CRZ Feedback #11

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 10 Next
I was thick headed on this issue at first myself. However, Reshaari and a number of the other regular posters on this thread(Briyanna comes to mind) convinced me over time that this is indeed an issue that needs to be responded to by Blizzard. Most people may call me a fanboy on a number of issues, but I am now squarely on the side of the ppl looking for answers from Blizzard on these issues.

I hope those of you who have been regular contributors since the beginning can forgive my initial lack of understanding on the issues you were having :).

It's all cool. Everybody plays this game in their own way. I know I have entered this thread to protect my little corner of turf in Azeroth but recognize many others have very different views. In a way I actually would welcome the fanboy tag because I am a long long long-time fan of Blizzard products. I am also a big fan of the Green Bay Packers living here in Wisconsin. Most times I could treat Blizz mess-ups like Aaron Rodgers throwing an interception. Growl a bit and shake it off. But in this case for me Blizz crossed a new line and turned into... Brett Favre!
10/29/2012 02:39 PMPosted by Psychomagus
I hope those of you who have been regular contributors since the beginning can forgive my initial lack of understanding on the issues you were having :).

I grant thee the Brannoch award, for coming to terms with what we've been trying to say and actualy acknowledging that that there are things that need fixed and information doled out.

This award is so named after the first person who saw the light.
Sure there are bad points about it, but WoW feels like old vanilla WoW again! I can play with lots of other people in the non-high-end-zones. It's brought a lot of life back into the game.

Ganking and griefing are just a part of WoW and MMOs.

Good for you.

Now have them fix the bugs and we'll be golden.

Not sure about you, but unless I stuck to my dead "no one levels in these zones" while leveling, I have yet to come across no one.

Activision/Blizzard generate 30% of their entire company profits from this one game. This one.....8 year old game. They have an issue and then need to fix it.

They need a new IP and revive interest in the company is what they need. Oh, and rid of Kotick. I'm pretty sure getting rid of him would boost stock prices by at least 100%.

LFD, and LFR should have been implemented realm wide to encourage the server community. The combining of low population realms to keep the game population robust on your server. 10 man raids all but replacing 25 man raiding. Having large raiding guilds necessitated the need for a large server populations.

Yes, but then you have issues with low population realms NEVER getting groups together because there's not enough tanks/healers/whatever interested at any given time. I remember spending HOURS in channel looking for a group as a dps because there were no tanks/healers willing to pug. They all ran with guild. Pug raids were mostly alts.. and worse than the groups you get in raid finder. -_-

10 man raiding supplanting 25 just shows the community preference. If people preferred 25 there'd be more 25. Part of it is less loot per capita, part of it is "its a pain in the butt to organize 25 players" and part of it is strategy and logistics. Got a "spread the hell out" fight? Easier to do with 10.

Well, I personally think that the zones right outside the major cities should not be CRZ. Here are my main reasons:

Posting on the hunter now eh?

But no, here's my main reason that Elwynn forest should not be CRZ:

GOLDSHIRE. Not sure about you but I grow tired of trying to run through there and getting a shock when the game tries to load 50 people dueling. Leveling in that zone was pure unadulterated hell, and I make it a point to NOT take newbies through there.

you do know other MMOs use this concept a CRZ like system known as "Shards" which are in MMOs like Guild Wars and Star Trek Online.

And most systems like that suck. Your point?

10/29/2012 01:52 PMPosted by Chalanight
there's other benefits as well. Remember, people complained about how their servers felt empty, and didn't want a server merge? CRZ fulfills the basis easier, though how would you bring people back into the world again that didn't involve "Server Merging"?

No, they felt their servers were empty because they couldn't get raiders, couldn't get guildies, couldn't get items in the AH....

You know, the REAL problem with low pop servers? This is a money saving feature ONLY, and they need to man up and just say it already.
10/29/2012 03:05 PMPosted by Alicia
My biggest gripe on CRZ is the loss of fluid zone transition. If I could figure out a way to block it, I would.

And if you can(there were ways of doing it) you'd be in an empty zone with no quest items, no mobs, no herbs/ore, nothing.
I was thick headed on this issue at first myself. However, Reshaari and a number of the other regular posters on this thread(Briyanna comes to mind) convinced me over time that this is indeed an issue that needs to be responded to by Blizzard. Most people may call me a fanboy on a number of issues, but I am now squarely on the side of the ppl looking for answers from Blizzard on these issues.

Its all good :D Brannoch too. We love you, too :D
10/29/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Znsk
It's fine.

