CRZ Feedback #11

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
Sure there are bad points about it, but WoW feels like old vanilla WoW again! I can play with lots of other people in the non-high-end-zones. It's brought a lot of life back into the game.

Ganking and griefing are just a part of WoW and MMOs.
I personally have 2 servers I play on. Velen and Area 52. I rolled on Area 52 for the pop. However, I play on my Velen characters when I feel like achievment farming or hunting rares because having 90 people in a zone is stupid for MOST activities. Having a terrible time crafting, or questing or levelling should NOT be acceptable so some people can "see more people". FFS if that's all it's about then just make fake PCs fly around and put them in an instance.

All CRZ has done for me and my wife is lag, bugs, griefing and immediately skipping all PvE quests that for some reason require PvP flagging.
@Sweetpeaz

Some intellectual honesty would be welcome. That is a frustrating aspect with this "debate". Obvious intentions are obscured behind "benefits" that are contradictory to game design concepts and available player choices that have been in place for years. WoW's front page now has a 5 dollar sale for a battlechest of Vanilla, BC and Wrath. Essentially that is what is offered in-game now too. CRZ is a discount bin version of those previously fantastic worlds. The problem is many of us paid full price and have paid monthly subscriptions for years to maintain those games at the highest quality. Don't BS us that this feature is an improvement in game quality.

ilu Luna. You always say things the best way. I wish I could articulate like that :D
The real reason CRZ is here is as follows:

Blizzard lost a lot of subscriptions.

Blizzard did their research and saw that x amount of people left because their server A felt empty.

Now server A feels full, and you have an artificial population.

So you do not acknowledge that there is a definable difference as you travel from server to server - within the classifications, naturally?

Not since the bugs have been worked out. My biggest gripe is that in major cities I can take literally one step outside to do a daily quest and be around people I have no idea who they are.

For that reasoning I think that CRZ should be limited to leveling zones. Not zones with cities in them.

Let me clarify one item. I chose to be on the server that I am on. I paid a lot of money to transfer my characters to that server. I should be able to have the experience in the game, with the people that I chose to be with, in the persistent world that is supposed to be WoW.

That being said, if Blizzard would be honest about their reasoning that doesn't mean that I wouldn't adopt a different mentality.

I just don't buy the explanation given by Blizzard. How does flying out of Org to get 6 swine bellies for a cooking daily and to be surrounded by idiots choosing that area as their PVP dualing pit, allow me to have a better experience?

The problem is, the bugs are still there for many. Even with a brand new computer, I get a 5-10 full-stop between zones, flashes of light, and then a severe drop in frame rate that evens back out after a few seconds. I expected this from my old computer, but not the new one.
However, if I am in Stormwind, Orgrimmar, or Pandaria? Smooth as silk, no issues at all, the framerate I expect from my computer (even adjusting for higher activity), and no jarring full stop or dismount issues.

I agree with the rest - CRZ should never have been in "starting" and "capital" city zones - Mulgore, Durotar, Teldrassil, Azuremyst, Tirisfal Glades, Elwynn Forest, Eversong Woods, Dun Morogh, Lost Isles, Gilneas should never have been touched, the same goes for Crystal Forest in Northrend (ever get dismounted while flying to Dalaran back in Wrath? It happens again...), and Terokkar Forest in Outland.

Removing CRZ from those zones would have fixed a lot of Brewfest issues (Barking quests and random phasing to carry barrels, as well as the timing of the Tapping of the Keg), and should also fix most timing issues with the Darkmoon Faire, since Mulgore and Elwynn Forest will be on "Home Realm" (you know, the server WE CHOSE TO PLAY ON) time.
Removing CRZ from Stranglethorn Vale zones would enable the Fishing Tournaments to return.

GC himself stated that it can be turned on and off at will. Why is this so difficult, then?

Of course that won't fix the bugs and issues in the REST of the world, but at least it would help a goodly chunk of the complaints.
Well, I personally think that the zones right outside the major cities should not be CRZ. Here are my main reasons:

1. People don't need the help with quests in these areas
2. People outlevel these zones fast enough to not need them

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the first zone on Kalimdor that had CRZ was Northern Barrens. I know for some ppl, this may still present some problems, but my point is that none of the lower level zones should have any need to be CRZ.

So you do not acknowledge that there is a definable difference as you travel from server to server - within the classifications, naturally?

Not since the bugs have been worked out. My biggest gripe is that in major cities I can take literally one step outside to do a daily quest and be around people I have no idea who they are.

For that reasoning I think that CRZ should be limited to leveling zones. Not zones with cities in them.

Let me clarify one item. I chose to be on the server that I am on. I paid a lot of money to transfer my characters to that server. I should be able to have the experience in the game, with the people that I chose to be with, in the persistent world that is supposed to be WoW.

That being said, if Blizzard would be honest about their reasoning that doesn't mean that I wouldn't adopt a different mentality.

I just don't buy the explanation given by Blizzard. How does flying out of Org to get 6 swine bellies for a cooking daily and to be surrounded by idiots choosing that area as their PVP dualing pit, allow me to have a better experience?

But I think there is a disconnect here. There is the idea that servers don't matter, but the insistence that you have paid or chosen to play with a subset of the overall population.

And please understand, I'm not looking for a fight, I just would like to explore this because I think that this is common in those who wish for _nothing_ to do with CRZ.

