Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

General Discussion
Prev 1 61 62 63 65 Next
11/20/2012 12:40 AMPosted by Meiyun
Play the parts of the game we like huh? Well, I like leveling alts. CRZ has pretty much screwed that all to hell. Now what? Fail logic is fail.

Then I guess there's no part of the game remaining that you actually like?
I agree with you totally about CRZs, btw, my comment was about Valor/Rep/Dailies and people's inability to see past the rep grind as just one of the progression options we have.
11/20/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Meiyun
I should be able to buy some kind of entry-level epic piece for my dps or tank set so I can feel comfortable about tanking a dungeon

You shouldn't need epics to tank a dungeon. You can tank dungeons in greens. It is in no way difficult to do.

I think the rep requirements to spend VP or JP are ridiculous, but thinking of epics as being needed to just do dungeons or to start raiding is being kinda silly.
11/19/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Meiyun
No specific ETAs, but there are some changes coming in 5.1 that may help address some of the issues with the timing of holiday events, confusion over realm time zone changes, and the like.

There IS no confusion over time zone changes. We're being shunted to realms with different times than our own and I hate it. I want to be on my OWN time. If I wanted Pacific, I'd have rolled Pacific. Almost all of Kalimdor is on Pacific. I have not spent thousands of dollars playing this game over the years to be shunted out there. MAY help is no help.

Hear, hear!

I'm not "confused" at all. I travel a lot, including overseas, so I have no problems accounting for time zone changes. I'm irritated about time zone changes, moving into angry.

I chose an EST server for a reason. Unfortunately, it seems to be grouped mainly with PST servers, and while on the one hand it means I haven't had to deal with CRZ crowds - I play early morning and early evening EST, so I'm still usually in near-empty zones - on the other hand it means dealing with day/night flashing (in early mornings EST), zone lag, and a complete inability to get to timed events/spawns thanks to a three-hour time gap.

Unless the "fix" is that only servers set to the same time zone get merged (or, better yet, that the feature is going away entirely), it's not going to "fix" my issues.
I believe it's disingenuous to say they NEVER listen to us. Sure, lots of things are really frustrating and I'll be first to admit that, but they've done plenty of things that we've requested. I must agree though, I am pretty sick of the whole CRZ thing.
The daily system is flawed,
- they should have NEVER included valor access (the acess, not the points, its ok that dailies give you points),
- they should have NEVER been the only source of charms (either no charms, or more than one way to get them),
- they should have NEVER been one rep gated by another rep and
- professions recipes of one professions should been in only one reputation.

According to you.....

But if that's not the way they want the game to work....that's not the way they want it to work.

Profession recipes and gear behind rep is not a new thing. Dailies for rep to get gear is a not a new thing.

So they decided to make it a little bit harder, it's no reason to throw a tantrum.

Of course its according to me, i cant talk on behalf of anyone else.

And of course Blizzard wanted this way, thats why they did it this way. That doesnt mean it isnt a mistake.

Profession recipes were behind rep, but NEVER behind two reps chained. And gear gated by rep NEVER need a second gating system before.

They decided to change things, those changes affect me in a large scale, i will decide if its reason enough for a tantrum or not, thanks.
There is no feedback in this game anymore. There is only Zarhym's response telling us that this is what we want and that's why something is the way it is.

I am so sick of Blizzard telling us what we want.

Sometimes what people want wouldn't work in game. Sometimes it's not even what the majority would want, even if it seems like it.

And sometimes what Blizard designs dont work in the game, and Blizzard need feedback from their players to realize fast enough of which things are workign and which arent.

Dailies arent.
Well another friend threw in the towel today.

I went over to his house and after some talking he deleted his toons and canceled sub due to World of Dailiescraft. Really sad to see this happening more and more. We need our rep tabards back.

This things are happening more and more. Blizzard's reaction time is too slow on problems with such an impact like this one.

They need to put up a faster process to fix important things.

And yes, we need an instance based system to get the rep and charms that are forcing people into doing things they hate, burning them out and making them quit the game entirely, but Blizzard's takes too long into discerning which issues are real and which are simply baseless qq.
11/20/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Alelsa
Play the parts of the game we like huh? Well, I like leveling alts. CRZ has pretty much screwed that all to hell. Now what? Fail logic is fail.

Then I guess there's no part of the game remaining that you actually like?
I agree with you totally about CRZs, btw, my comment was about Valor/Rep/Dailies and people's inability to see past the rep grind as just one of the progression options we have.