I agree 100%. Feels more like a mmorpg out in the world again, instead of just a single player game with a queue system.
So I had heard how terrible leveling has become because of CRZ, and leveled up my monk the first 50 levels without leaving Stormwind. Eventually I got bored and figured that it couldn't be as bad as I had heard and decided to give questing a go.

As soon as my griffon landed, I was crit for 10x my HP and three Horde popped in to view. I ended up getting ganked 4 or 5 more times over the next hour, and just gave up. There's no "world PvP", its just !@#$%^-s camping quest hubs.
I grant thee the Brannoch award, for coming to terms with what we've been trying to say and actualy acknowledging that that there are things that need fixed and information doled out.

This award is so named after the first person who saw the light.

Thank you.
Just throwing in my 2 copper... I haven't enjoyed the changes from CRZ. I find that when I'm leveling a new toon, I end up having to compete with a bunch of people for quest mobs, quest items, nodes, etc... while my server is still relatively low population where it matters (PUGs, the economy, etc...).
Possible thought on an opt-out process. While still saving them money from idling servers.

Opted-in:

Hit the zone line, client checks if I'm opted in, then sends me to the current server that is running. Working as it is now.

Opted-out:

Hit the zone line, client checks if I'm opted-in, as I'm not, it boots up the idling server, spawning in the required NPC's. (Would most likely increase the length of the stealth loading screens.)

If someone from my own server is already in that zone, then everything's spawned already.

If your unlucky, and your server is picked as the CRZ designation for that zone.... That'd just be bad luck. (Can't think of a way to fix that.)
If they said 'Hey...if we make CRZ for levels 20-50 it would save us $50 million a year, I would sign up for that in a second. I want the game to be successful, but I don't want to be 'handled' like CRZ is beneficial to me in some way.

This is the boat I'm in as well. As much as I don't like CRZ, what I dislike even more is feeling like a company I am paying a regular sub to is playing with my intelligence.

I'd probably be more understanding, and I at least wouldn't have lost my respect for Blizzard if they'd been upfront in why CRZ was being implemented.

I can't fathom how stupid they think we are to try and sell something that destabilizes and phases out our server communities, has introduced numerous bugs and technical problems, and encouraged them to remove game content in favor of, as something that was done for us.

Sadly, they probably wont win back my respect after all of this no matter what they do. I was disillusioned months ago when I saw how they handled the initial backlash to forcing CRZ on us.

A lot of us love this game and don't want it to turn into something we can't stand. I love the time I've spent playing it, the friends I have made through it. I don't want to see it become something I can't stand to pay for anymore and, for various reasons, CRZ included, it's becoming harder and harder to rationalize why I keep sticking with it. Blizzard has been slowly killing this game for me.
10/29/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Mandulis

I agree 100%. Feels more like a mmorpg out in the world again, instead of just a single player game with a queue system.

Odd, it never felt like that to me.

Maybe you just have a crappy server.

10/29/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Xigwa
Please give up. Blizzard will not fix this catastrophe.

Till they do we're not shutting up.

10/29/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Ibatatas
As soon as my griffon landed, I was crit for 10x my HP and three Horde popped in to view. I ended up getting ganked 4 or 5 more times over the next hour, and just gave up. There's no "world PvP", its just !@#$%^-s camping quest hubs.

I thought you were worth no honor when getting off a flight path... so they'd be doing it just to be jerks.

Good to know. :/
I hate CRZ. It needs to die in a fire.
10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Ràger
As I said before, Why do we need blizzard to tell us they are working on it when bugs in a mmo are looked at? Do you feel like they don't understand the bugs that you are calling out? Would a blue post make some of you feel better, that they are trying to fix the issues, even though you should know that they are without being told?

You seem to forget that they knew about some of these MAJOR bugs... and let them go live. So, do we trust them to fix it after at least 5, almost 6 months of reports? Seriously? That got me to smile. Thank you. They couldn't fix them on the beta. Getting this out was, clearly, more important than making sure it was as smooth running and "finished" as it could be... so yes, a Blue post giving an ETA.. or if that is not possible, at least a non-cookie cutter response would be nice.

10/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Ràger
It's also silly that you guys claim that you will never see the people again. I know many who group up and added as friends to level togather. My wife has even rped with people from other servers and now is proud to have friends from them.

She is lucky. I hope I never see some of these people I have had to deal with ever again. They happen to be some of the rudest people I have met, and I have been playing since late BC.

That be said:

PLEASE: Remember you are now not just representing your faction and all of your guild, but you are now representing your WHOLE SERVER. Treat others with respect, and maybe... just maybe... people will feel better about having to play with people from other servers.

:)