then, we will see that our calling is not a triangle, however. It is a circle.

To assert nobility’s existence within the natural order is a falsity perpetrated by the young Worgen’s inexperience of the world as it truly is. The Druids do not limit themselves to the form of the cat, the bear, or the Stormcrow any more than Shamans limit themselves to the element of wind. Indeed these animals possess several characteristics that we, as a society, would recognize as strengths. But it is important that we, as Druids, recognize and revere our natural brethren for their entirety, not only for traits of which society deemed to be admirable.

To quote our great Shan’do Malfurion Stormrage: “A druid's gift is his freedom to embrace and explore all facets of nature.” Indeed we have seen the Druids of the past and present choose to practice the forms of a great variety. Among them we’ve seen that of a great cat made of fire, as portrayed by the mad Fandral Staghelm and the Druids of the Flame. Or perhaps that of a wolf, whose form bearing Goldrinn’s own great fury we've deemed unfit for Kaldorei society and was cast out. Perhaps even that of a serpent, whose venomous fangs reflect the fallen Druid of the Fang’s desire to redesign the Barrens to match their own, poisoned dreams.

If the firecat, the serpent, and the wolf represent the agents of chaos, then perhaps the bear, the cat, and the stormcrow represent the agents of order. For every agent of chaos, there shall be an agent of order. For every positive, there shall be a negative. For every Staghelm, there shall be a Malfurion. We, as Druids, must acknowledge that this balance exists, for is our sworn duty to uphold it, tasked to us by the Moon Goddess herself.

Nature is not egalitarian. Nor is it democratic, nor monarchical, nor oligarchical. Nature is fury, and serenity. Nature is order, and chaos. Nature is all of these things, and none of them, and it is this principle that defines the Druid’s place within the natural order. We must become what are necessary in order to protect the balance. The forms we choose are merely reflection of this, should that form come in the shape of a bear, a cat, a stormcrow or otherwise.
((Loving it, Verdant. ))
fere we don't do our writing justice by using them as "bumps" for the cenarion council thread :<
fere we don't do our writing justice by using them as "bumps" for the cenarion council thread :<

Psh, they are pretty good ways to bump this!
11/06/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Ravendane
Has it been decided yet when the first meeting is going to take place?=o

This Friday we are hosting our first event! We will be speaking to any who attend attempting to gain support and members! It will be happening 7:00 PM Server this Friday! Contact myself in game or leave me an in-game mail for details or if you wish to become a Guild Rep before then!
Galondel on those who say: "The Circle says much, but does not act."

The tall trees span the cliffs and landscapes as far as the eye can see. A true land of Paradise, encircled by a great wall of stone and rock. The forests were filled with creatures of all shapes and sizes. A land of peace, and serenity. But one day... One day it was take all away. One day... Hyjal fell.

The Legion destroyed and ravaged the landscape, destroying everything in it's path. Archimonde appeared, and battled the White Stag. But... the trickery of the Demon overwhelmed the Stag, and he laid there, dead. Years later, upon the Demon's return, Shan'do Stormrage had had enough... With the aid of the wisps of Hyjal, Archimonde fell. His death created a fiery explosion. And Hyjal burned...

For years, we healed the land. We un-did what the Legion had done. We stood together, and repaired, healed, and grieved, as Hyjal had paid the ultimate sacrifice, to destroy such evil. And when a new day rose, when a future of peace was visible, it was all taken away once again. Ragnaros had returned, and his eyes were set on Hyjal. The Circle rallied once more under Hyjal's banner, and went to war with the Lord of Flame. We and our allies took the war to the very doorstep of the Fire Lord, and extinguished his flame for good.

And now, we heal the land. Forever vigilant. Forever watchful. Forever ready. We defend the land, with our lives, and we never back down. I am Galondel Fleetsong, and when Hyjal falls, my rage will not be contained.
It's like a dream within a dream.

*inception music*

edit: I enjoy when Verdant blames everything on youth. "That Ferenold, he's far too young to understand these things!"
Blue eyes flicked up as a ghostly raven perched before him, fluffing its feathers. Curled, ragged ears listened with interest as it relayed all that its companion had overheard far away.

From beside him, another spirit shimmered into existence, lupine, dark, and with a great crown of antlers upon its brow. *What did the ravens hear, Twilight's-Song-of-First-Wolf's-Fury?* came the query, and Dusk sighed, relieved that he could communicate with one who would understand the full nuance of his native tongue, and not just the bare bones.

The worgen dipped his head in respect, even as he expelled air from his nostrils in a sharp snort. His pelt rippled across his lean frame, ears moving to and fro, halting briefly at various angles. Interspaced with this came a series of grunts, chuffs and woofs, and to any non-worgen observer, he might have looked like a common canine with an itch.

<For ones who speak of knowing this path...they not see for what it is. Path to Heart-song, path of life is not of being alpha. Not of being better...is not of being all peace, and no fight, or all fight and no peace. We are speakers, giving voice to what can not sing. We serve, drawn by call that can not be ignored. We are weak...it is life that give us strength. Wild places are not places of peace--are places of balance. Prey eats, hunter hunts...In birth, in death, blood is shed. But not without reason...all that is, lives, and all that live, has purpose, place, time. Perhaps not that can seen yet, but it have it.>

His former mentor simply observed the tranquility of the grove. *We are part of the world, and it is a part of us. They would do well to be reminded of that, to learn sometimes one must protect ones territory and kill or drive out the outsiders who threaten it....no matter who they are.* The spirit paused, and then turned his glowing eyes on Duskhowl once more. *When you go, and they ask who you are...use your true name-song, not the one for everyday. Its power is needed to give you strength in this.*

Dusk didnt respond to that. He peered down towards the moonwell, where Valitheria sat, sorting through her herbal supplies, while their youngest children slept soundly in a mound of warm furs at her side. <Nightseye does not like this...but sees wisdom in going to watch them.> His ears pinned back in agitation. <Asked magic one to make...passage, so am only gone as long as speakings last.>

*Do not worry so, my many-times-grandson...Your guardians will stand strong, and we will be with them as always. Go to this meeting with no fear in your heart.* Though the voice was gentle and compassionate, Duskhowl could no more refuse the spirits velvet clad command than he could pretend to be anything other than a worgen. His head bowed once more in submission, and the spirit scattered to the winds like a thousand fireflies in the night.

To the guardians, Duskhowl seemed an unmoving statue that night, deep in meditation and communion with the grove.
As you all know if you've read the OP, there is a general oath all Druids must take in order to join the Council. Galondel and I have a temporary one, but I'm not particularly happy with it.

Therefore, I'm opening it up to you folks to help us out and pitch one. Anyone want to help us create the oath?

Something something, balance. Something something, nature's guardian. Something something...DARK SIDE!!!!