You fail to realize that daileis are not a separate progression path. Dailies rewards synergize with dungeons and raids. Therefore, those doing dungeons and raids are forced to do the dailies for those reward that sinergize with the paths they chose.

Dailies system is too rewarding, it like someone in real life telling you he will give you 1 millon dollars for going 5 weeks to 4 or 5 places and do mundane things. Its not a real option.
And since the daileis rewards heavily enhances your performance and rewards in other paths, its not really an optin either.

This things are happening more and more. Blizzard's reaction time is too slow on problems with such an impact like this one.

They need to put up a faster process to fix important things.

And yes, we need an instance based system to get the rep and charms that are forcing people into doing things they hate, burning them out and making them quit the game entirely, but Blizzard's takes too long into discerning which issues are real and which are simply baseless qq.

So your suggestion is a knee jerk reaction in response to another knee jerk reaction? Brilliant.
The logical response to feeling bummed on dailies is to slow down. Quitting over it, and especially deleting characters simply a is a knee jerk reaction. Those players will either be back, or had other underlying concerns leading them to quit. From Blizzards perspective, it would make no sense to step in right away and fix something that may or may not be broken. Short term pains, long term gains. you've probably heard that before. It makes sense to wait for a situation to stabilize before making any judgements. What's "bad" in the short term, may be good in the long term.

Honestly, we have no numbers to go by, so calls for immediate action because subscriptions are plummeting are completely unsubstantiated. Personally, I'd find it hilarious if Blizzard announced higher subscription numbers at their next quarterly earnings call (I consider that to be a legitimate possibility too).

No, my suggestion is not a knee jerk reaction. My suggestion is having a process to realize you system has a problem and make a fast solution to the problem while you implement a more durable one. All those things are basic things done in the industry.

You dont understand why people feel forced to do the dailies, ok, i get it. Its your problem. A LOT OF PEOPLE does feel forced to do the dailies, and when they log they feel forced to do them. The logical reaction when they get burn out is not logging anymore. Deleting and unsubbing is the logical reaction to not logging anymore.

From Blizzards perspective, they should have already acknowledge by now that there is a problem (and according to GC, they do, they just arent convinced that the solution is by the instancing model, which in my opinion is) and fix it before the problem gets bigger. When you have a problem and you dont do anything about it, the logical consequence is that the problem gets bigger.

We have no numbers, they do. I dont think waiting for huge subs loss before fixing something is a good policy btw. Again, i think they should develop a process to get in touch of the real problems BEFORE subs bleed.

Finally, some food for thought. Some changes that are pretty much universally embraced now were highly contentious in their time. For example, one of the largest debates World of Warcraft has ever seen revolved around something as essential and commonplace today as offering non-raiders access to epic items. Some of you will recall that this was an extremely active debate, and opinions were harshly divided (and harshly expressed) on the subject.

Yes, and this is another fantastic example of Blizzard spending eight years not listening to customer feedback. The request from the outset was that we have access to equally challenging, equally rewarding content that doesn't involve huge groups of players.

And Blizzard's response has continued to be... more raids! Easier raids! Tools to join raids! pvp-accessed raids! Everything in the world that was the exact opposite of what was requested by all the people who don't want to raid.

So I'm unsurprised that when thousands of people said that even aside from the implementation issues, they didn't want even the intent of CRZ, Blizzard bulled ahead and did it anyway.

Similarly: hey, remember when a bajillion people said that we wanted to be able to queue solo for rated battlegrounds? And you just completely ignored all of us? Good times, good times.
You fail to realize that daileis are not a separate progression path. Dailies rewards synergize with dungeons and raids. Therefore, those doing dungeons and raids are forced to do the dailies for those reward that sinergize with the paths they chose.

Dailies system is too rewarding, it like someone in real life telling you he will give you 1 millon dollars for going 5 weeks to 4 or 5 places and do mundane things. Its not a real option.
And since the daileis rewards heavily enhances your performance and rewards in other paths, its not really an optin either.

Pretty much everything in this game can have a synergistic effect with everything else you're doing to prepare for raiding if you do it all. Even PvPing now that PvP gear is on a par with PvE gear of the same ilvl for PvE purposes - does that mean you're requiring your entire raid team to PvP for conquest points each week too?

Where you set the bar at how much preparation outside the raid each week is needed is completely up to you and your group. If it's things you don't want to do, or don't have time to do, it's easy enough to just do without it. You just have to make choices and prioritize. "Doing everything doable for every upgrade possible" just isn't viable for the majority of players any more. You may not like it, but that's how it is now.