I agree with you, I think it's the tail wagging the dog. However, I think it was implemented in this rough fashion because Blizzard did not anticipate this overwhelming feeling of "location" from it's player base. What difference does it makes if it's off-server idiots or on-server idiots? (placing the reporting bug aside for the moment) How does Blizzard justify asking the community to help shape their communities and then - reduce the community's physical expression down to one city per faction per server?

Can a community survive in one city? (not my favorite, to boot <laughs>) How does the community venture out into the world together when two of you can step across and invisible line and be separated? These are some of my questions.
id really rather they at least keep the 'merged' servers seperated by time zones, language barriers, pvp/pve/rp status instea dof having me go from my EST Pve server to a PST PvP server on a whim.

the idea is... well decent but their execution was ghastly.

right now server merges seem preferable, because the benefit to 'having more people in a zone' when they are from your realm is a LOT more evident than getting trolls from realm b, griefers from realm c and people who dont speak the language of the other 3 servers.

admittedly those exist on everyones own realm anyhow.. but considering the ignore/report feature isnt working cross-realm then you cant have said griefer/trolls from the zone dealt with and they get to go along their merry ways unpunished for being a smear on the underpants of society... the system needs work
This discussion has devolved into a rant of those who are for or against it and nothing more. I think it needs to evolve.

The reason that CRZ is in the game is that there is a financial benefit for Blizzard to do it. It's not about getting you in the world or seeing others players, there are other ways to accomplish that if that was the goal.

However, it was never presented as a way to save the game in the future. By reducing costs it allows them to continue development, it allows them not have to cut other areas.

I don't know if Blizzard doesn't think that its customer base is business illiterate or what, but if they approached the idea by embracing the community they might be surprised at the reaction.

If they said 'Hey...if we make CRZ for levels 20-50 it would save us $50 million a year, I would sign up for that in a second. I want the game to be successful, but I don't want to be 'handled' like CRZ is beneficial to me in some way.

What good does it do for me to see a person from another server, that I will most likely never see again? It's not. But if it's good for the game overall, I can buy that.

Just looking for a little intellectual honesty from Blizzard shouldn't be that much to ask for.

you do know other MMOs use this concept a CRZ like system known as "Shards" which are in MMOs like Guild Wars and Star Trek Online.

this is new waters Blizzard is going through that I have confidence in being able to fix, if it can't at least it can be shut down and reactivated on a future date when it an be repaired

10/29/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Briyanna
For all of you who say we want a single player game, and we just want farming to ourselves, I invite you to point out WHERE in this post, anything is mentioned about wanting a single player game:

you mean the topics that got flagged and removed, where players complained about how they didn't want competition and their reasons for rolling on low pop servers?

The reason that CRZ is in the game is that there is a financial benefit for Blizzard to do it. It's not about getting you in the world or seeing others players, there are other ways to accomplish that if that was the goal.

there's other benefits as well. Remember, people complained about how their servers felt empty, and didn't want a server merge? CRZ fulfills the basis easier, though how would you bring people back into the world again that didn't involve "Server Merging"?
Cancelled my subscription, removed my card, and am now just waiting for my time to run out. As of the middle of November, I'll be unable to post, but I'll keep watch for CRZ updates.

Speaking of which, tried calling support to find out anything on any and all CRZ hotfixes. As with all previous times I've called for support, I wound up with someone who was pleasant, understanding, and probably deserving of a raise. :P

She didn't have much information at all, for me, sadly, and it wasn't for lack of trying. Tried to find the list of specific hotfixes already implemented, yet not listed in the patch notes. Unable to do so. Asked the higher-ups, they don't get access.

Oddly enough, she was told, and told me, that CM's do have access to that information. As such, I was put on hold while she did some digging. She tried a quick scan of the forums, and a few other places. We even had a laugh at the state of the forums, with all the Anti/Pro/Bug-CRZ threads being ignored, while the Sha of Happiness gets the green light.

At the end of it, she said if she found any information for me, that I'd get a customer support message on my bliz account. (Unlikely, but hopeful. ^^)

~~~

As for my personal, in game experiences. Finished leveling to 80. While in Icecrown flying around, I most likely zoned 50-100 times. Trips to Dalaran, Checking for pets in Storm Peaks, and whatnot. Was dismounted three times. First time killed me, but I have zen flying, so that's now permanently on my action bar.

As for Wintergrasp, tried to avoid it like the plague. Five times I got too close to the boarder, and five times I dropped, all without a parachute. Three of those, there was no battle going on.
10/29/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Znsk
It's fine.

I agree 100%. Feels more like a mmorpg out in the world again, instead of just a single player game with a queue system.

Odd, it never felt like that to me.

Maybe you just have a crappy server.

Good bunch of us don't care if that's the case, and we dont' want rid of it.

We want our concerns dealt with the and bugs fixed. So far, they have not done so, and until they do, we're not shutting up. You want us to go away, you demand they fix the crap and we'll go away when it's fixed.
I was thick headed on this issue at first myself. However, Reshaari and a number of the other regular posters on this thread(Briyanna comes to mind) convinced me over time that this is indeed an issue that needs to be responded to by Blizzard. Most people may call me a fanboy on a number of issues, but I am now squarely on the side of the ppl looking for answers from Blizzard on these issues.

I hope those of you who have been regular contributors since the beginning can forgive my initial lack of understanding on the issues you were having :).