Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 65 Next
11/13/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Daxxarri
No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

Isn't Data Mining against TOS?
11/13/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Snow
CRZ is another great example obviously I am on Area 52 where a "Extremely High Population Server"... I have noticed with rare mini pets such as "plagued whelp and mini inferno" they are not just heavy camped at restarts its absurdly camped. When I nabbed my Mini Inferno there where a minimal of 30+ people in the area.
Yah so rare pets are rare. There is suppose to be competition for them. If anyone could go get them anytime they wanted, they wouldn't be all that rare. People really need to get over the competition argument against crz. There is suppose to be competition.
Exactly, people who are against competition are typically those losers who need 3-4 tries to kill a pandaria rare and thing they are entitled to all of them. They fail but don't think there should be a consequence to it.
11/13/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Felacidus

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

Most times I feel bad that you have to reply to people like this, they are simply never happy in there lives.

Just like dailies his job is optional. He can be unemployed if he so chooses.
11/13/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Minawa
You know, people would probably have a higher opinion of the blue team at the moment if you guys would stop cherry picking out the "easy" posts to answer.

So when they don't reply, people complain. When they do reply with useful information, people still complain. Okay, carry on.

Oh hey, someone who obviously doesn't visit the forums very often.
11/13/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Zargar
Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory

I could have killed DW without shoulder and head enhants so your full of it.

Apples and oranges. You can buy weapon and bracer enchants on the AH or have a guild mate craft them for you. In Cata, you had to grind the rep or you could get the enchant at all.

Also, post on your main so you can be held accountable by your peers for what you say.
11/13/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Snow
CRZ is another great example obviously I am on Area 52 where a "Extremely High Population Server"... I have noticed with rare mini pets such as "plagued whelp and mini inferno" they are not just heavy camped at restarts its absurdly camped. When I nabbed my Mini Inferno there where a minimal of 30+ people in the area.
Yah so rare pets are rare. There is suppose to be competition for them. If anyone could go get them anytime they wanted, they wouldn't be all that rare. People really need to get over the competition argument against crz. There is suppose to be competition.

A long respawn timer is fine. That alone would make a pet rare. However when only 1 spawns after 10 hours that's kinda ridiculous. CRZ is a bad idea. I dunno why I need to see other level 90's in an obscure area. CRZ would be ok if only the people who were questing in that zone were affected by it. Which would actually make sense because you could group with people and make friends. Again CRZ should only hit people who are quest level.
11/13/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Daxxarri
No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

I could have sworn there was something about datamined content and perma-bans in the CoC ;)
11/13/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Mesothorny

Is Crihto around? Because it sounds to me as if you are talking to a dog, not a person.

In fairness to Daxx, I think he was just making a joke. There is no malice behind it. The tension is just very thick in these kinds of threads so I can understand why people are frustrated. I don't think I've ever seen Daxx pop off at players in a mean spirited way.

Data mining is something that has frustrated the team for ages because people tend to take the changes out of context. Usually it's better to speculate on things that are in the game or on the PTR rather than changes pulled up on wowhead alone.
PR? Where is there ever any PR?

This is a game forum and they use a level a candor that makes it more personable for us.

The drawback to that is that sometimes the message get's changed and a decision that was previously made is reversed. We learn about the decisions quickly, if they really wanted to make this a PR forum, we would only be hearing about the message once the feature was in the game on patch day.

I could have sworn there was something about datamined content and perma-bans in the CoC ;)

Doesn't stop MMO Champ from doing it. Pointless post of the day?

11/13/2012 11:50 AMPosted by Terrible
[quote]In reality these forums represent less than 1% of the community and blizzard has publicly stated that they don't consider the people on the forums "the voice of the player base"

Nice defense to fall back on when you consider the amount of complaints they've gotten just two months into the expansion. Asinine statement though, by the way.

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback.

Pretty sure PvP is not one of those.
11/13/2012 11:49 AMPosted by Homagë

A long respawn timer is fine. That alone would make a pet rare. However when only 1 spawns after 10 hours that's kinda ridiculous. CRZ is a bad idea. I dunno why I need to see other level 90's in an obscure area. CRZ would be ok if only the people who were questing in that zone were affected by it. Which would actually make sense because you could group with people and make friends. Again CRZ should only hit people who are quest level.

Actually, CRZ is meant to level the playing field for servers. Now, wether I am in a low pop or high pop server, I have the same "chance" to get the item / rare / spawn. Blizzard always intended it that way, we just got away with it until now because they couldn't do anything about it.

Do I get upset I am being ganked leveling my alt. Sure. Do I want to go back to easymode low level mats farming? Nope. The leveling experience is much more accurate to what Vanilla and TBC were on my server. I enjoy having some of that magic back.
Doesn't stop MMO Champ from doing it. Pointless post of the day?
No but it does stop the players on the forums from talking about what MMO-C posts ;) (though this is one rule I NEVER see enforced :P)
The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

This is disingenuous at best.

I won't do dailies. I love instances (heroics and LFR). I'd love to get into the two new LFR instances that have come out recently, but my ilvl isn't high enough (2 points short).

I've got every slot filled with either dungeon drops, the two crafted items, a halloween ring, the two low hanging VP items (neck from Klaxxi and I knuckled under for Golden Lotus honored for the ring and patterns) and a single drop from LFR.

The only way I can improve my ilvl at this point is to cross my fingers and run LFR once a week.

So I'll spend 2 hours tonight having fun - and if I don't get any drops I have no other means to progress my character until next week.
11/13/2012 10:58 AMPosted by Karidor

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

Your quick mention of the profession recipes is a bit lacking in info and sugar coated? Profession recipes have indeed been a matter of a little extra something but getting those slightly higher end MOP recipes involve a hell of a lot more. Some of those recipes require you to not only be revered with Lotus (in order to even start shadow pan) but then you must also rep with shadow pan.........

This is no different than it's always been since vanilla. Professions, IMO, should have recipes behind faction rep, simply because it's established as such. It gives us something to aim for if we don't care to rep with every faction. It gives us the all-important decision of prioritizing.

There is no "sugar coat" going on here. You just don't like the idea that it's behind rep (like always) or just looking for something to argue about that is already sound and logical. It's just decided on how dedicated you are to the profession, and if it's that difficult to get, it makes it that much more in-demand and profitable. Something that many people that have the profession, actually WANT.

People comparing the two (rep for shoulder/head enchants & rep for prof recipes) are perfect examples of those who don't understand what Blizzard was talking about. Not saying that this is you, but just in general. As simple as I can put it: Shoulder/Head enchants cater to literally every player regardless of choice of spec/prof/class. Prof recipes cater to only those with the profession and the result can be acquired through other players with more dedication (or different professions) than you.